Photo

The Search for Blexun's Treasure

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts

The Search for Blexun's Treasure

Date: Join on July 3rd. Search and clues begin on July 5th.

Notes: Fun event I hope to do more of. Free swag as well

About

With the completion of Carnillean Rising, I've come across a chest that I can store any item in and let other people find. So naturally, I've hidden it somewhere in the wide world of Runescape. Your job is simple, solve the clues to figured out the 5 digit pin number, then solve the last clue to find out where the treasure is buried. You need the pin number to unlock it, so rushing to the end will do you no good, unless you wanna guess numbers from 00001-99999.

Rules

[*]The chest is on world 64. Digging on other worlds won't help
    [*]You can only search for the chest when I'm logged in. This is Jagex's rule, not mine, so I'll try to be idling as soon as I relsease the clues
    [*]BRING A SPADE!
    [*]You can help others if you really want to, just know there is only one prize
    [*]I'll do my very best only have clues and the chest in non-quest related areas or quest related areas I assume we have all done already. Also, the chest will only be hidden in areas on the world map. In other words, no dungeons or buildings.
    [*]YOU MUST ASK ME FOR A KEY! You need both the pin number and a key to unlock the chest once you find it. Once I bury the chests you can request keys from me in game
    [*]The pin numbers aren't in the order that you solve them in. Once you have the pin numbers, pm me them in game and I'll tell you the order they are in.
    [*]If you pm me the supposed pin numbers and they are wrong, I won't let you guess again for another 10 minutes.
    [*]I'll give you a hint as to the general location of the chest ahead of time, but I'll only tell you the directions to the exact location when you pm me the pin numbers.
    [/list]

Prize

Now it wouldn't be fun if I told you what you were playing for. I will say it is a pricier costume from my personal collection. And honestly, I came up with this off of the top of my head. I just hope you appreciate the item and you aren't blind sighted when you get it.

Introduction

I woke up in the Party Room bar, regretting the night I had with the random stranger who challenged me to the drinking contest. After pulling myself together and getting back to the bank, I noticed one of my most prized posessions missing from my bank. In its place, I see a note with 6 clues on it. Thus, I begin following the clues on the note, on what I assume is a retracing of my forgotten, drunken, night.

Clue #1

Spoiler

Clue #2

Spoiler

Clue #3

Spoiler

Clue #4

Spoiler

Clue #5

Spoiler

Spoiler

Wrap Up

I dug up the treasure, and saw my prized posession at last. I was going to reclaim, but I hesitated. It means a lot to me and has been with me for years. But our time together is nearing it's end and I'm not the person I used to be. So I reburied it, leaving it for another adventurer to claim for his or her own, that is if they can retrace my drunken night as well.

Time Chart

Daylight Saving Time

Time Zone UTC/GMT Relative Event Time
    British Summer +1:00 10:00 P.M.
    UTC/GMT 0:00 9:00 P.M.
    Eastern -4:00 5:00 P.M.
    Central -5:00 4:00 P.M.
    Mountain -6:00 3:00 P.M.
    Pacific -7:00 2:00 P.M.

If your time zone is not included in the chart, a time zone converter may be of help.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

TRR Daniel

TRR Daniel

• 91 Posts
Time suit's me so i will be there sounds epic :D

cheekychips

cheekychips

• 136 Posts
I WANT TO DO THIS SO BAD. but its on the 4th of july, I'm usually always really busy on the 4th of July D:

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts

I WANT TO DO THIS SO BAD. but its on the 4th of july, I'm usually always really busy on the 4th of July D:

Oh. I forgot I'll be at a festival on the 4th.5TH OF JULY IT IS!

Huygens

Huygens

• 1,271 Posts
Wait what? Is this seriously possible? Sounds epic :o How do you get such a chest?

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts
last time I did one of these the clues were so friggen harddddd, an hour to work them all and get to the locs and what not like 2 out of 30 got to the last clue...Dear Mr.Blexun. Could you please be ever so kind as to make the clues so hard my balls ache. as that would be bad for everyone, but mainly me.Regards(Imagine my signature here)BradBut tbf I probably wont be there to take part anyway!

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts

last time I did one of these the clues were so friggen harddddd, an hour to work them all and get to the locs and what not like 2 out of 30 got to the last clue...

I'm in the process of creating them now, but they aren't hard. Like I said, you won't be hella rich from this event, but you'll bank one of my personal items. Also this is mainly a test to see how I could use the chest for future events. In the future, I may hide large amounts of cash or some high end items. Just seeing what works and what doesn't.

torpedo jr

torpedo jr

• 9 Posts
Looks very fun...can't wait to do it and win the prize Posted Image

Nathan

Nathan

• 348 Posts
Sounds cool, I don't think I'll be able to take part unfortunately, but still it seems like a really unique interesting event :)

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts
The answer is the bar North of Varrok; the one right on the edge of the old wildy line. It's really quite obvious if you make a code out of all of his capitalized letters and take into account his intro story.Thanks for playing, losers.

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts

The answer is the bar North of Varrok; the one right on the edge of the old wildy line. It's really quite obvious if you make a code out of all of his capitalized letters and take into account his intro story.Thanks for playing, losers.

I gave you a like, but I refuse to give you anymore until I get those cool buttons you have.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

I gave you a like, but I refuse to give you anymore until I get those cool buttons you have.

The ones in my signature? They do look pretty sweet, don't they. They even have explanation text when you hover over them without moving the cursor. You jelly?

cheekychips

cheekychips

• 136 Posts
Is the prize your love?

Tynisa

Tynisa

• 761 Posts
Most interesting event RS.Real.--You forgot the props to that sexy bitch Tynisa for helping you test this.

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts

The ones in my signature? They do look pretty sweet, don't they. They even have explanation text when you hover over them without moving the cursor. You jelly?

Posted Image

Is the prize your love?

Too rich for my blood

You forgot the props to that sexy bitch Tynisa for helping you test this.

I kind of wish we tested longer periods of time of you being logged out with my key. Not that it matters as I'm pretty sure people will stay on until it's solved.

UPDATE: Added two more rules to the event. These are just to make sure somebody doesn't cheat in one of the following ways.

[*]Solve 4 clues then spam me with answers while guessing the last one.
    [*]Solve 4 clues, then solve the location clue, then force guess the pin number.
    [/list]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com