Photo

Officially Closing Down (Probably)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts
There hasn't been any RuneScape related discussion that wasn't posted by Captain Falcon (a bot) in weeks. It's going on 2 months with only 1 application. No leadership or member activity to speak of.Seriously, unless someone is going to step up in this thread and take things into their own hands I plan on just closing the application forum.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Tynisa

Tynisa

• 761 Posts
Looks like we are done.We are a forum of people who happen to like to talk to eachother. Nothing more.

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts
I don't think it's really that we're slowing down; I think Runescape in general is slowing down. Quite sad, really. I defended it against the CoD fanboys from 2009 until 2011. Then I discovered Dragon Age and realized that I preferred that style of game instead.

Dy3nasty666

Dy3nasty666

• 517 Posts

I don't think it's really that we're slowing down; I think Runescape in general is slowing down. Quite sad, really.

yea pretty much. besides it doesnt really help much when theres only like 5 people who use it.

Eric the Bard

Eric the Bard

• 624 Posts
I think we should focus on a new game and recruit new members. I really want the community to grow, but right now we are mostly playing different games and just talk about random stuff. I don't really think that's bad, but I don't think we will get more members that way.

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts

I think we should focus on a new game and recruit new members. I really want the community to grow, but right now we are mostly playing different games and just talk about random stuff. I don't really think that's bad, but I don't think we will get more members that way.

I was thinking we could expand into Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls, and Dust 514. DD and DkS fit with our style and are amazing games with unique online components, and Dust 514 is going to be free.

Nathan

Nathan

• 348 Posts
I take full responsibility for the lack of applications at the moment, since that's my responsibility and I haven't actually done much recruiting for ages since other things have gotten in the way, when I have though people generally aren't interested in joining our clan, they're either after an active clan with lots of activity or a new one with barely any members that they can start up.Add to that the lack of interest people have for Runescape now, and yeah, maybe it is time to look at expanding into different games.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

The RuneScape clan, TRR, is what we'll close. ES and whatever isn't going anywhere, but at the same time it's not a clan. The site (with the current exception of TRR's part) is just a gaming discussion forum, which will grow to include a wide variety of different gamers (hopefully). I do think we should all try to get together on other common games we all have, though. CoD, Minecraft, etc.

Looks like we are done.We are a forum of people who happen to like to talk to eachother. Nothing more.

Pretty much this. That's all any forum is, after all. The RuneScape clan aspect of it all has been gone for quite awhile in my opinion. I do think it's salvageable and I'm positive that there is more than enough activity in RuneScape to return to whatever former glory we had... It's a matter of finding enough leadership willing to devote the time and resources necessary to get there again. That's the part I'm not seeing happen, hence this thread.

Nathan

Nathan

• 348 Posts

...people generally aren't interested in joining our clan, they're either after an active clan with lots of activity or ...

I just noticed this. Wow I really am tired.

Anarchy

Anarchy

• 1,273 Posts
I'm willing to put work into trying to save TRR, but I need supporting staff behind me. ATM only deathirst is online..which is kind of hard. On top of that most of us have university/college which makes it hard to keep up with runescape stuff. If anything if you do decide to close the forum, keep the clan alive and have admins run it.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

I'm willing to put work into trying to save TRR, but I need supporting staff behind me. ATM only deathirst is online..which is kind of hard. On top of that most of us have university/college which makes it hard to keep up with runescape stuff. If anything if you do decide to close the forum, keep the clan alive and have admins run it.

That's what's wrong though. Yeah, people are in school but if you want the place to continue you have to MAKE time for it. I haven't seen anyone do that, and that's why we're here. I'm also confused about what you mean by keeping the clan alive while closing the forum. There aren't any admins (or anyone, really) that are running it now, so why would they if the forums are closed?You guys need to recruit in-game and offer people positions. It's really not hard to get people interested if they're offered a position. It's just that no one is doing it, and it has snow-balled.

Anarchy

Anarchy

• 1,273 Posts

You guys need to recruit in-game and offer people positions. It's really not hard to get people interested if they're offered a position. It's just that no one is doing it, and it has snow-balled.

Alright, I'm going to give it a try again. I just need members again, mine ran out.

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts
I mean it can be done :) but I'm not going to point the finger because i left :( do none of you have in-game friends that might join? :s

Dy3nasty666

Dy3nasty666

• 517 Posts

I mean it can be done :) but I'm not going to point the finger because i left :( do none of you have in-game friends that might join? :s

haha. Friends. Friends slow down your exp gain!jk I have some of them idk how many would be active though

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts

haha. Friends. Friends slow down your exp gain!jk I have some of them idk how many would be active though

even if they only join for like a week whilst you recruit in-game to make the clan look active its something

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com