[*]Clan News

[*]RS News

[*]Events

[*]Fun Facts

[*]Spotlight

[*]Creativity

[*]Credits

Posted Image

Welcome to the 2nd edition of the Rebelz Timez. Summer is finally here now! YAY! Our Event Coordinators are working hard to get plenty of events set up during the summer for you guys.

Alright everyone we will be having a Themed Art Contest.

It can be hand drawn, computer generated, photographed, painted, or anything else you can think of.

All entry's must be turned in within the next three weeks and will be judge by our newsletter team. Winner will be announced within the next newsletter, with their art featured within the next newsletter followed by a brief statement by the artist.

The theme is -FEAR-

Send all submissions to Apollyon on the forums!

**Remember it’s important to check in and work in the Citadel each week**

Citadel Updates

**Also, check the updated Clan & Forums Rules**

Clan & Forum Rules

**Lasty, go here to request all your RS awards**

Awards

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Queen Black Dragon, Diamond Jubilee and Clue Fest

Bigger is definitely better this week. It’s also hungrier and more likely to incinerate you! The Queen Black Dragon has arrived, after being announced at RuneFest last year, and she’s truly colossal. She is so gloriously, over-the-top huge, that we’ve had to zoom out the playing camera, just so you can keep track of all her attacks!

And boy does she attack. At a combat level of 2100, the Queen Black Dragon is the toughest single-way, single-player boss in RuneScape by quite some margin. She demands the greatest preparation, the keenest concentration and the most agile of reflexes. With that in mind, we recommend that you have a combat level of at least 120 before you attempt to take her on. You will also need a Summoning level of 60 to pass through the entrance to the Queen Black Dragon’s lair.

You might wonder why the Queen is so angry. Forced to sleep by dragonkin artefacts, she is using human souls to negate the artefacts’ magic. You’ll need to send her back to her slumber, which means weakening her and then re-activating those artefacts. But beware: she won’t take it lying down. The Queen has four combat stages, and each stage adds more frequent and more powerful attacks to her repertoire. Think you can survive grotworm swarms and fire waves? Then prepare for her crystal armour and time-stop magic! By the final stages you will have gone from being on your toes to being on your toenails.

Defeat the Queen and her riches are yours. A Barrows-style treasure chest appears, filled with bolts, combat items and dragonkin lore, as well as some items unique to this update. Perhaps the most anticipated is the dragon kiteshield. It requires a Defence level of 60 to wield, and looks spectacular with a dragon head motif on the front. If you’re particularly lucky, you might get your hands on some coral crossbow upgrades, which can be collectively forged into the Royal Crossbow: one of the most impactful ranged weapons in the game, particularly in long, protracted battles. To forge the Royal Crossbow, you’ll need a Smithing level of 70 and a Ranged level of 85 to wield it. Royal bolts can be gained from mid and high-level grotworms and the Queen Black Dragon’s treasure chest. Finally, royal dragonhides have been added to the drop tables of the mid and high-level grotworms, as well as the Queen Black Dragon. These new hides can be made into tradable ranged armour if you have a Crafting level of 87 or more, and can be worn if you have level 80 Ranged.

How to start fighting the Queen Black Dragon:

[*]Enter the grotworm caverns north-east of Rimmington.

[*]A shortcut to the QBD lair is inside the Grotworm Caves, near its entrance

Requirements:

[*]Level 60 Summoning

[*]It is recommended that you have a combat level of at least 120 to fight the Queen

[*]You do not need to complete Song from the Depths, but doing so gives you a damage reduction against the Queen Black Dragon

Possible Drops

100%

Posted Image

Seeds

Posted Image

Armour and Weapons

Posted Image

Royal Crossbow Components

Posted Image

Other Drops

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Team Skilling Olympics June 23-30th

June 1st - Fist of Guthix

June 7th - Stronghold Security

June 9th - Dual Arena

Every Mon - BonFire

Every Wed - Penguin Hunt/Dungeoneering

**Anyone that has any special events requests let any of the Event Coordinators or myself know.**

Posted Image

Posted Image

[*]Los Angeles' full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora La Reina de Los Angeles de Porciuncula."

[*]Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.

[*]Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.

[*]The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.

[*]"Stewardesses" is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.

[*]There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.

[*]A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.

[*]When we sneeze we do it at speeds up to and even exceeding 100/mph

[*]The Japanese word "Arigato" meaning thank you is derived from the Portugese word "Obrigado". Portugal once had a thriving trade with Japan.

[*]The bubbles in Guinness Beer sink to the bottom rather than float to the top like all other beers. No one knows why.

[*]A hamlet is a village without a church and a town is not a city until it has a cathedral.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This months interview features our own Mstrmonopoly, former Leader/Council member of TRR.

Posted Image

TC - What's your name?

Mstr - Paul, but I go by Fake Paul.

TC - Paul, you were a big part of TRR history, what brought you back?

Mstr - I decided to play RuneScape again. Plus, this is easily the greatest community in RS I've ever been a part of and maybe even without that qualifier. There are so many interesting individuals and characters in TRR, and plus I just feel home here. I want more stories to look back on when I'm old and still... playing RuneScape.

TC - What do you like to do in RS mostly?

Mstr - At this point, I mostly PvM and slay. I also do some skilling on the side, mostly AFK, and my short-term goal is all skills 80+.

TC - What is your favorite item in-game?

Mstr - Chaotic rapier, not even close. Claws are cool too. If I could have any item that I don't right now, it would probably be a Divine Spirit Shield, those things look cool as anything.

TC - If you had to choose a city in RS to reside for the rest of your virtual life, which would it be?

Mstr - Varrock, because of close access to the GE and the number of bars, plus the slums are neat. If there was a second, I'd go with a Dwarf city so I could laugh at how short and ugly they are.

TC - What do you think about the Squeal of Fortune?

Mstr - Honestly not that opposed to it. I don't like the way this game is going with microtransactions, but the Squeal itself helped me get 96 Summoning (contributed AT LEAST 170k summon xp), so I can't be too mad at it.

TC When you're not playing RS, what do you like to do?

Mstr I love baseball. This year, I was the ace and captain of my high school varsity team and I hope to play D-III ball next year. I also love reading and music - some of my favorite books are Catch-22 and Freakonomics and some of my favorite musicians are The Beach Boys, Radiohead, and Slowdive. I also play guitar. I once covered Hey There Delilah, it was horrible.

TC - Would you rather swim with sharks or walk through a 10x10ft snake pit?

Mstr - Sharks. They're far less aggressive. Depends on the kind of snake, though, some of them are totally harmless.

TC - Worst fear?

Mstr - Blexun leaves TRR for my mom

TC - Do you know the muffin man?

Mstr - No

TC - Anything else you would like to say to the members of TRR?

Mstr - Stay classy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Athenia: The Empire Games"

By: Apollyon

Posted Image

Yak "Ah, a fine day princess. We should be able to make it to the next town by mid-day" Jamie "Ugh, do you really wanna lose your head that bad Yak? You already kept me up all night last night with your snoring. Call me princess again and I might let it slide." Yak "Oh come on, I already said I was sorry, could you atleast try to cheer up a little, oh a purple flow-ahhh" Yak was now dangling in the air, caught in what seemed to be a net big enough to hold a horse. A yellow dust fills the air. As it seems the net was covered in it. Jamie "Oh actually I do feel so much better now." Yak "Get Me Down!" Jamie, with a grin "Hmm I don't know, I'm feeling pretty tired, I think I might take a nap, I did barely get any sleep last night." Before Yak could utter a remark, he loses all his energy and nods off. Jamie soon follows, but as she is about to collapse something catches her. She can barely make out a figure as her eyelids become to heavy to keep up.

Hours later Jamie begins to regain consciousness, she instinctively reaches for a blade she had strapped to her back, but finds its missing. A smell and sound of a person preparing a meal fills her sences. As her vision returns she takes in her surroundings. A modest and semi cluttered wooden cabin, walls draped with pelts of large game, plants hanging by windows. Cautiously she rises from the hammock she was lying in. Stealthily she reaches a table in the corner and finds her blade. She then peers out of the room and sees a woman humming a tune. Jamie quickly sheathes her blade and calls out to the woman.

Jamie "Hello miss, might I ask you as to where it is I am?" The woman wearing a brown dress and a tan blouse was startled by the sudden break of her peaceful humming. Woman "Oh good, you've finally woken up.I was worried since you already had bags under your eyes before you breathed in some of the powder." Jamie "Yes about that, could you explain to me what happened?" Woman "Well sit down and have some stew first, your stomach was growling for hours." Jamie "Ah I apologize for that, and thank you for your hospitality." Woman " Well It seems your friend stepped in one of my traps. You must not be from around here, seeing as everyone here knows I mark my traps with a purple lotus. The pollen from it works as a strong sleeping powder that can knock out a large boar for hours. You only breathed in a little bit but your friend took a large dose and will be passed out for atleast another day considering his size."

Jamie and the Woman continue their conversation as Jamie happily accepts the meal. After introducing herself Jamie finds out the woman is called Tc and she lives alone. Yak is heard loudly snoring in the background.

Meanwhile many miles away the shadowy figure lurks unseen as he trails another competitor for the crown. A small stream of blood flowing trickling down a hillside. A large creature covered in a slick black gunk covering mangy fur devours a corpse armoured in chain-mail and. Its snout housing crooked yellow teeth easily bites through the metal, its eyes a deep blood red, the claws on it are large and like the talons of a monstrous sized eagle. A little imp is then seen running towards a hooded man sitting on a fallen tree holding a small black jagged crystal. Imp "My lord Swaffle, it seems not even the so called SwordMaster of the people of the Iron Forrest is a match for your beast. With him your victoy is assured." Swaffle "Yes, yes, however it isn't good to put all our faith in it. Find me another one. This time one that doesn't smell so bad." Imp "Yes, my Lord." The little imp then skurries off. Swaffle "I know, your watching. Why not serve me?" The shadow figure ignores him, and then fades away.

To Be Continued..

Posted Image

Credits

Jamie - Editor

TC - Co Editor, Interviewer

Constancio - Provided the lovely banners

Apollyon - Author to an amazing story

Mstr - Participating in the Spotlight

Thank you all hope helped out, hopefully more people will want to join in and help out next time, please comment with your suggestions for improvement. Thank you All

-J-

• Upvote 2