DC Universe Character to Come Out

Blake

So in an interview at some comic book convention, DC Comics Co-Publisher Dan DiDio said a "prominent" DC character will come out of the closet soon, being their first gay super hero.So any guesses on who it is? As for me, I'm guessing Robin. I think a lot more happens in the Batcave than Batman cares to admit.

People would go batshit if it was Batman. (Didn't even try to do that).I don't understand why they'd screw with a character like that. It's not bad because they're gay, but people read the things because they like to make there own inferences about the characters and their personality. It's the same reason people don't watch movies that are based on books and why people were pissed about Dumbledore. This is clearly just a pathetic attempt for publicity in the wake of the Avengers similar to how 3 year olds act when a younger sibling is born and they're not getting 100% of the attention..

I think Batman and Superman are safe since there would be a huge fan backlash (I think they both also dated, but I never read the actual comic books so correct me if I'm wrong). Green Lantern too, more or less.Wonder Women does live on some Amazonian island with other women. Again, she sort of holds the same "untouchable" stigma of Superman/Batman though. The Flash had a wife/fiancee or something, so I doubt it would be him either. Like you said, it will probably be someone no one knows about.

I think Batman and Superman are safe since there would be a huge fan backlash (I think they both also dated, but I never read the actual comic books so correct me if I'm wrong). Green Lantern too, more or less.Wonder Women does live on some Amazonian island with other women. Again, she sort of holds the same "untouchable" stigma of Superman/Batman though. The Flash had a wife/fiancee or something, so I doubt it would be him either. Like you said, it will probably be someone no one knows about.

I just wanted to post that picture of Batman.Made a mistake in the original post. They've had lesbian characters before (namely Batwoman), but no male homosexuals. So chances are it'll be a guy.

Ok so from what I've read so far, Robin is a good bet, but it won't be the first Robin (Dick Grayson) as for the other robins I doubt it especially Daemon Wayne.... As for Superman and Batman they would never to do, they would need mad balls...they could find ways to go around batman though...but they wouldn't dare... it would destroy a dynasty....it enough they killed him in a series few years back and people back lashed... If anything it might be a secondary type character but has a significant role...like a different Green Lantern considering they're so many of them.But I don't know why but I have a feeling it's going to be a girl :/ like batgirl in fact i wouldn't be surprised if it's batgirlas for Aquaman....just leave him...he sucks enough

But I don't know why but I have a feeling it's going to be a girl :/ like batgirl in fact i wouldn't be surprised if it's batgirl

Not sure if Batwoman and Batgirl are the same person, but she's a lesbian already. Which is why I suspect a male character.

What about Booster Gold? He's big enough to be a "prominent" character, unheard of enough to alter his sexual orientation, and questionably homosexual enough to alter his sexual orientation.

Posted Image

Not sure if Batwoman and Batgirl are the same person, but she's a lesbian already. Which is why I suspect a male character.

What about Booster Gold? He's big enough to be a "prominent" character, unheard of enough to alter his sexual orientation, and questionably homosexual enough to alter his sexual orientation.

Posted Image

Never seen him before but OH MY GOD, we have a winner. That picture screams raging homo

LMFAO mageman xD ...but yeah I honestly dont know him :/I just hope they don't ruin a good series by making an important character gay, but you never know they might make it like oh he came out of the closet kinda thing but continues to have no love affiliations or a self realization that their gay but pretends to be heterosexual

Posted Image

Cant be aquaman, he a loving but wrathful father/husband, also most people say he sucks cause they've never seen his full story, hes got armor strong skin super strength and dominates the ocean, when his child was threatened and was being restrained he cuts off his hand to free himself, now he sports a wicked looking spear head for a hand and sometimes a metal fist/gauntlet, hes extremely aggressive and somewhat of a tyrant as he is king of atlantis.

Posted Image

The robins, i doubt it, bruce formally adopts all of them and the last one is his biological son, the second robin becomes redhood and then red-robin i believe and is a merciless killer of criminals.

Posted Image

http://www.mycomicnetwork.com/v2/gallery/wp-content/themes/fotofolio_vert/scripts/timthumb.php?src=http://www.mycomicnetwork.com/v2/gallery/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/RR_17_Legion_CPS_023.jpg&w=480&h=675&zc=1

The first robin becomes nightwing and was almost married to starfire.

As for being the first gay dc universe character, thats false since there are already gay/lesbian and bisexual characters in dc universe such as bunker

Posted Image

and voodoo

Posted Image

and ofc batwoman

Posted Image

• Upvote 1

As for being the first gay dc universe character, thats false since there are already gay/lesbian and bisexual characters in dc universe such as bunker

Yeah I found that out after Yahoo changed it's story when they got it wrong. I just never bothered to change the OT.Here is a direct quote from that guy.

but said it would not involve an established "straight" character. However, the new gay character will be one that "comes out" after living the life of a heterosexual

First Robin Dick Grayson marries Barbra Gordon (Oracle)Second Robin turns into the Red HoodThird Robin turns into the Joker in the futureFourth Robin is a girlFifth Robin is Bruce's Son -.-

Third robin is also his biological son, Tim drake became red-robinsecond robin was murdered by joker but ressurected as red hood.Still trying to remember who the fourth robin was... coulda sworn she became a batgirl...Also my bet is on Guy Gardner or Alan Scott. They are Green Lanturns.BoosterGold would be a safe bet.Also Captain America... how the hell you mix up Marvel with Dc... Captain America Had a love interest before he became a supersoldier, was fawned over by women after he became the Captain and then has a child with Black Widow.

Third robin is also his biological son, Tim drake became red-robin

second robin was murdered by joker but ressurected as red hood.

Still trying to remember who the fourth robin was... coulda sworn she became a batgirl...

Second Robin was Jason Todd

Third Robin was Tim Drake is not Bruce's Son....

Tim's parents - father Jack and stepmother Dana

For the girl Robin there are two

[*]Carrie Kelly

[*]Stephanie Brown was the Fourth Robin also known as Spoiler

As for Batgirl her name is Cassandra Cain

and the other batgirl is Barbra Gordon

Second Robin was Jason ToddThird Robin was Tim Drake is not Bruce's Son....

I know he was Jason ToddAlso I could of sworn It was Tim Drake that was the the grand child of Ra Ghoul or w/e the leader of the LoA was. Cuz his daughter Talia Ghoul took bruce's was prego with Bruce's Son... ahh its been forever since I've followed the batman shit lol.