Photo

How did you progress through the main quest?

* * * * * Skyrim Quests

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,461 Posts
I tend to do the first couple missions of the main questline to get a feel for the game, and then abandon it until I've done damn near every other quest that gives me some important, necessary, or powerful item. I think I'm about ~50 hours in (and level 40) and I've just now gone back and done a few more main quest missions. At the moment I'm at the end of the peace meeting/conference thing. Will probably abandon it again.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Mageman

Mageman

• 582 Posts
That is exactly how I did it. I'm level 44 and I just finished the main quest. I'm the archmage of the Mages College and the Harbringer of the Companions. I've also done 6 Daedric quests.

Huygens

Huygens

• 1,271 Posts
Dont you have to do the main quests to get all your shouts?

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,461 Posts
The main quest gives you a few automatically, but there are also like a dozen you can get without it. Shouts aren't really a huge deal anyway, the only one that has a significant impact is dragonrend, and that just shortens fights. Doesn't make them easier imo.

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts
Every time I play, I do the main quest in chunks.1. From the beginning to being summoned by the Greybeards*do whatever*2. From Greybeard lesson to sneaking in and out of the Thalmar Embassy*do whatever*3. Find Esbern to first fight with Alduin*do whatever*4. Trapping a Dragon to killing AlduinSimilar fashion to how I beat Oblivion. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Skyrim Quests

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.