Dusang's In-depth Barrows analysis

Dusang

Hey guys!

Today, I've decided to take on a huge challenge! I will study, compile, and provide the first accurate statistics centered around barrows and its rewards.

Stipulations placed around research:

Minimum hours spent barrowed to consider statistics accurate: 150 hours

Average time spent barrowing a day: 6 hours

All times will be recorded.

All drops will not be sold or distributed until atleast 150 hours of barrowing have been done.

I will provide photographic proof of all findings. (ie drops, etc)

All information compiled, if used, should be credited to myself before doing so.

I will update this thread every day with progress, time spent, and items gained.

I will not calculate rune costs/rune gains, etc. Doesn't interest me.

I will be using a ring of wealth.

You can keep track of my progress here: http://services.runescape.com/m=adventurers-log/display_player_profile.ws?searchName=D+the+Tiger&submit=

Goals in doing this research:

I will calculate percentages pertaining to how often any particular barrows item is looted.

I will calculate the average amount of items required to obtain any barrows item.

I will calculate my own personal average run-time.

I will calculate average hourly profits. The way I will be doing so is compiling a list of average total earnings each day and then average each daily average, and also, adding the total earnings and dividing it by the total time. Both methods could provide some interesting insight. Though they should be fairly similar. (I'd like some input on how you predict either of these calculations to work out)

Future plans:

I plan to have this posted on both tip.it and xp-waste by the end of this month.

If anyone can make me some graphics for the thread, you will be credited and I'd be extremely appreciative. Perhaps a portion of the final profits could be yours?

I will hold a massive give-a-way at the end of this study in which I will distribute around 10m of the total profit. (I will allow TRR to host and distribute these funds, if they want)

How can you trust the accuracy of my research? I've worked at multiple labs compiling, recording and assessing information for the past 3 years. I'll do my best to provide you with accurate, thoroughly checked, double-checked and triple-checked information.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Not a bad setup at all.I switch out your cape for zammy god .. cos im not as cool.Switch the SOL for a black sally, reverance aura, fury neck and verac top.I would imagine your setup is better, but you have better stats and more cash. :-P--Barrows used to be a 1m/hr thing - just on the runes. Dunno what its like now, been a while since i've been.

Not a bad setup at all.I switch out your cape for zammy god .. cos im not as cool.Switch the SOL for a black sally, reverance aura, fury neck and verac top.I would imagine your setup is better, but you have better stats and more cash. :-P--Barrows used to be a 1m/hr thing - just on the runes. Dunno what its like now, been a while since i've been.

Not sure I'd call it better. Sure they're about equally as efficient. :o

81 chests later .. o.o--Your making me want to barrows again .. i do have to admit it was a rather fun time in my life.Quick tip, i use half monkfish, and half basket of strawberries (5) - they heal overall more than monkfish, but require more eating time. (Use in the tunnels against the little monster peoples.)Dunno if that tip is well known .. i imagine it is.