Photo

Anti-Gold-Farming Measures

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Brodo Swaggins

Brodo Swaggins

• Premium
  • 622 Posts
Posted Image Today sees the latest in our series of initiatives to stamp out botting, gold farming and dishonest play in RuneScape, aimed at greatly decreasing the effectiveness of the trade methods used by gold farmers.

View the full article

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts
So new Rs Players=somewhat fucked until they buy membership. Meh.

Mageman

Mageman

• 582 Posts

So new Rs Players=somewhat fucked until they buy membership. Meh.

How many accounts that have never had membership are looking to give out more than 25k at once?

Judobreaker

Judobreaker

• 88 Posts
Why would they be fucked...They can trade, they can receive anything.They just can't give away a lot which isn't really a large handicap I think...I do think it helps fight gold farmers though because they'll have to buy memberships now. :)

Huygens

Huygens

• 1,271 Posts
So...the situation as it is now...Gold farmers make a new account, bot on it till they have like 100mThey get membersSell the gold for regular profit - 1 time membership feeThey get banned.They start over.

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts
they cant ban you for giving away 100m?

Fergal

Fergal

• 1,500 Posts
What is considered a "new" account?

Huygens

Huygens

• 1,271 Posts

What is considered a "new" account?

Any account thats created since the update will have these limitations I think.

Fergal

Fergal

• 1,500 Posts
Eh, hardly. If you think about it, in a years time, if that's still the case, a person with pretty high levels that created their account a year earlier would still be in effect of this, which is stupid. :)

Huygens

Huygens

• 1,271 Posts
F2P is shit anyways :)

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts
tbh the most common way of gold farming is by killing green dragons. So I dont think this will change it much? "/

Huygens

Huygens

• 1,271 Posts

tbh the most common way of gold farming is by killing green dragons. So I dont think this will change it much? "/

I was killing greenies today, it sucks for money now since there are no bots, takes way longer to get cash, its less than 500k per hour now =/

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts

I was killing greenies today, it sucks for money now since there are no bots, takes way longer to get cash, its less than 500k per hour now =/

All money making methods are the same "/ Bots fucked them overBoss's and staking/pk are the only properly QUICK ways of making LARGE amounts of cash now.

Huygens

Huygens

• 1,271 Posts

All money making methods are the same "/ Bots fucked them overBoss's and staking/pk are the only properly QUICK ways of making LARGE amounts of cash now.

I hate bosses coz you need a team and I don't like the extreme risk in pking and staking :PMerching is good money still, if you're good at it, that is. My friend makes like 10m per day with regular merching and item flipping and he doesnt even play that much.

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts
Yer I used to merch "/ then I got sick of following the charts, might start flipping h'weens again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com