Photo

Bot-Busting Update: Legal Proceedings

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Brodo Swaggins

Brodo Swaggins

• Premium
  • 622 Posts
Posted Image Our legal procedures against bot developers and the most serious bot users have been the subject of a significant amount of speculation, which we will attempt to address in this post.

View the full article

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Judobreaker

Judobreaker

• 88 Posts
Nice. :P

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts
I like jagex even less now... They've missed half of the story out the bit that RSBots is taking them to court over, that's why they didn't mention them.

Judobreaker

Judobreaker

• 88 Posts
They can't tell you everything, they've explained that.The fact that judges are in their favor a lot means they are winning some important battles though.

Coty530

Coty530

• 130 Posts
I'm just glad their doing something about it.

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts
I'm glad for the game but still annoyed at jagex... I think they should of compensated us somehow even if it was just a shitty emote, but it took like 6yrs to sort out bots? I mean seriously.

Mageman

Mageman

• 582 Posts
I'm impressed that they are even letting us know what is happening. The fact that RSBuddy is turning into a fan site shows how well Jagex did on the bot neutralizing. @Brad, they said that they have been completely lawful and that RSBots is just trying to make their users happy.

Judobreaker

Judobreaker

• 88 Posts
I don't really give a darn about compensation as long as they can keep those bots out.That's enough compensation for me. ^^

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts
RSBuddy closed because they had a quiet word with Jacmob about it at Runefest and I believe they have offered him a job in development "/ listened to an interview with him on ytYes but RSBot posted a PDF copy of the lawsuit onto there forums either way it's tug and go. They could both be luring to keep good face

Hollykins

Hollykins

• 31 Posts
Hate to break this to you all but give it a year, Jagex will stop updating the game to kill bots and bots will come back.

Judobreaker

Judobreaker

• 88 Posts
We'll see.You'll never know.

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts
Jagex made a lot of players happy by keeping the bots out. I doubt they will stop doing the updates. The only thing I see happening is the bots working around it.

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts

I'm glad for the game but still annoyed at jagex... I think they should of compensated us somehow even if it was just a shitty emote, but it took like 6yrs to sort out bots? I mean seriously.

The week of bonues (3x slayer xp, 3x zeal, etc) and this weekend of Double Loot and Double Dungeoneering xp doesn't count?

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts

The week of bonues (3x slayer xp, 3x zeal, etc) and this weekend of Double Loot and Double Dungeoneering xp doesn't count?

I know right, speak of the devil lmao

Crazycow73

Crazycow73

• 476 Posts
Of course I miss the double loot weekend. Oh well. Glad to see Jagex working these bots out. In my opinion they are in the right in the sense of keeping their game safe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com