Mighty Banshee's

Tynisa

Im sure there are a few guides about banshee's knocking about teh internet, however - i might as well have a crack at it.

So - why Mighty Banshee's?

I shall compile a small list;

[*]Easy to get to.

[*]15-20% boost to your attack/strength stats.

[*]Limited competition for spaces - 90% of the time no competition.

[*]Pure Essence drops pay for the trip, so its always free, and usually turns a nice profit.

[*]Pretty much a guaranteed Effigy and a Hard Clue Scroll Drop everytime

[*]Lots of Green charms .. i can make so many Bunyips its exciting.

I'll be honest, i don't know the exact xp/hr, however they are easy to hit, and wearing a salve amulet/salve amulet (e) you get a 15/20% boost to stats .. so let's say its better than average.

---

Requirements:

60+ Attack

1+ Strength

1+ Defence

43+ Prayer - 60+ is preferred .. but it's do-able with 43.

Whatever the quest requirement levels are.

Quest Requirements/Recommended Quests:

Key:

Red - Requirements.

Orange - Will just make your training easier/faster.

Gertrudes Cat, Icthlarin's Little Helper, The Restless Ghost, Smoking Kills - This is the quest you need to go down the actual waterfall where banshee's are located.

Priest in Peril, Haunted Mine - Access to the Salve Amulet (15% boost to Strength/Attack) - the main reason we are training on the undead.

Haunted Mine, Tarn's Lair - Access to the Salve Amulet (e) (20% boost to Strength/Attack) - i recommend taking the time to get this upgrade, its worth the time spent. It can however be a bit tricky, so this video-guide might help: Tarn's Lair (Thanks to Zybez)

Black Knights Fortress, Druidic Ritual, Recruitment Drive - This gives you access to the Initiate armour, not the best prayer armour, but it will suffice.

Sea Slug, Recruitment Drive, Priest in Peril, The Lost Tribe, Rune Mysteries, Wanted, The Slug Menace - This gives you access to the Proselyte armour, the upgraded version of Initiate.

Love Story - You get the ability to use "Chip" house tab's to make them teleport you to any of the house locations - without having a house there. This quest has a LOT of requirements, so instead of posting them, i will link you to the guide at Zybez .. which makes my life easier, and probably yours. Love Story Guide

---

Gear: (The First item is the preferred - unless stated otherwise.)

Head:

Masked Earmuffs, Full Slayer Helmet (It doesn't matter which .. whatever you find more aesthetically pleasing.)

Neck:

Salve Amulet/Salve Amulet (e)

Chest:

Proseltye Hauberk/Initiate whateverthechestpieceiscalled

Legs:

Proseltye Tassets (Or the boy version)/Initiate whateverthelegpieceiscalled

Boots:

Bandos Boots/Dragon Boots - Bandos has a +1 prayer, Dragon has +4 Strength .. i prefer Dragon to be honest.

Ring:

Ring of Wealth, Berzerker Ring, Warrior Ring - I go with RoW .. its given me a 1mil onyx bolt drop, and 2x 750k Torstol drops. If you are maxing your XP though, feel free to wear Zerk/Warrior.

Weapon/Shield:

Saradomin Sword, Whip + Dragon Defender, Korasi Sword + Dragon Defender, Dragon Scimitar + Dragon Defender. (You should wear the defender if you are not using the Saradomin Sword as you will be praying anyway, so no damage will be taken)

--

Inventory:

4 x Super Attack

4 x Super Strength

1x Crim Charm

1x Green Charm

1x Blue Charm

1 x Noted Pure Essence

1 x Teletab for Pollinveach/House teleport if your house is in Pollinveach.

Fill up the rest of your inventory with prayer potions.

--

How to get there/Where to train when inside:

Use your House teleport tablet, or the chipped tablet .. This is by far the best way to get there.

Ring of Dueling or Amulet of Glory to Al Karid, then take the carpet to Pollinveach .. however you will have to leave space in your inventory for cash, and possibly removing your shield - so bear that in mind.

Once you are there, go south to the well you went down in the Smoking Kills quest.

When in the well, you should already know where the banshee's are, however here is a map that points out where the well is, and where you should train!

Posted Image

By tynisa at 2011-09-10

This shows where the well is in Pollinveach .. i shouldn't have to, but whatever.

Posted Image

By tynisa at 2011-09-10

The training spots. I use the eastside wall, i find the rock placements are better - its a little easier for them to line up around you.

If they go un-aggressive, change to the north or south spot on the same side of the wall you are on. If both sites are un-agressive, run a little south towards the exit and they will become aggresive again.

ALWAYS PRAY MELEE It's amazing how quickly they can bite through you when you aren't praying.

--

I don't think i have left anything out - however this is once again a nice basic guide for you to get started in your quest for melee XP. There are always ways to improve, so please feel free.

Omfg, you matched me, I just finished smoking kills yesterday and right after it I got a banshees taska nd I thought those in the well were like lvl 60 and so I did 2 trips to them 0_0 omfg, I lasted less than 10 mins in the both trips, because you realy need to pray melee or fuckd... I got to rswiki and the is says that you have to pray melee because theyr attacks are magic melee based..... :S

Omfg, you matched me, I just finished smoking kills yesterday and right after it I got a banshees taska nd I thought those in the well were like lvl 60 and so I did 2 trips to them 0_0 omfg, I lasted less than 10 mins in the both trips, because you realy need to pray melee or fuckd... I got to rswiki and the is says that you have to pray melee because theyr attacks are magic melee based..... :S

I was leik omfg i went and did the thing but didnt work cause read things dont do well and omfg wtf pwned so bad
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does the obsidian cape even do anything anymore?

It's the go to cape if you are meleeing and...1. Don't have a skill cape or quest cape2. Don't have a fire cape3. Dont have a Soul Wars capeBasically, a decent cape for meleeing, but not the best. If you don't have a soul cape and plan to go to banshees, I'd use either a god cloak, which you have if I'm not mistaken, or Obby cape won't be too bad.

Work on the basis that the XP and hour is probably one of the best in the game.You are getting a free 20% boost to attack and strength + super pots; against creatures with seemingly low defence.To give you an idea of the XP - A full trip using 15 prayer pots with 95 prayer and 90 str will get me a total XP of 200-250k ish. (Thats HP and Str XP combined.)I've never actually ran an XP/hour, ive only ever gone on the total XP. Either way, its the fastest XP i know of that is never crowded - i have switched worlds like three times on my road from 90-98.

• 8 months later...

I think they lowered the drop rates of herbs. When i started i would get a full invent of Lantadymes (sp) and Dwarf Weed. From 97-99 i got 1-2 herbs a run, which is kinda wierd.Either way, the pure essence is the payload for the trips anyway.BANSHEEEE's.