RuneScape Bots: Cyclic Nerd Rage

David

I personally think it's hilarious how many complaints I've been hearing about botting recently. Before I delve into this any further, let me just say that I feel your pain and I don't condone botting at all. With that said, though ,haven't you guys noticed it started right after free trade returned? Before Jagex took away the wilderness and free trade, all people EVER complained about was bots. So Jagex implemented the new trading system, and bots were essentially rendered irrelevant. Then for the next 4 years, ALL anyone EVER complained about was not having free trade or the old PKing wildy. Now, of course, it's back... And the rage has come full circle.Moral of the story... People always have - and always will - complain regardless of what is in place. Usually it's the same people.

People are always going to have something to complain about. Me personally i would prefer having the wilderness and free trade over rendering bots irrelevant. This is because the main reason i quit rs for more than 3 years was because Jagex took the Real wilderness away. People are always going to bot so there is almost nothing anyone can do about them. I was doing nothing but Pking before Jagex took the wilderness away and its the reason i quit the game. Now thats its back i plan on getting back into the wilderness as much as possible.

I have two things to say:First one is that a guy made a vid about bots and it's great, and explaining all the stuff, I'll show you it wen I find him from my youtube subscriptions...

Second one is that Bad things sometimes can turn into good things and I found a topic in the RS foruns about in how to make BOTS USEFULL TO YOU, and I'll copy the link to here for you guys to see.. Its actualy quite good to ppl like me that love dragon slaying :(This is a video about a guy that I realy respect and make nice vides, this video is about he commenting about Bots...

But I realy have a complain to make about bots, it is that nowadays if you are stanking in anywere and a guy comes near you and you don't respond he bans you.. Look to this stupid thing:
Last night I was a little bit east from the varrock west bank that is under GE, I was close to the varrock tele fountain and you know what happened to me. I was resting sitted in the ground seeing some youtube vids, a few mins later I come and there is a bunch of guys stoking me saying I am a bot because I don't talk and I get up I click in follow the most high lvl guy and they start to say, Yeah he is going to bot even more and I sad like: dude what whats I botting? Resting?? Yeah great skill to bot.. and the guy sad, well ur a bot because you don't takl and Im like o.0
Nowadays ppl just ban me because I don't talk but the reaso to I don't talk is because I see alot of those advertising bots selling gold and I just TURN OFF the PUBLIC chat and as I don't talk ppl ban me, yesterday after this that I sad up here, some of the guys that banned me urlier saw me again, I was watching videos again in youtube and now I were between the GE and the varrock bank and I didn't talk to them and they banned me again..
So basicly nowadays noobs bana everyone that don't talk anbd that is shit, I think I was banned like 6 or 7 times yesterday because of don't talk, but I don't talk because off ppl boting advertisements I have public chat off or in the hide option and ppl just ban me and That is MY BIGGEST COMPLAIN IN HOW BOTS SUCK, BECAUSE YOU GET BOTTER UNFARLY BY JUST DON'T TALK TO NOOBS....

Fuck bots suck!!

Your understanding of the word "ban" is pretty lacking, Muscle. Banning is where your account is made unavailable to you by Jagex.

Well OK THANI wasn't banned like 6 or 7 timesI was fucking REPORTED LIKE 6 OR 7 TIMES BECAUSE OF FUCKING NOOBS... AND IF I GET BANEED BECUSE OF THESE GUYS WILL YOU STILL MAKE JOKE OF THE WAY I TALK??Im pissed off!!

Well OK THANI wasn't banned like 6 or 7 timesI was fucking REPORTED LIKE 6 OR 7 TIMES BECAUSE OF FUCKING NOOBS... AND IF I GET BANEED BECUSE OF THESE GUYS WILL YOU STILL MAKE JOKE OF THE WAY I TALK??Im pissed off!!

i think you touch on an important point.Let's say Jagex develops super advanced bot detection systems that ban a lot more players. It has a guess rate of 95%, meaning for every 19 bots banned, 1 legitimate player is banned. Let's say this system kills every bot on RS. Well, gf to you too, 100,000 legitimate players. Jagex can't ban without overwhelming botting evidence, and as the bots grow more and more advanced bans become harder and harder.

i think you touch on an important point.Let's say Jagex develops super advanced bot detection systems that ban a lot more players. It has a guess rate of 95%, meaning for every 19 bots banned, 1 legitimate player is banned. Let's say this system kills every bot on RS. Well, gf to you too, 100,000 legitimate players. Jagex can't ban without overwhelming botting evidence, and as the bots grow more and more advanced bans become harder and harder.

With AI becoming more and more popular/advanced, it's sure to spill into RS. There's always something to complain about when you have a bad attitude :(
  • Upvote 1

Wasn't making fun of you. Just saying, it was a little hard to understand. I also don't see how making fun of the way you talk has anything to do with you being banned...?@BlakelingtonThat's a wonderful point. There will always be an opportunity cost. However, worrying about and addressing those costs is equally important. We should minimize those opportunity costs and the only way to do so is to have people like Mono who address aforementioned problems and bring them to those who can fix them's attention. I hope that made sense.

Can someone tell me why Botting is such a big deal, and always a huge discussion? I really don't care for them, and albeit a few activities I don't really see WHY it's such a big deal. Maybe it's the n00b in me, botting wasn't a big thing when I quit 2 years ago, obviously because free trade was non-existant... But I don't see what the big deal is?I can see why to some skillers. Woodcutting was probably my favorite way to make money thru a non-combat skill. Easy to AFK while watching videos, and produced a lot of money. Willow Logs back when I remember were 30gp per, Yews were 600gp and Magic Logs were 1k each. Since then, Mage logs are actually higher in price, but Yews and Willow logs have suffered severe price drops. This obviously goes for ores in Mining, fishes in fishing etc...More Botters = Lower priced stuff...Which also has it's benefits in other skills...Fletching, Smithing, Firemaking etc. The only time botters have actually bothered me on RS, is during certain activities (Sorceress's Garden) for example, as the bots would screw me up and make me get caught by the guards. Other than that I really couldn't care less about bots. If it's an actual person botting for skills and stuff....well, his/her accomplishments are null and void. If and when I get my 99's, and my Quest cape back, it will be a personal accomplishment, that would not feel the same if I had botted. I don't see the big deal, maybe someone can enlighten me? Lol

If bot's didn't exist, things would cost more.

This would be good for all you skillers out there, but i hate skilling.

However, when i HAVE to skill, for a quest i need, i would much rather the materials i buy be cheaper. For this, i say - Thank You Bots!

--

Whats cool is, people will always complain, we the English would probably never interact with eachother if it was not for a common complaint about the weather, government, the increase in the price of shoelaces, the declining useage of swiss roll with jam in the modern workplace, etc.

It is as you say, if they fix bots, im sure the world would find something else to be angry about, i personally would have to complain about the casting emote for the Fertile Soil spell.