August 1st, 2012 - The End of TRR (ed. HYPOTHETICAL)

David

So this is a very stupid way to relay that such an old clan is ending. Props to Traagien and Constanci0 for leaving the "Normal members" in the dark. I'd expect some sort of explaination. Although it's apparent that there's no explaination to be made. Either way, to any other members that would like to continue to converse with myself, be sure to add me as i will not be returning to see any further messages.

So this is a very stupid way to relay that such an old clan is ending. Props to Traagien and Constanci0 for leaving the "Normal members" in the dark. I'd expect some sort of explaination. Although it's apparent that there's no explaination to be made. Either way, to any other members that would like to continue to converse with myself, be sure to add me as i will not be returning to see any further messages.

We nearly closed TRR about 6 months ago now? but in a week we recruited and boosted activity, do the same carroll :)

I wasn't really serious about it. It's more or less to motivate people into... You know, actually doing something. There were 0 people in the CC today for hours. No one is even trying, and it's pathetic.Just seeing the responses here, though, I don't think anyone cares. Like 3 responses in 24 hours?@Carroll and Huygens: Seriously? A "stupid way"? Please let me know of any good methods of shutting down a clan. :/

• Upvote 1

@Carroll and Huygens: Seriously? A "stupid way"? Please let me know of any good methods of shutting down a clan. :/

I think they were just meaning that you should have given us more details on why exactly your shutting down the clan, and whether that meant that elder souls was shutting down as some people thought it may have been.Also I assume there's no point in recruiting people now, more members would obviously be a solution to the lack of activity but at the same time its really unfair to invite people to the clan and then shut down (I already feel bad for people I've recruited recently, some of which had come straight from another clan that had disbanded).Also the lack of responses could be just that people see that the clans closing think that's final and so don't bother doing anything more.

It's only closing if people decide to continue to do nothing. I've made similar posts that are more "final" before and things have bounced back well. Will that happen this time? I don't know.Also, you should always be recruiting. Horrible/non-existent recruiting for the last several months is why we're sitting here on this thread now.

It's only closing if people decide to continue to do nothing.

Well, now I feel terrible. There obviously isn't much I can do since I quit, but I wish I could. I just don't know anyone who plays Runescape. All the kids at my school are too lazy to try something other than CoD except for a select few.

Just seeing the responses here, though, I don't think anyone cares. Like 3 responses in 24 hours?@Carroll and Huygens: Seriously? A "stupid way"? Please let me know of any good methods of shutting down a clan. :/

It's the summer, people are out enjoying themselves, dont expect people to slave over rs and go all out to promote trr constantly. It wont happen.Yea an explanation which you later gave is what i was calling for. To just say the clans done, IS STUPID. Reasoning should be given, IMO thats about the worst way to end it. (just saying its done on this date)

Also, you should always be recruiting. Horrible/non-existent recruiting for the last several months is why we're sitting here on this thread now.

I'm calling this a low blow i was a diplomat for a bit over a month i think and i recruited plenty each week, more then most people have for sure. As for doing it now, No, i have real life things to deal with and a new job. I stepped down for a reason, not due to laziness.For you to say such things when there have been people working at it to recruit and whatnot, its just rude to do. I know for a fact when "i814u2fatty, Tcee, and myself" were Dips we worked together while talking about it to ensure the RSOF, Zybez, and Runehq forums were checked frequently each day. I actually believe Tcee had gotten a bit irritated because i would ask her everyday. But i felt it was needed, and we discussed what i was doing and things were good for us. Not everyone does much for this clan BUT I KNOW that for the time i was a dip. along with who i worked along side with. DID their part to help maintain the clan.

I'm not saying over the last 2 months no one did anything. Some people did their jobs well; some didn't. Overall, though, this was the weakest summer effort we've ever had, and no one is doing anything right NOW besides Deathirst. Just because you were doing a good job 2 months ago (or whenever, I'm just saying) doesn't mean people aren't being lazy now.

It's the summer, people are out enjoying themselves, dont expect people to slave over rs and go all out to promote trr constantly. It wont happen.

The summer is the most active time of the year by far. That's how it's always been. Yes, some people such as yourself are older and have jobs... That doesn't mean the people that don't shouldn't promote TRR constantly when they're on.

Yea an explanation which you later gave is what i was calling for. To just say the clans done, IS STUPID. Reasoning should be given, IMO thats about the worst way to end it. (just saying its done on this date)

I'm pretty sure the last month of complete inactivity makes the reasoning pretty obvious. Case in point: this is the only thread that's been active on the RS forums in the last couple days.

hahaha. always easier to point fingers.back in june, it was pretty good. fresh meat always there from tc and res. life happens, they're living - and others need to take the job. also, its summer. question for you. how come youre sitting at home playing with these forums? or why are you playing rs? summer. go outside. do something...

hahaha. always easier to point fingers.

I'm pretty sure I have the right to point out the obvious after leading the clan for 3 years. If stating "activity needs to improve" and telling people that things need to change to thrive is "pointing fingers," I guess I'm guilty.

they're living - and others need to take the job

That's precisely what I'm saying needs to happen that hasn't. People quit and now no one else is stepping up. It's pretty hard to argue or find offense in that.

also, its summer. question for you. how come youre sitting at home playing with these forums? or why are you playing rs? summer. go outside. do something...

You have no idea what I've been doing all summer. You're here right now, I could say the same thing.

I'm pretty sure I have the right to point out the obvious after leading the clan for 3 years. If stating "activity needs to improve" and telling people that things need to change to thrive is "pointing fingers," I guess I'm guilty.

You've been more inactive on rs then anyone, Please tell me again about being active.

you led a clan for three years. youre not helping now. and youre calling the recruiters lazy... i know of..1. unless hes got experience, idk what kind of miracles you expect from him.well if youre so hellbent on keepin this afloat, why dont YOU try recruiting? youre right... and i couldnt give a shit even if you gave me a shit to give. as for me, im recovering from a knee op. not a whole lot i can do

It's no secret I don't play RuneScape. I don't lead the clan anymore. I'm not involved in day to day operations at all.

Does that mean I can't see when there's a problem? No. Does that mean I can't try to fix said problem after I've seen it persist for weeks, if not months? No, and I would be letting TRR down if I did otherwise.

My question is this: why are you two so persistently fighting something that everyone in TRR should HOPE gets resolved? Why are you making this an issue about me when it's something every member in the clan has complained about since the end of June? All I'm doing is creating a thread and saying this: If you want TRR to succeed, the members need to do more than they are now.

There is absolutely nothing bad or disagreeable about that, and your insistence on reducing yourself to petty personal attacks...

[21:57] <resurr3ction> david

[22:03] <@Traaginen> yes?

[22:05] <resurr3ction> Your an idiot, and by far one of the stupidest people ive ever met, and thats put simply, this is also a collective agreement not just my own

...in the face of a POSITIVE change for TRR makes me believe you'd rather see your vendetta to the end instead of solving the problem at hand.

you led a clan for three years. youre not helping now. and youre calling the recruiters lazy... i know of..1. unless hes got experience, idk what kind of miracles you expect from him.

I was the sole recruiter of this clan for a year (2008) and saw it grow to 1600 registered members by 2010. I know recruiting. I did not say Carroll didn't do his job once anywhere in this thread.

well if youre so hellbent on keepin this afloat, why dont YOU try recruiting?

I've done it before. As you've said earlier, I've retired and have given others every opportunity to step up. This is exactly what you recommended earlier. For a year it's been fine, but now it's not working.

The fact of the matter is this: We've had like 20 applicants the entire summer. In previous years we've averaged 3 applications a day. Collectively there is a problem with recruiting. It's not just the Diplomats fault, it's everyone's.

You've been more inactive on rs then anyone, Please tell me again about being active.

David isn't the clan leader anymore.. He has no reason to play RS he just helps with the Forums cause otherwise we wouldn't have a forum at all.. the only reason why David is ranked in game is because it's a safety net.

Guys stop arguing about this.

There is no doubt that the clan has a problem with activity and we aren't getting many new recruits in, as a result turn outs for events are low. Heck we couldn't even get enough people together for a friendly clan war. Basically everything about the clan is being affected.

I disagree with David's methods of improving this (ie announcing the clan would be closed) in my opinion whilst it has the potential to work it does more harm than good, causing conflict amongst ourselves. Anyway I don't want to blame anyone for this all this means is that we need to work harder. Yes there are those who are preoccupied with other things and that's fine, but those who are able to should do their best to help.

Recruiting has gotten harder since I was last in the clan, the fan sites no longer have much activity and people in the Official forums are turned off by the idea of having to visit a website that they are unsure of, but we can work around that. In essence the ratio of people who are suited to TRR has decreased (although due to official support for clans the total number of people looking for clans has increased) so all this means is that we need to post more so that we can ensure we're reaching the right people. Basically if there's anyone who has some free time for recruiting they should do so and apply to become a diplomat (heck 30 minutes is enough to do an okay amount of recruiting, more is better but at this stage any little bit helps). Heck even if you don't want to take up the responsibility of a staff position you can still help out with recruiting, if your unsure how you can contact me and I'll let you know how you can help.

If recruiting isn't your thing then turn up to events. If your in the clan you obviously play Runescape so all you need to do is play the game. If the events team can post about successful events that looks good for the clan which makes it easier to recruit people, more members means more people attending events, and so on. Its all connected. So basically if you see an event that your kind of interested in and its at all convenient go to it. If there aren't any events that interest you and are held at convenient times then make that event.

Asides from that, log into the clan chat (and talk to people in it, there is no point in you being in it if you aren't going to reply to people when they're talking to you), reply to topics on the forums create your own etc.

If there's a war alert, and you do some combat then reply saying you will go. Wars are generally set for times that they will be convenient for most people, obviously if you have other commitments that takes priority but if you've got nothing else to do then just do it.

Yes this clan should be all about having an accepting laid back friendly community but there is work that needs to be done to make that happen otherwise the clan will cease to exist no matter how friendly and happy everyone is.

Its not a whole lot to ask for but if everyone does this it makes a huge difference and basically we would no longer have any problems with the clan.

• Upvote 2

David isn't the clan leader anymore.. He has no reason to play RS he just helps with the Forums cause otherwise we wouldn't have a forum at all.. the only reason why David is ranked in game is because it's a safety net.

how can he claim that no ones ever on, Like ive told you Cons. This clan's mostly Eastern based. And its the summer when people take trips and visit family/friends. No ones going to jump to be active for trr's sake. This clan is based to bring people together, talk, and have a friendly atmosphere, not worry about activity, or recruiting. Of course someone has to do it. Deathirst has been doing something i'm sure of it, Not everyone was as commited to recruiting daily like me or others that worked along side with me.

It's no secret I don't play RuneScape. I don't lead the clan anymore. I'm not involved in day to day operations at all.

Does that mean I can't see when there's a problem? No. Does that mean I can't try to fix said problem after I've seen it persist for weeks, if not months? No, and I would be letting TRR down if I did otherwise.

My question is this: why are you two so persistently fighting something that everyone in TRR should HOPE gets resolved? Why are you making this an issue about me when it's something every member in the clan has complained about since the end of June? All I'm doing is creating a thread and saying this: If you want TRR to succeed, the members need to do more than they are now.

There is absolutely nothing bad or disagreeable about that, and your insistence on reducing yourself to petty personal attacks...

...in the face of a POSITIVE change for TRR makes me believe you'd rather see your vendetta to the end instead of solving the problem at hand.

I was the sole recruiter of this clan for a year (2008) and saw it grow to 1600 registered members by 2010. I know recruiting. I did not say Carroll didn't do his job once anywhere in this thread.

First of all we both see the problem. Your expecting people to sit at home all summer and be active and spend their time recruiting or posting on forums. Im POSITIVE thats not how people feel like spending their entire summer.

I said what i said, Its not a "petty personal attacks" The moment i saw this post i directed people towards it for their own personal opinions, and guess what, Everyone thought what you had done is Stupid. Its not just me, Sorry for being the voice of a collective group of people. Next time you decide to "fake the termination of Trr" post a reason or two. Not just a Vid of an old Clan wars fight. If everyone hopes to resolve this, How will it? no ones active anyways right?? No im not stepping up and recruiting again. I would have liked Trr to stay the way it was. When i come on theres always someone to say hello to. As well as do things with. Not worry about how many people i recruited today and how many signed up on this forum. I'm speaking my mind, As i am Canadian, Ive grown up knowing this right through and through. YOU did say David over the last few months (id go as far as saying June/July which is when i was a Diplomat) that there wasnt enough recruiting done. Oddly enough I was part of that recruiting. So whether you ment it or not thats what you had said. David, You entire miss the point of trr which is just having friends to help enjoy Rs, to talk to, PVM, quest, and joke around with, But i understand, all that has mattered to you lately is seeing Recruiting done and posts on this forum.

how can he claim that no ones ever on

I was this morning and for a period of 2 hours no one was in the clan chat besides myself. This can be verified by Brad and others. As I write this, there are 5 people in the clan chat. There have always been 20+ throughout the summer. This is a problem and it's inarguable.

And its the summer when people take trips and visit family/friends. No ones going to jump to be active for trr's sake.

You're right. Summer is also the time when no one worries about school, and comparatively it's 500% more active. I'm not telling people to ignore their family... I'm saying when they're on RuneScape they need to be more involved in TRR. I don't know where you're getting this meme that I want 100% time devoted to TRR.

Of course someone has to do it.

Precisely what's not happening. One person is not going to get it done, several teams of 4+ people is what will. No one is even applying.

Your expecting people to sit at home all summer and be active and spend their time recruiting or posting on forums.

Completely false. I have no idea where you've gotten this from.

The moment i saw this post i directed people towards it for their own personal opinions, and guess what, Everyone thought what you had done is Stupid.

Am I supposed to be surprised 2-3 people thought closing their clan was stupid? I highly doubt everyone responded to "is closing the clan stupid?" with "Traaginen by far one of the stupidest people ive ever met."Believe it or not this wasn't done just to piss people off. This is a REAL possibility that I'm telling you WILL happen if nothing changes.

"fake the termination of Trr

It's not fake. This is what I'm going to do unless I see a desire for the clan to continue.

YOU did say David over the last few months (id go as far as saying June/July which is when i was a Diplomat) that there wasnt enough recruiting done.

You don't understand what I said. Recruiting has been horrible all summer besides for 1 week. This does NOT mean you weren't doing your job successfully. The Diplomats have been comprised of like two, MAYBE three people doing something AT MOST recently. In the past we've had 4-6, all working. It's a collective problem, I was not singling everyone out and saying they weren't doing anything.One person doing a great job is still not going to equal the output of 4 doing it.

David, You entire miss the point of trr

I'm sorry I don't get the mission statement of the clan I founded.I don't understand why anyone is upset. I made this thread to ruffle some feathers, and now we have more activity and ideas then we've had in weeks. Mission successful?

people have no desire to do shit for the clan cause well... its falling apart. shit, its in pieces. it was falling apart back in June.mission accomplished? seems you have management problems. think i brought that up back in, hm, May. this is petty bullshit, and i have better ways to waste time.

You keep saying things like that, yet you're still here despite having quit ages ago. Just leave if that's how you feel, no one is forcing you to stay.As far as management problems, the only thing you've done since arriving here is complain and cause "petty bullshit". Your first post in this thread was "always easier to point fingers." That's all you've ever done, and unlike others, have never done anything or took any position that gives you any right to claim you know better than those who are actually trying.