Citadel Gathering

Nathan

Clan Citadel Gathering

Date: There are two events, dates are listed in the time charts below.

Location: Our Clan Citadel, accessed via the Clan camp. Going to a citadel takes you to a different world that can't be accessed from the lobby but hopefully it should send us all to the same world.

Notes: If you can bring your clan cape and vex (you don't necessarily needed to have either of them equipped) that would be good (I'm going to take screenshot's to use for recruitment and stuff), If enough interested people turn up we might have a bit of a tournament on the battlefield. I will run this weekly. Times may change from week to week but I'll try to keep it as consistent as possible. You don't have to skill if you don't want to, you can just hang out and muck around a bit, it still helps us meet the requirement for the citadel.

Click below to see the original post which has a more in depth description of what this is about and where I would like it to go eventually.

So I've been thinking about this for a while and I finally thought it was about time I share it with you guys. So we REALLY need people to help out with the clan citadel, we didn't get enough visits last week and as a result the citadel dilapidated. I've often found skilling in the Citadel boring, and have found that even just having one or two other clan members skilling at the same time can make it a lot more bearable. I've seen pictures of the Citadel when it was being worked on by a number of people and it looks like a lot more fun.

I think Blexun's comment below sums that all up pretty well:

Citadel is so scary looking, I'm too afraid to go by myself.

So naturally this means we need everybody to come keep me company.

So basically what I'm thinking of is to set a date and a time for as many people as possible to head to the citadel together. It would be awesome if you could cap but if you want to just hang out and muck around a bit that's also fine, and is still useful as it helps us meet the requirement for number of visitors to the citadel.

I might run a sort of casual tournament on the clan battlefield (which is a safe combat area) if anyone's interested. I thought about possibly doing skilling competitions but I'm not really sure how that would work (or whether it would work) let me know if you can think of a way to do the skilling thing as well as any advice on the battlefield thing and whether your interested in that.

If people are interested in this I'd like to do this at least weekly, and the more people do it the better the citadel will become and therefore there will be more for us to do in these events (since at higher tiers we will have more buidlings, skill plots etc..

I'm thinking of running this on Sunday's (my time) which would be Saturday for most of you, but I'll work out a time that's convenient for everyone once I get peoples opinion.

I've also thought about taking screenshot's to create graphics and possibly even some video to use for recruiting purposes.

So yeah, let me know what you think (how I could improve it) and whether your interested and if enough people are interested I'll get it organised.

Time Charts

As you can see there are two times for this event, one is to suit people based around EST, while the other is for those based around GMT

GMT BASED

[table]
[th] Time Zone [/th] [th] UTC/GMT Relative [/th] [th] Event Time [/th]

[td] AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time) [/td] [td] +11:00 [/td] [td] 7:00 P.M. Sun[/td]

[td] British Summer [/td] [td] +1:00 [/td] [td] 10:00 A.M. Sun[/td]

[td] UTC/GMT [/td] [td] 0:00 [/td] [td] 9:00 A.M. Sun[/td]

[td] Eastern [/td] [td] -4:00 [/td] [td] 4:00 A.M. Sun[/td]

[td] Central [/td] [td] -5:00 [/td] [td] 3:00 A.M. Sun[/td]

[td] Mountain [/td] [td] -6:00 [/td] [td] 2:00 A.M. Sun [/td]

[td] Pacific [/td] [td] -7:00 [/td] [td] 1:00 A.M. Sun [/td]

[/table][table][th][/th][/table]

EST BASED

[table]
[th] Time Zone [/th] [th] UTC/GMT Relative [/th] [th] Event Time [/th]

[td] AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time) [/td] [td] +11:00 [/td] [td] 10:00 A.M. Sat <<<(so you better go this is early for me on a weekend)[/td]

[td] British Summer [/td] [td] +1:00 [/td] [td] MIDNIGHT Fri[/td]

[td] UTC/GMT [/td] [td] 0:00 [/td] [td] 11:00 P.M. Fri[/td]

[td] Eastern [/td] [td] -4:00 [/td] [td] 7:00 P.M. Fri[/td]

[td] Central [/td] [td] -5:00 [/td] [td] 6:00 P.M. Fri[/td]

[td] Mountain [/td] [td] -6:00 [/td] [td] 5:00 P.M. Fri [/td]

[td] Pacific [/td] [td] -7:00 [/td] [td] 4:00 P.M. Fri [/td]

[/table][table][th][/th][/table]

If your time zone is not included in the chart, a time zone converter may be of help.

• Upvote 1

this was suggested before, and was a part of the weekly scheduled events but no one ever took lead or even went on the day it was suppose to be on... and the only way to make this work is to move the build tick to friday or saturday because people are actually on the weekends

I would have been happy to organise this further even if there were only a few people (hopefully it would just grow if people saw people were going) and I thought of the build tick thing but I thought it wouldn't be worth doing it unless this was successful.Anyway I guess this won't happen after this http://eldersouls.com/topic/2802-august-1st-2012-the-end-of-trr/#entry20960

I would have been happy to organise this further even if there were only a few people (hopefully it would just grow if people saw people were going) and I thought of the build tick thing but I thought it wouldn't be worth doing it unless this was successful.Anyway I guess this won't happen after this http://eldersouls.co...trr/#entry20960

The build tick we could move it because we dont have enough to upgrade so moving the tick wouldnt hinder our progress

The build tick we could move it because we dont have enough to upgrade so moving the tick wouldnt hinder our progress

If you could do that then that would be really helpful.Also I've planned it out more, so I guess it doesn't really belong in "Event Planning" anymore, could someone move it if possible.

I've got a suggestion, not sure if it has been done in the past though;

If the build tick is moved to thursday, everyone can cap again on a busy/crowded evening like Friday night. So 'capping fridays' or 'citadel fridays' which could be successfull

Sounds good, That should be fine with me too, so if everyone prefers we could make it Friday rather than Saturday. Would the times I have listed now still be okay for Friday?

The only problem with it is getting the citadel capped quickly so that we can change the build tick. I'm fine with starting this event before the tick is changed if we can't get it done this week.

Changed to Friday instead of Saturday

Edited by Deathirst

we could keep it at the same build tick, cause no one really works it right away anymore, and if you want to move the tick to thursday, we'd have to work the citadel and cap it within one day and have the required visitors.

Thats fine, I was originally going to just do it without moving the tick and maybe move it if this works and gets people actually working on the citadel more.I've decided to run two times, which may be on different days so that I'm not doing loads in one day.

Thats fine, I was originally going to just do it without moving the tick and maybe move it if this works and gets people actually working on the citadel more.I've decided to run two times, which may be on different days so that I'm not doing loads in one day.

Sounds like a good Idea