What's wrong with my computer?!!!

Jake

There is a website I have found that scans your computer and tells you what games it can and cannot run. Almost all games should be playable, according to the website. Mass Effect 2? It says it's playable. Is it? Heck no, the lag is unbearable. Team Fortress 2? Sure you can! Not for me. What about Portal? I can run it, but it lags so much it's unplayable. The only "big" game I can play that actually works is Portal 2, and that's when my computer feels like it. Then I looked up a game called Dungeon Defenders. Everyone said the game had low comp requirements. My computer not only met the minimum, but the RECOMMENDED specs to run the game. I run the demo on the LOWEST graphics settings, and the game still lags beyond playability. Anyone know what might be wrong?

Sounds like a typical case of runescape syndrome to me?Have you ever played runescape on that computer? Chances are your computers gone "No fuck your other games PLAY RUNESCAPE!" happened to me in the fall of 09... Had to get his memory swiped and put back together, poor thing

Sounds like a typical case of runescape syndrome to me?Have you ever played runescape on that computer? Chances are your computers gone "No fuck your other games PLAY RUNESCAPE!" happened to me in the fall of 09... Had to get his memory swiped and put back together, poor thing

Yes, I used to play Runescape. I quit in 2011, but I played at one point.

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

...yes.

I also recommend giving Gamebooster a try. It stops unnecessary programs from running in the background to optimize gameplay when you play stuff. It works for some people, but not for all. Do it up.

I have tried several programs like that. I think I may have even tried Gamebooster itself, but it didn't help at all.

That's really weird. Do you mind posting your computer specs first? I want to see those details before coming to a decision. CPU, Memory RAM and Graphics Hardware is all I need.

yeah, I'll look them up real quick and post them.

That's really weird. Do you mind posting your computer specs first? I want to see those details before coming to a decision. CPU, Memory RAM and Graphics Hardware is all I need.

CPU: AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) ~2.4GHzRam: 8192 MBGraphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce 9100

Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce 9100

This is your problem right here. I did a bit of research and the card that you're using right now is an integrated graphics card, which are not NOT meant to be used for gaming. Your quad core processor and 8 gigs of ram is overkill enough to run games, but the card needs to be replaced by a better one. Direction in installing these gfx cards itself are not in my department though. ._.

If you have a DELL, integrating a new graphics card is awful. They are not upgrade friendly, take it from me. I tried to install an expensive card into my dell once, but I ended up having to cut into parts of the computer and get a better power source. Its really not worth the headache, thats only if you have a dell though.