Old school Runescape?

Huygens

Old school RS  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Will RS 2007 make you return to RS?

• I'll give it a try.
    • Probably, yes.
    • No.

I just noticed we don't have a specific section for Runescape anymore, at least, I couldn't find it :)

Anyways,

Scrolling down my youtube subscriptions I noticed some guy saying the old school RS might return. I looked on runescape.com and yes, indeed, they might have plans on bringing back RS from August 2007

I don't have a clue what the latest updates back then were, I think summoning? Anyways, my question to you, would this make you return to RS?

I think I won't even bother taking a look, since I've got no account. CBA to start over.

This old school RS kinda shows how desperate Jagex is right? RS is a dying game...

<3

erm its looking like all stats will be reset for this as its a seperate entity

doesnt mean there desperate, they have already said this is the year we get what we want, and there been a lot of shout for this for a long time.

Summoning wasnt out then i believe, clan wars arena came out october 07, I THINK. So it could just be the old wilderness :) which would be BOSS

People don't realize that the game has vastly improved since then. Yeah, it sucks now, but it was even worse in 07/08... It's just nostalgia talking.

Perhaps, but I'd like to go back to that stage. And I'd imagine I'd like it though, used to play a lot of private servers when I got bored, they were fun. 09/10 would be nice too - was pretty good then, now it's just really fucked up and armour looks kinda futuristic.

RS without EOC (which I haven't tried, just heard from others that it's horrible), without bots, with the old wilderness and without all the new armour sets would be so nice :-).

I loved the days where barrows armour was the best thing ingame and whips were the #1 weapon (ok maybe godswords are cool too)

RS without EOC (which I haven't tried, just heard from others that it's horrible), without bots, with the old wilderness and without all the new armour sets would be so nice :-).

I loved the days where barrows armour was the best thing ingame and whips were the #1 weapon (ok maybe godswords are cool too)

I enjoyed EOC. Found it vastly more entertaining than "you click on me and I click on you. One of us will die in 20 seconds". But to each their own.

Bots will probably be in the old version if they bring it back. I honestly don't know what the bot situation is anymore.

How is the wilderness now any different than what is was back then? (Besides new armor and weapons)

The armor sets were really necessary. Let's say you have a person who just wants to mage. There is you start off with basic mage robes, then there is no cheap, basic robe option until level 40 or something like that. Changed when they released the fungal armor and the like, but the point remains.

On a related note, they absolutely had to release better gear than Barrows and Whip. Both of them require 70 in their respected skills, which is way less than half of mastering. Why would the best gear be awarded to levels that low?

All in all, a majority of the hate and ridicule, in my opinion, occurs when players don't wish to learn more or work harder to benefit from the newly released content. Not to say all of Jagex's ideas are golden, but they all aren't god awful as the community would have you believe. The fact that I'm defending a game I haven't played in 6 months really shows you the kind of grasp Jagex as on my soul.

• Upvote 1

I enjoyed EOC. Found it vastly more entertaining than "you click on me and I click on you. One of us will die in 20 seconds". But to each their own.

Bots will probably be in the old version if they bring it back. I honestly don't know what the bot situation is anymore.

How is the wilderness now any different than what is was back then? (Besides new armor and weapons)

The armor sets were really necessary. Let's say you have a person who just wants to mage. There is you start off with basic mage robes, then there is no cheap, basic robe option until level 40 or something like that. Changed when they released the fungal armor and the like, but the point remains.

On a related note, they absolutely had to release better gear than Barrows and Whip. Both of them require 70 in their respected skills, which is way less than half of mastering. Why would the best gear be awarded to levels that low?

All in all, a majority of the hate and ridicule, in my opinion, occurs when players don't wish to learn more or work harder to benefit from the newly released content. Not to say all of Jagex's ideas are golden, but they all aren't god awful as the community would have you believe. The fact that I'm defending a game I haven't played in 6 months really shows you the kind of grasp Jagex as on my soul.

I don't know what the situation of the wildy is now, I kinda quit when they were trying to get it back.

And the you click me and I click you is not true, you have a special bar, which you have to use wisely. Vengeance, prayer, even hybridding made the pvp experience better in my oppinion. I sometimes watch pk videos from my youtube subscriptions with EOC, and it kinda looks like the guy who really is the luckiest wins. Some hits are just insanely high. I remember when I pked hitting a 40 with a whip was huge.

But I do not know much about the current RS.

You must also take notice that you will not have your current character. You will have to start anew.. I personally think, if the vote does make it, the servers will go bust. I would only want the 07 servers so i could play on my current beloved account. Not start a freaking noob account  :wallbash:

Also they might as well burn a bucket full of money if they think they are going to charge more just so you can use a server you have to restart on. 

yer I'm on it now, it has around 50k total people using it since it came out, and eoc rs normally has around 60k on average :') but hey its new.

anyone that says they prefer the old one talks utter bolux, all the updates they made were improvements :') except for eoc in my opinion

yer I'm on it now, it has around 50k total people using it since it came out, and eoc rs normally has around 60k on average :') but hey its new.

anyone that says they prefer the old one talks utter bolux, all the updates they made were improvements :') except for eoc in my opinion

true, but the old game takes me back to the days when i was a wee child. But yeah the minigames and all that was a definate improvment

Like 1 day of voting left, and less than 450k votes. So much for F2P. :(

Shows how few people care. Any online poll that has a following of more than 10 people will be rigged with bots so that 95% of the votes are fake.

According to my fool-proof calculations this means that out of the 450k votes the only real person who voted was Blake.