Camping

Crazycow73

Anyone here love camping? I usually spend 90% of my summer outside and one of my favorite places I have gone to was this year, it was in New Mexico and it was called Philmont. Has anyone else been there? It is this huge chunk of New Mexican land that was given to the Boy Scouts foundation to maintain and ever since, thousands of kids go camping and hiking there. We did 101 miles over 12 days and it was the best experience ever. Share some of your own camping stories and favorite moments! :)

Ohhh camping. I LOVE camping, then again I am a Boy Scout after all. I can't really say I have a favorite camping trip I went on because I've been on a lot of great ones, 7 years now of camping at Yawgoog Scout Reservations here in RI, where we go for a full week, have always been fun, great, and eventful. If I had to pick one weekend camp-out I went on that was my favorite, it would be the Maine canoeing trip we went on years again, everything was wonderful, except for the mosquitoes, they were AWFUL there were soooooooo many of them! The river that we went on was clear as anything and you could drink straight from it, and it was delicious! The weather was as perfect as it could get and the water temperature was beautiful! That would have to be, if I had to pick, favorite weekend camp-out.