Clan Requirements Poll

David

TRR Requirements  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What should TRR's combat requirements be?

• 60+
    • 70+
    • 80+
    • 90+
    • 100+
    • 110+
    • Other - Total Level
    • Leave them as they are.
    • No RS Requirements; stricter application.

It's a tie for me personally. Some small part of me wishes we had Combat Requirements so we could war more effectively and stand more of a chance in PvP situations, however the same thing that pulled me towards TRR was the fact it had 0 requirements.I'd be more willing to open up to Requirements that were Total Level based than Combat Level based.

I remember this being a hotly contested subject back on the old forums. Personally, I'm not sure what to put. I think there should be some sort of requirment, but not so much of a combat requirment, but something that garuntees actual participation in the clan. TRR has been struggling with that for a while now it seems.The only problem with this is that there really isn't any sort of requirment you can make that would only filter through active members. I'm at a loss for ideas on that one.Kaiden also has a valid point, I also enjoy high levels, and lots of 'em. However for the time being I say we try to build our ranks up again before we start imposing limits on who can join.

I'd quit if there were requirements. Placing emphasis on community is why I joined the clan and the moment I recognize a hindrance to the development, or a stipulation placed around that progression, I'd be inclined to leave. (I'm not hurling ultimatums around, this is simply just my opinion and my, personal, idea of what a clan should be. I hold no animosity towards anyone that wants requirements or the people who have them. It's just not how I play.)Having a more in-depth PERSONALITY-based application process? Sure.Have requirements pertaining to Runescape? No thanks.If anything, we should focus on developing a more welcoming, kind community that doesn't talk about botting/cheating at all hours of the day. (I don't care if you do it, but you're arrogant if you expect anyone to care, much less comment on how cool you are for doing it.)The message I received when I joined was that everyone was kind and mature and most of you are but...then again, a whole helluva lot of people aren't.My 2 cents.

I do enjoy the no requirement community at TRR but at the same time, something needs to be done. I have no problem helping people when it is needed, but I am sick of the n00bs who need to ask a question about every single problem instead of looking at a help site like the rest of us. Also there are a couple members who were just botting and bragging about their bots constantly in our cc and did not contribute to the community at all. I have tryed botting at one point (don't kill me pl0x) It's nothing amazing but if you're going to do it, just shut up about it, us real players don't care. I suggest we take an idea that I believe was born in the FPS community. Many clans require you to "try-out" before you are allowed to join the ranks. I suggest we have a 1-2 week trial period where we will base their participation and activity and decide whether they should be allowed to join.My opinion, I needed to get some of my e-rage out.

• Upvote 1

Well as a clan shouldn't we have each others back and be willing to help one another? The bot problem, i definitly agree with you there. You have a solid idea about try outs, but the problem is that some people that are willing to join might hate it because of the long duration of time that it may take for them to actually have that try out and acceptance

I joined TRR on a no requirement standard, I like the idea. At one point in time I would have called for a total level/combat level requirement to try and enforce activity. But I believe another requirement that has nothing to do with levels should come into play. Forum activity 'posts per month/week' And event attendance % depending on the amount of events held within the calendar month. This would still hold true to therebelz being a no level requirement clan, but would still enforce activity to a certain degree. You could also, instead of accepting all people, put them on a probationary period such as trial member to see how active they are. Giving them a set % of events and number of forum posts to do within a 2 week period before becoming a full fledged member. That not only would show if a person was active or not, but it would also get them into the loop of meeting people, posting, and attending events.

About the event attendance req, I know we have many different time zones within the clan. So, for that to take place, we need et to work a bit harder, (you guys are doing good now) and make events for different timezones. Giving those say in Australia who are at about a 12 hour difference from a lot of us, the chance to be able to attend events. At one point in time I was making late night (for me) events for those who werent on during the day. I had some decent attendece and people were thrilled to be able to attend. (I suck at reflections so I cant do events btw) But two timezone events would be nice for those that cannot attend the norm timezones we have in place. Maybe finding a nice et to make and host events for such later timezones might be in order?

GUYS SORRY TO TALK LIKE THIS BUT IS JUST TO CALL UR ATENTION:THIS IS A COMBAT EVENTS POLL, THE STUFF YOU ARE SAYING SEEMS LIKE AMORE OF AN ANSWER TO A EVENTS POOL, BUTCOMBAT EVENTS ARE DIFFERENT FROM NORMAL EVENTS.... There should be 2 pools traag not just one, like this it may seem confuse for some to know what to pick and say....

... What?It's a poll for what our entry requirements are for new members.

I joined TRR on a no requirement standard, I like the idea. At one point in time I would have called for a total level/combat level requirement to try and enforce activity. But I believe another requirement that has nothing to do with levels should come into play. Forum activity 'posts per month/week' And event attendance % depending on the amount of events held within the calendar month. This would still hold true to therebelz being a no level requirement clan, but would still enforce activity to a certain degree. You could also, instead of accepting all people, put them on a probationary period such as trial member to see how active they are. Giving them a set % of events and number of forum posts to do within a 2 week period before becoming a full fledged member. That not only would show if a person was active or not, but it would also get them into the loop of meeting people, posting, and attending events.

I fullheartedly agree (especially with the bit about stricter application procedures.) :D