How much do you tip for pizza delivery?

David

Dominoes guy is coming to my dorm in like 20mins. Order was about $9-10 so I was planning on just giving him $2, which is my static tip regardless of order size. What makes me mad, though, is that all the national pizza places (Dominoes/Pizza Hut/etc) all have this "delivery fee" on their site for like $3-4. I always thought that was always used to tip the drivers, so I never paid extra... until I learned that that goes straight to the chain as some sort of scammy back-end price increase.

I think 12% is the minimum you are supposed to tip. Don't ask me how they came up with that. The real question is who came up with the 12% rule.

So yeah, $2 is generous. Though with the delivery fee added, The Universe won't strike you down for withholding the $2.

I once ordered a pizza and a drink. The guy forgot to bring me my soda, made a Spongebob joke, and gave me $2.

mfw pizza guy tips me for eating pizza

$20 or less - $5 tip

Round $50 - $10 tip

Round $75 - $20 tip

Round $100 - $30-$40 tip

Give or take $5-$20 depending on their service.

Least thats what I do, I used to work as a Hibachi Chef and tips kind of determined if the next time that person comes how willing we are to cook for them, we still would since its our job, but we would try to con each other into taking their table.

Tips are how a lot of servers and such make their money, their paychecks(if they get one) are mostly only used to pay taxes.

Remember people, Always tip your strippers, oh um servers.

I'm not even joking, lol, Dutch people don't ever tip. Unless you have to pay like 72 euros, it's pretty normal to pay 75 then. But seriously, why would you tip? People get paid to do their job. I'm a teacher, I don't get tips from children of parents, do I?

The difference is that delivery people rely on tips for their salary. Tipping has become so standard that employers are allowed to pay delivery people below minimum wage because they expect tips. You're screwing the delivery man over if you don't tip him here in the States.

The difference is that delivery people rely on tips for their salary. Tipping has become so standard that employers are allowed to pay delivery people below minimum wage because they expect tips. You're screwing the delivery man over if you don't tip him here in the States.

Well that's a pretty lame policy, if you ask me :P Employees have the right to get paid the minimum wage, right? 

I actually remember tipping the cleaners in Egypt €10,- (in Egyptian currency) when it was the last day I was there. I used to tip them like €1,- every day, but for the last day I was like fuck this Egyptian money. €10,- is a lot for them, and only like worth 1 hour of work for me...