Is riding horses a sport? Riders are athletes?

David

So clearly if you think there sports then exercise levels don't matter? Because they don't, it's like shooting, archery all those sports. There still athletes

Didn't say they were sports, but I agree with Blexun that participating in some sports doesn't make you an athlete (if you just define a sport as a compitetion).I guess I kind of think of it like this...Activity - Running race, basketball, darts, chess, studying.vCompetition - Running race, basketball, darts, chess.vSport - Running race, Basketball, etc (strenuous physical activity)

Why does this need classifying?If people come together to play a game/sport/activity/etc together that they all enjoy, and in the end there is a winner of said game, why can we not just be happy with that being a good thing?Putting people into categories is what generally causes problems in the first place.Religion

• Upvote 1

Sorry but neither do those 3? High jump is 5 steps and a jump big whoop, shotput a spin and a throw, javelin a short sprint and a throw. How can you say they have enough exercise involved?

your gonna say that a high jump doesnt have enough physical exertion to be a sport? im pretty sure that doin a high jump isnt that simple dude... my guess that it would take alot of energy to do that because you wrk almost all your muscels to do so