Religion.

Stuart

Do you guys have a religion? Express your opinions about religion here!Well, alot of my family is Jehovah's Witness and I have been to a few meetings.I do studies every week with one of the brothers at a local kingdom hall, we read through books about Jehovah and his Word and we discuss the topics. I wouldn't say I am a Jehovah's Witness however, I am not baptised and I don't fulfill everything that a religion requires. For some reason I can't fathom religion. I don't understand enough about how God came to exist. It's impossible for him to just be there.If everything must have a beginning and end and alpha and omega, why is god an exception. An explanation to that was that God was outside of Time itself but I still can't come to terms with a sentient being that has existed with no beginning.I wouldn't describe myself as an atheist though, even though I always question religion personally and I do think science actually has proof of it's theories.The Bible...that's what people say is proof of God's existence. The Bible wasn't written by God though, it was 'inspired' by him.The thing about science is that it has physical proof for its discoveries.For example; every living thing is made up of cells.There is actually proof of a cell, we can actually see a cell.Has anyone seen God? People claim they have but there's no physical proof.Post thoughts.p.s I tend to ramble alot. Sorry LOL

I was raised Catholic, so when I became atheist and started to form my own opinions it kind of seeped through. I believe that the entire universe is the 'higher being' and that it created us. However, I don't necessarily believe that it has a personality, emotions, or goals. I don't worship anything, so its weird to call it a religion. In theory, everything is based on reason and/or the accepted scientific theories with the exception of humans having souls. Where the souls go I have not really thought about. But if I had to answer I'd say they either exit the body upon death and become one with the everything. And that's basically it. If you guys have any questions just ask...

Well Im catholic too, since little, I'm 14 and I am go to the church to pray every week and after the church every week too, I go to a you people reunion and we do activities and we go to meetings that have to do with Jesus and so... And I like it... What can I say?? I was raised this way and this is who I am....

• Upvote 1

Yeah, alot of people were raised into a religion, sort of like family tradition I suppose.I don't believe in humans having a soul, I believe that out body is just our body. It is run by our brain and the blood and oxygen which is pumped around our body.When we die, there is nothing...our body stops functioning and there is no existence of us on the planet. We just simply cease to exist personally.Luck is a tricky subject, I believe it's simply chance, everything in the universe is affected by chance...when something good happens to us it is simply chance that it happened just like bad things...we dont call bad things luck because luck is based on good things in our mind.Luck is a term used to explain someone's success. It's lucky if a guy dropped 1mil in runescape and I picked it up, it's not. It's actually pure coincidence and chance that i was there at that time.

I also believe in a higher power of some sort, whether it is one god or many, but I mostly believe in science. One of the things i find most ridiculous about religion is the idea that god made humans. He may have made what we evolved from, but there are fossils and so much proof that we have evolved that its just ridiculous that people can believe that God just went "poof" and we were made. Also I would hate all the requirements so I actually have no clue what i could be considered.

Believing in science doesn't mean in any way, shape, or form that you cannot believe in a higher being. The two entities are not contradictory or in direct conflict. Science is knowledge and religion is the method we use to explain everything we do not know. The moment we know something, it is immediately taken out of the realm of religion and the religion adapts. Religion is not static. If we interpret dogma in such a way that it contradicts any tangible evidence or explanation, we are wrong. Religion is not wrong; our interpretation of the doctrine is wrong. All of that aside, I believe fully in a higher being but I do not know everything about that being. I'd categorize myself as a hopeful agnostic. I'd love to have a God as explained in most of the religions today, but I'm not fully convinced by any. My Mormon girlfriend is trying to monopolize on that fact but I've grown to resent the Mormon church. She's left me because of their teachings before. She always came back though, so oh well.

I'm an atheist, and I think believing that some sort of deity exists is foolish. I like to think that that's the case-- it's very comforting.

But in the back of my mind I know that I'll only know when I'm dead. Or not.

Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against religious people. Some of the people I respect most are devout Christians. One of them once said, "Science is an explanation of how things work, and religion is an explanation of why." That being said, I think religion doesn't have to be inherently harmful-- but I do think we'd be better off without it. Religion can make people do good things, but it also makes good people do bad things.

I believe in proof basically. When someone has a theory they need to back it up.

I would actually feel uncomfortable knowing there is a higher being watching you at all times.

Some people believe God created the Big Bang, in that case, religion and science coincide.

I don't believe in humans having a soul, I believe that out body is just our body. It is run by our brain and the blood and oxygen which is pumped around our body

You get what I mean, do I have to go into further detail of how the body works?

no one can [ever] prove to someone else if there is a higher power until they die

So you're saying that when someone dies they find out if there is a higher being/God?

So when I die, I will somehow still exist in a spiritual, non-earthly form?

I believe death is just when the body can no longer function, it ceases to function in a way that provides human life so it dies.

religion is an explanation of why

''why'' is a question asked when there is a reason.

was there a reason for the world we know to be created?

religion immediately assumes there must be; and this goes back to how it started LOL

I believe in proof basically. When someone has a theory they need to back it up.

I would actually feel uncomfortable knowing there is a higher being watching you at all times.

Some people believe God created the Big Bang, in that case, religion and science coincide.

I don't believe in humans having a soul, I believe that out body is just our body. It is run by our brain and the blood and oxygen which is pumped around our body

You get what I mean, do I have to go into further detail of how the body works?

no one can [ever] prove to someone else if there is a higher power until they die

So you're saying that when someone dies they find out if there is a higher being/God?

So when I die, I will somehow still exist in a spiritual, non-earthly form?

I believe death is just when the body can no longer function, it ceases to function in a way that provides human life so it dies.

religion is an explanation of why

''why'' is a question asked when there is a reason.

was there a reason for the world we know to be created?

religion immediately assumes there must be; and this goes back to how it started LOL

I agree. What I'm saying, though, is I'd rather have people going around saying that as opposed to "Science is a lie, God is an absolute truth! Convert or eat lead!"

Im agnostic.I believe in a higher power, though the power may not necessarily be one power, and said power may not be a god.I believe in science, evolution, however i also support the theory of intelligent design.Religion in itself is neither good nor bad, however when you add human nature into it, it becomes corrupt.Many Religions thrived on recruiting more people by demonizing other religions, an example would be when the Christians would use imagery in their writings to depict the Devil/Satan they would present him with a large crooked nose which is a common characteristic of Israelis of Hebrew faith.

Im agnostic.I believe in a higher power, though the power may not necessarily be one power, and said power may not be a god.I believe in science, evolution, however i also support the theory of intelligent design.Religion in itself is neither good nor bad, however when you add human nature into it, it becomes corrupt.Many Religions thrived on recruiting more people by demonizing other religions, an example would be when the Christians would use imagery in their writings to depict the Devil/Satan they would present him with a large crooked nose which is a common characteristic of Israelis of Hebrew faith.

Err...you realize Christianity is a direct evolution of Judaism? Jesus Christ himself was a Jew, and the very first Christians were all Hebrew/Jews.

Err...you realize Christianity is a direct evolution of Judaism? Jesus Christ himself was a Jew, and the very first Christians were all Hebrew/Jews.

You should travel back to the middle ages and tell that to the Catholic Church.

People often do things in the name of Christendom of which Christ would most likely disapprove.

Bill Maher said it best: "They're not followers of Christ... They're just fans."