WoW - Mists of Pandaria

Anarchy

Posted Image

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria is a name trademarked by Blizzard Entertainment that will be the next expansion after Cataclysm. MMO Champion speculated that it could be the name for the next expansion and turned out to be correct. Kotaku pointed out that a similar early registration of "Cataclysm" turned out to be the new expansion name.

MMO Champion's speculation that it might be the next expansion was met by skepticism by several media outlets. 1UP actually tried to contact Blizzard about this and the reply was "not ready to reveal any details at this time". Strangely, a gaming and technology blogger said that there was a leak about the next expansion being focused on the island of Pandaria back in March 2011.

Finally, Medievaldragon of Blizzplanet wrote a very nice, comprehensive article about the speculation surrounding the rumors and Pandaria in general.

A release date for the expansion has not been announced, but some analysts doubt it will be released in 2012. Also, in Activision-Blizzard's 2011 Q4 financials call, only Diablo III was confidently predicted to be released in 2012 with a possible second release being either Mists of Pandaria or StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm

At BlizzCon 2011, Mists of Pandaria was announced as the fourth expansion to the World of Warcraft series. The expansion is set to include a new race for both factions, the Pandaren, as well as a new playable class, the Monk. Other features include a new talent tree system, challenge mode dungeons and a revival of classic Horde versus Alliance warfare.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

WOW sucks so hard...seriously, tried it for 2 weeks it was even more grinding than RS tbh

I would have to disagree. I found it easier to gain levels in WoW because you could do anything to raise your level. You could explore a new area, fight, skill, or quest. Unlike Runescape where you have to do one specific thing over and over again to achieve that.

I would have to disagree. I found it easier to gain levels in WoW because you could do anything to raise your level. You could explore a new area, fight, skill, or quest. Unlike Runescape where you have to do one specific thing over and over again to achieve that.

Hm, wow still sucks, but I get your point.

I also really like how WoW focuses on team play a lot more than Runescape does. Since you can only specialize in two primary skills, you'll be depending on other players to help you out while helping out other players in whatever skills you choose. That and awesome dungeon raids.What am I doing with my life?

Yeah, like Blexun said, really like the diversity of the classes. It's really a team based game, where as RuneScape is only a solo type game... :/ I wish RS incorporated a form of team play that benefited the game....on the other note, I've never played the game tbh because I know I would lose my life to it...cause I love playing MMORPGs

Yeah, like Blexun said, really like the diversity of the classes. It's really a team based game, where as RuneScape is only a solo type game... :/ I wish RS incorporated a form of team play that benefited the game....on the other note, I've never played the game tbh because I know I would lose my life to it...cause I love playing MMORPGs

Tbf rs uses its mini games for team play... It's just people decide to play solo these days "/ never used to be like that before GE tbf

Tbf rs uses its mini games for team play... It's just people decide to play solo these days "/ never used to be like that before GE tbf

Yeah some minigames are really team oriented, but WoW is like that throughout. Then again, there are two different factions, so maybe that contributes to the team play.And never played before GE, but I can imagine how that would eliminate some player dependency. You are still depending on other players, you just don't have to actively search for them.

• 3 weeks later...

surprised i didnt spot thisWoW is amazing easier and more engaging the Rs i would have to sayonce you learn the game getting lvl cap is like walking a dog, and the pvp system actually takes skills but on another noteMists of panda is gonna be one hell of an expansion from what i read on completely redoing pve scenarios which i cant wait for

• 2 weeks later...

WoW isn't that great anymore :/ it needs a serious revamp to keep upI've been play SWTOR a lot lately and some of the extra stuff is amazing like space battles and crew skills there's always something to do :DBe interesting to see how GW2 compares