Not sure to start over on new acc or not...

Huygens

Hey guys,I think my account Huygenssauce is on some kind of 'hacking list' or whatever or I have a keylogger (although my security seems pretty solid). I've lost my account yet again and can't seem to recover it; the recovery system RS now has is somehow broken. I've googled it and everyone else seems to be troubled by it. When you enter your emailadress it says that you didn't provide the correct adress (you have6 tries per hour). It might be on this so called list because I used to experience with botting a bit in the past or because I used to share accounts (pre-TRR), which also got me hacked in the past.So I've kinda given up on that account...sadly...Now I can go two ways, either keep playing RS or quit the whole freaking game. It would mean I have to start all over and as you can see by the highscores in my signature, my account was quite good...Maybe even to be considered high leveled with about 100 days of gameplay. Starting all over would be painful, since 90% of all new content is high lvled, but I could try to do something like DIY (gather all used resources yourself; do it yourself instead of buying the maple logs you might use for fletching, you cut them yourself) to make things more interesting.Keep playing or quit?+I've got experience+DIY would make things more interesting+TRR kinda needs people, badly+I think the community would help me a bit-Been there done that-New content mainly for higher lvled-Played for like 100 days of ingame time-Not 100% sure my computer is not infected-GW2 is coming-WTF should I do ingame, really?Meh, help me out, lol<3

I'm all for starting again tbh

Got a wannabe range tank with 99wc 99thieve

Got full void like 50 def and 60 range I think.

With 4m on it maybe :/

Your more than welcome to have that. Posted Image

Hehe thanks for the offer, but I don't think I'd like to play on an account that is not truly mine to be honest. It already has achievements and stuff.

But you say I should start over?

Hehe thanks for the offer, but I don't think I'd like to play on an account that is not truly mine to be honest. It already has achievements and stuff.But you say I should start over?

Yer I reckon you should, even if you only play until GW2 :P at least you filled that time gap :D

First, check your email and see if there's any suspicious junk in there, & if its still linked to your RS account. Maybe a hacker changed the email? Idk.

Brand new email, new rs account, see if it gets hacked.

I try to check the ip address when I log in to make sure mine was the last one logged on it. Check after a couple weeks if it gets hacked, then you'll know if your computer has something malicious hiding in it.

There's a thread around here somewhere with a link to different computer cleaners. CNET.com is a nice source to find cleaners.

But yeah. I vote start over, enjoy the nostalgia of being a noob, only you know what you're doing and the best way to do it. Posted Image

I don't understand how people can't recover accounts. If it actually is your account, it's horribly easy. Create an appeal and tell them...

[*]The date you created the account (roughly).

[*]The Internet Provider you used when you created the account.

[*]Your original IP.

[*]Billing address if you paid for membership with a CC.

... The list goes on. There's no reason you can't recover it.

I don't know what you mean by your email being incorrect. If you've ignored the account for like 8 months then the hacker could have changed it.

Honestly, it's almost difficult to keep losing your account. If it's happened before then you've ignored something that you needed to change, such as your email, recovery questions, etc.

Dont start again mate, there isn't much point.When pures existed, it was okay, because your main may have had too much defend to PK with.However, with the new changes that will be coming into fruition, you might as well just debug your computer (Im sure someone can come up with the best way to do that) - Then procced to carry on as normal.Thing with RS is, you dont gain anything new by creating a new account, all you gain is the ability to do stuff you have already done, again.To top it off, if you are keylogged, when you DO raise the new account to a decent level, and get decent cash, chances are your going to get hacked again.--Do you not have a bank PIN?

I don't understand how people can't recover accounts. If it actually is your account, it's horribly easy. Create an appeal and tell them...

[*]The date you created the account (roughly).

[*]The Internet Provider you used when you created the account.

[*]Your original IP.

[*]Billing address if you paid for membership with a CC.

... The list goes on. There's no reason you can't recover it.

I don't know what you mean by your email being incorrect. If you've ignored the account for like 8 months then the hacker could have changed it.

Honestly, it's almost difficult to keep losing your account. If it's happened before then you've ignored something that you needed to change, such as your email, recovery questions, etc.

Well,

Jagex managed to make it impossible to make an appeal. All users complain about it. They ask you to fill in your mail adress, however this option doesnt work because even when you fill in the right one you still waste one of your 6 chances. I've read about people sending e-mails to Jagex and getting some link from them to manually recover it in some kind of way.

Dont start again mate, there isn't much point.

When pures existed, it was okay, because your main may have had too much defend to PK with.

However, with the new changes that will be coming into fruition, you might as well just debug your computer (Im sure someone can come up with the best way to do that) - Then procced to carry on as normal.

Thing with RS is, you dont gain anything new by creating a new account, all you gain is the ability to do stuff you have already done, again.

To top it off, if you are keylogged, when you DO raise the new account to a decent level, and get decent cash, chances are your going to get hacked again.

--

Do you not have a bank PIN?

I do have a Bank PIN, set on 7 days, which have been passed, sadly :P But I see your other points, to be honest.

Hmm, so by hack, you mean just changed your account email, and thus stolen an account with a bank they cannot access.WHAT FUN!---Have you run all your Anti-virus software, updated it, scanned computer? I believe that should find any suspicious keyloggers - but then again things have probably changed since my day.Honest though, you wont get any "new" content by starting again - just a boatload of leveling stuff again - but the second time, its more painful, because you already know how long it takes.