Photo

Fish Mask: Worth it or No?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Poll: There is something fishy about this poll....
12 member(s) have cast votes

What is your opinion about the fish mask?

1. Don't buy. It'll be worthless before long.
    3 votes - 25.00%

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. G.E Price. No more, no less.
    1 votes - 8.33%

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

3. Might as well buy one or two for a decent price. You are bound to make a little bit of money.
    6 votes - 50.00%

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

4. I'll go 1-2m over market price for these. They are going to be discontinued after alll.
    1 votes - 8.33%

5. I'm willing to sell/sold the majority of my bank to stockpile these masks. I'll be rich by the end of the year!
    1 votes - 8.33%

Vote

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts
So after claiming to not release anymore discontinued items, Jagex released a soon to be discontinued item: the Fish Mask! Only winnable on the Squeal of Fortune. As long as people are willing to buy spins, why not release a rare sellable item? It began its apperance as an uncommon spin on the wheel, but by the time you read this it'll be a rare spin. Most importantly though, it'll be discontinued by the end of the summer.

Naturally, this leads to hype among the millions of Runescape players, who many claim this will join the tier of rares occupied by Party Hats, Santas, and Christmas Crackers (I call these people idiots, but we'll get to that). If you go to the usual major trading areas, you are bound to see people buying fish masks for 1m+ over their current GE price.

So the question is, should they be making such a big deal about these masks? I'll withold my arguement as I enjoy picking apart other people's case than presenting my own, but here is the general idea.

Warning: The following is mad, incoherent, ramblings of a 3 year TRR member who has long been corrupted by David. The following speculations shouldn't be acted upon unless you trust this hollow shell of a Blex. If you lose money, not his fault. If he is wrong, he'll claim insanity and deny this whole topic.
Spoiler

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

APOLLYON

APOLLYON

• 406 Posts
eh, I'll prob get one or two for lulz. I can prob afford it w/o it taking even a lil chunk of me bank ha.

MstrMonopoly

MstrMonopoly

• 908 Posts
I already bought one, because why not.

Swagniff

Swagniff

• 45 Posts
I have one but that's because I want to have one just for the fun of having one. If they do rise into some crazy super expensive price I might sell mine but I doubt they will be worth much for a while. (The one that I have was won from the wheel)

OldAccPlzGo

OldAccPlzGo

• 10 Posts
I haven't been bothered buying one of these masks. But that is mainly because if I do get one I will ear it for 5 minutes then it will stay in my bank, untouched for the rest of my rs life....Also they look stupid

Jacob

Jacob

• 47 Posts
Street price has already gone from 2m to 4-5m since it got removed from uncommon slot.

Edit: 8m street price today

xboxyoyo

xboxyoyo

• 50 Posts
i don't like wasting bank space on a useless item that would never give stats.....if it gave a state id buy it if not then never

Tynisa

Tynisa

• 761 Posts
Its a fucking fish!BUY IT.

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts
Can't argue with that logic.

Dy3nasty666

Dy3nasty666

• 517 Posts
unless I win it from the wheel im not buying it :/ sure it COULD go up to 15m but at the same time just aswell drop insanly.

Tcee

Tcee

• 232 Posts
I won a fish mask from SoF! I think I will hold onto it until after summer and see what happens. Worst case scenario, if prices drop, I have something to add for a drop party? :3

nkj89

nkj89

• 13 Posts
It has been changing like crazy lately there was around a 3m decrease player price wise this week. But I am still sure when it finally becomes discontinued it will have a phase of rising again aslong as jagex does not make it non-tradable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com