Paarthurnax [Major Spoilers]

David

Agreed. I'll probably kill him after I'm bored with Skyrim just to get the quest marker out of the way, but it seems pretty ridiculous that you don't get much of an option for such an action.I mean, lets look at the two Blades. They do nothing but take credit for your success (peace meeting), order you around, and brag about their past glory (they must be talking about how they failed the emperor in Oblivion and required your character, a peasant, to do everything). When they said I'd get no further help until I kill Paarth, I laughed and muttered "lolk." Like you said, we're talking about the small-town inn whore and a slum monkey.I'll take the 5,000 year old dragon that speaks and tried to unite the races, kthnx.

First play through, I thought I HAD to kill Puff the Magic Dragon, who didn't even give a good fight. The Grey Beards got mad and yelled at me, while I was able to recruit for the Blades, which is over powered if you ask me.After I found out I didn't have to kill Puff, I started a new character and just left the quest active. The Blades didn't talk to me, but The Grey Beards were grateful. I was able to learn where words of power were from them and Ol' Paarth helped me meditate on words of power, boosting it's effect.If I was taking the game seriously, I wouldn't kill Paarth. Tiber Septim knew who Paarth was and didn't kill him, so why should I? If I was weighing in the benefits, I wouldn't kill Puffy. Besides, the guy who does the voice as Paarth does the voice for Mario, and I can't bring myself to do that.

Tiber Septim knew who Paarth was and didn't kill him, so why should I?

To be fair at that point there wasn't a dragon invasion, either, so there was little need to kill him.Here's something else to think about. In the dragon language, his name means "Ambition Overlord Cruelty".Having just finished the main quest, there are some important points mentioned by the dragons afterwards before they fly off. The dragon that allows you to call him explains that "Few dragons will want to replace Alduin's lordship with Paarthurnax's tyranny". If you talk to Paarthurnax after the quest, he'll immediately mention that 1) he's not happy Aldiun was defeated, although he realizes it was necessary for the character to do, and 2) he's going to try to gather the remaining dragons and get them to follow him on his "way of the tongue" or whatever his mission was.It's not out of the question to expect that Paarthurnax was using you the entire time to overthrow Aldiun, and replace him as the leader.

• 1 month later...