Photo

August 1st, 2012 - The End of TRR (ed. HYPOTHETICAL)

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts
About 3 months short of 4 years. Remember the good times.Forums will be archived (read only).

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts
Why? That's a bit depressing, even if I don't visit them anymore.

Nathan

Nathan

• 348 Posts
Why? What happened?

Eric the Bard

Eric the Bard

• 624 Posts
Do you mean that you're shutting down ElderSouls.com?

Carroll 1

Carroll 1

• 138 Posts
So this is a very stupid way to relay that such an old clan is ending. Props to Traagien and Constanci0 for leaving the "Normal members" in the dark. I'd expect some sort of explaination. Although it's apparent that there's no explaination to be made. Either way, to any other members that would like to continue to converse with myself, be sure to add me as i will not be returning to see any further messages.

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts

So this is a very stupid way to relay that such an old clan is ending. Props to Traagien and Constanci0 for leaving the "Normal members" in the dark. I'd expect some sort of explaination. Although it's apparent that there's no explaination to be made. Either way, to any other members that would like to continue to converse with myself, be sure to add me as i will not be returning to see any further messages.

We nearly closed TRR about 6 months ago now? but in a week we recruited and boosted activity, do the same carroll :)

Huygens

Huygens

• 1,271 Posts
Hm, this is a stupid way to shut down the clan, in my oppinion. It's sad, I'm totally done with Runescape, but I still liked TRR. Well, I will stay on the forums for other games and mainly off-topic shit, anyways.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts
I wasn't really serious about it. It's more or less to motivate people into... You know, actually doing something. There were 0 people in the CC today for hours. No one is even trying, and it's pathetic.Just seeing the responses here, though, I don't think anyone cares. Like 3 responses in 24 hours?@Carroll and Huygens: Seriously? A "stupid way"? Please let me know of any good methods of shutting down a clan. :/

Nathan

Nathan

• 348 Posts

@Carroll and Huygens: Seriously? A "stupid way"? Please let me know of any good methods of shutting down a clan. :/

I think they were just meaning that you should have given us more details on why exactly your shutting down the clan, and whether that meant that elder souls was shutting down as some people thought it may have been.Also I assume there's no point in recruiting people now, more members would obviously be a solution to the lack of activity but at the same time its really unfair to invite people to the clan and then shut down (I already feel bad for people I've recruited recently, some of which had come straight from another clan that had disbanded).Also the lack of responses could be just that people see that the clans closing think that's final and so don't bother doing anything more.

APOLLYON

APOLLYON

• 406 Posts
Well damn, kinda figured thats what you were doing traag ha, what you need do is promote some youngins since all the real hc members and shit are pretty much grown up and have lil time for trr, hell i have to make time just to pop in the site.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts
It's only closing if people decide to continue to do nothing. I've made similar posts that are more "final" before and things have bounced back well. Will that happen this time? I don't know.Also, you should always be recruiting. Horrible/non-existent recruiting for the last several months is why we're sitting here on this thread now.

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts

It's only closing if people decide to continue to do nothing.

Well, now I feel terrible. There obviously isn't much I can do since I quit, but I wish I could. I just don't know anyone who plays Runescape. All the kids at my school are too lazy to try something other than CoD except for a select few.

Carroll 1

Carroll 1

• 138 Posts

Just seeing the responses here, though, I don't think anyone cares. Like 3 responses in 24 hours?@Carroll and Huygens: Seriously? A "stupid way"? Please let me know of any good methods of shutting down a clan. :/

It's the summer, people are out enjoying themselves, dont expect people to slave over rs and go all out to promote trr constantly. It wont happen.Yea an explanation which you later gave is what i was calling for. To just say the clans done, IS STUPID. Reasoning should be given, IMO thats about the worst way to end it. (just saying its done on this date)

Also, you should always be recruiting. Horrible/non-existent recruiting for the last several months is why we're sitting here on this thread now.

I'm calling this a low blow i was a diplomat for a bit over a month i think and i recruited plenty each week, more then most people have for sure. As for doing it now, No, i have real life things to deal with and a new job. I stepped down for a reason, not due to laziness.For you to say such things when there have been people working at it to recruit and whatnot, its just rude to do. I know for a fact when "i814u2fatty, Tcee, and myself" were Dips we worked together while talking about it to ensure the RSOF, Zybez, and Runehq forums were checked frequently each day. I actually believe Tcee had gotten a bit irritated because i would ask her everyday. But i felt it was needed, and we discussed what i was doing and things were good for us. Not everyone does much for this clan BUT I KNOW that for the time i was a dip. along with who i worked along side with. DID their part to help maintain the clan.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts
I'm not saying over the last 2 months no one did anything. Some people did their jobs well; some didn't. Overall, though, this was the weakest summer effort we've ever had, and no one is doing anything right NOW besides Deathirst. Just because you were doing a good job 2 months ago (or whenever, I'm just saying) doesn't mean people aren't being lazy now.

It's the summer, people are out enjoying themselves, dont expect people to slave over rs and go all out to promote trr constantly. It wont happen.

The summer is the most active time of the year by far. That's how it's always been. Yes, some people such as yourself are older and have jobs... That doesn't mean the people that don't shouldn't promote TRR constantly when they're on.

Yea an explanation which you later gave is what i was calling for. To just say the clans done, IS STUPID. Reasoning should be given, IMO thats about the worst way to end it. (just saying its done on this date)

I'm pretty sure the last month of complete inactivity makes the reasoning pretty obvious. Case in point: this is the only thread that's been active on the RS forums in the last couple days.

gotab0ner4xmas

gotab0ner4xmas

• 103 Posts
hahaha. always easier to point fingers.back in june, it was pretty good. fresh meat always there from tc and res. life happens, they're living - and others need to take the job. also, its summer. question for you. how come youre sitting at home playing with these forums? or why are you playing rs? summer. go outside. do something...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com