Jagex comes third in Golden Joysticks Awards.

Dy3nasty666

The results for the 2011 competition haven't been updated on the Golden Joystick Awards website but it's being posted all over their social networking accounts. And of course Jagex won't be posting it on the RuneScape front page any time soon because they lost.

Best Free-to-play

League of Legends

Second place

World Of Tanks

Third place

RuneScape

What are your opinions on the result? Did Jagex deserve to win this year? Or are you glad that someone else has taken the title this year?

I for one am happy someone else won for once. To me Jagex did not deserve to win this award, nor did they previously.

It also seems that Jagex not winning thise time round has sparked them to introduce the bot nuking update. Do you think this is true? Do you think it would have happened had Jagex won this year round?

Bullshit.They do not ignore the thoughts and opinions of the people playing the game.They're still trying to think up systems to battle bots, whether they work or not.They continue to do those smaller updates and fixes on player requests such as chat changes, make-x's, small gameplay edits and more stuff like that.Hell, they almost killed the whole freaking game because every dumb player in the whole of RuneScape just had to have free trade back (probably the most stupid decision they made in my opinion, no offense to everyone who voted in favour of this but I simply strongly disagreed with this and still to).Saying they don't listen to the people playing the game is just mean, it's extremely hard to both listen to the players while making sure the game runs properly.

Notice how we VOTED the community voted for the free trade/wildy and people enjoy it! They listened to us? didn't they? They done what we wanted. There was so much love for them when they added it back. They added dungeoneering a ski....Minigame, yes it's a minigame. Did anyone ask for dungeoneering? no. Next example, they added "faruqa toys and games." and look what that spouted. A whole bunch of low life scamming dicers. You could argue "we wanted that. They said it in the blog post." No - they read the forums seen one or two guys wanting it. There is so many pointless updates with time wasted on them which could have been used on something USEFULL. They don't listen to everyone in the community. EVERY update in the game should be put to the community. Tested, Beta tested. That is all.

Bullshit.They do not ignore the thoughts and opinions of the people playing the game.They're still trying to think up systems to battle bots, whether they work or not.They continue to do those smaller updates and fixes on player requests such as chat changes, make-x's, small gameplay edits and more stuff like that.Hell, they almost killed the whole freaking game because every dumb player in the whole of RuneScape just had to have free trade back (probably the most stupid decision they made in my opinion, no offense to everyone who voted in favour of this but I simply strongly disagreed with this and still to).Saying they don't listen to the people playing the game is just mean, it's extremely hard to both listen to the players while making sure the game runs properly.

Bam. That just happened.Yeah Jagex won like two or three years in a row. League of Legends is pretty legit, so losing to them is understandable. They definitely are listening to our opinions. People wanted a way to replay certain bosses and that's one of the reasons they made the Dominion Tower. And yeah, they brung back wildy, which I'm for (sorry Judo :D). Third place is still a respectable achievement.Edit:

Did anyone ask for dungeoneering? no. Next example, they added "faruqa toys and games." and look what that spouted. A whole bunch of low life scamming dicers.

Well nobody is gonna say "Hey Jagex, we want a skill that is actually a minigame where we can spend tokens on weapons and other items for skills and we want this skill to go up to 120". Asking for our opinion on every single update is just as much as a waste of time. They don't dick around with updates by asking us what we want. They release it, get our feedback, tweak it, update it, etc. And as far as the tools for games thing, I'm pretty they released that to encourage innovation as well as because people wanted it. And don't you dice now, hypocrite?

There's a problem with that list.None of those games is Skyrim.[/thread]

You are very excited about this. Not sure if you didn't know, but the category was best free game. Now that I think about it, that means Jagex should only get judged by it's free content, which sucks. I think they should be happy they got third.

You are very excited about this. Not sure if you didn't know, but the category was best free game. Now that I think about it, that means Jagex should only get judged by it's free content, which sucks. I think they should be happy they got third.

I'm sure Bethesda would have sent the judges a free copy.