NaNoWriMo

Delroth

NaNoWriMo is Nation Novel Writing Month, and this year I am taking part. I've started early as I have exams throught November but basically NaNoWriMo is this. I November a lot of people throught youtube and other sites, each write a novel containing atleast 50000 words. it is supposed to feel great if you complete it. You can do it on any genre and I strongly suggest all of you to give it a go. Here's the first 3 pages of mine. It's called Dark Knights, Death till we part. Here's the cover

Posted Image

and here is the dl link, I will add more as I advance obiously. I will add an update every day. regardless of how much or little I do. Ignore the mistakes it's a first draught. they will be fixed, I'm currently on like 1750 words.

31/10/2011

http://www.mediafire.com/?li7softu2te4g37

For those the download doesn't work for here is the first three.

Chapter One

The fire...it burns. The Keltic Forest ... it burns. My heart ... it burns, but with passion and rage. It's name was Cian...His name was Cian...My name was CIan. My memory is faded and I cannot trust it. but the story must go on.

In a world where nothing is normal to be considered an abnormality is a terrible feeling, but ofcourse someone would suffer that fate, and ofcourse that would be me. I was born to my mother, Xeaon and my Father Lion but I was not what they expected. I was not what anyone expected. I was born a dark lord, of unholy magic and corruption. The title of warlock was placed upon my head and I would have to bear the burden of all evil deeds. For as long as I can remember my head was filled with thoughts of death and decay. A searing pain costantly...and I loved it. The pain, the anguish everything! I was fueled by it. Driven by it..driven mad by it. In the end I could not take it. I had to flee from Harensburn, my home town. I could not be controlled. I was to strong, for anyone's safety, including mine. I had to hide. I was to good at heart to harm anyone, I could not stay I had to flee for my life and everyone elses. I remember my life as a child, always isolated. I knew I was different for as long as I could remember always being exhiled to protect those around me. caged like an animal, the animal I would become in later life - a butcher, no, a butcher kills animals, I was an animal, No control, Ravid. The first time I realised my immence power was when I was eight, I got so angry, and I lost control. I felt a surge of dark energy realse from every inch of my body - shadowform they called it - my parents I mean. It was what happened to me when I was angry and couldn't keep control of my innert emotions, I would just let them out. When it happened nothing could stop me, I was surrounded by a black mist of smoke and my eyes glowed red with anger but also fear. I became almost transparent like a spectare in the night but I could never fully let go of all emotion, I always had some sense of human emotion when I did what I done to those people. Which I suppose makes it all the worse. Listening to there cries of pain and horror as I filled there mind and soul with the thoughts I had to endure for years of my life, if you could even call it that.

After that first time, everyone would talk about me as having "spikes." I could only assume they were talking about my shadowform. After my first "spike," I started to become more angry, more easily and my "spikes," became more frequent. Up until I was thirteen they haden't really come to anything. I had never hurt anyone, but yet I was becoming increasingly difficult to keep control of myself and then on my thirteenth birthday I finally lost it. Around thirteen or fourteen most peoples powers come in, and that is when they find out what they will be. A mighty warrior, that can fight all manner of beats and monsters, or an Elementalist, with control of all things natural. It was around this time I realised how out of place I was, I was the only person growing up with powers - I had perfected them, but everyone else had just got theirs and couldn't control them and that's what set me off on the spike that would almost kill one of my classmates. I was just walking to school, and some Magi decided it would be funny to try out his new spell on me. I felt the firey ball hit me on the back as I walked into the gates of my school, and as soon as I felt the scorching heat of the ball of fire near me I lost all emotion. I felt an energy like i'd never felt before, even more chaotic and rage filled than my previous ones. I didn't mean to hurt him, but I couldn't control myself. I unleashed a crippeling Shadow burst at him, he jumped trying to avoid it, and if he didn't he would probobly be dead, as he jumped the burst flew under had face and hit him in the chest but maybe he would be better off being dead. He fell to the ground with a sickening thud. He never moved again after that, He was rushed to the herbalists and the druids but neither could free him from the dark, corrupted magic I had infested his body with, He lies to this day - in a bed in the temple. The monks pray for him every day, but even the holiest of all magics could not reverse what I had done.

That was when I realised I could not be around the living anymore, my powers were overwhelmingly strong and I could not be trusted to control them. three months before my sixteenth birthday I left my home town, never to return. Fearing what harm I would do if I did. I fled, I fled in the direction of the win, hoping the elements would guide me... they never did. As it happens it was the night before my sixteenth birthday I lay exhausted on Perigran's rock sixty miles East of my home town, ready to embrace death - I was tierd and alone and I just couldn't keep going. I lay on the rock, and as I lay there and as the night began to descend upon me. I began to hear a whisper, much like the ones I had heard all through out my childhood, I dismissed it, even when it got louder, and louder, and louder until I could here it screaming. A terrifying scream! "CIIIIAAANNNNN!" A Vicious scream. I opened my eyes and look up. Infront of me was a mystifying, glowing orb. Blue, a deep deep blue, tantalizing, taunting me, drawing me in. I lifted my hand and slowly walked towards the orb. As I walked closer the voices got closer, calling my name. Louder and louder. I got within touching distance of the orb when, in expanded and I was pulled through the gaping hole it created. As I passed through the voices got louder to a point where I couldn't focus on anything else. It was bliss, For a brief moment I didn't have to focus on the chaotic thoughts in my head. As I seen the exit apearing I saw a face. A dark face covered in a shrowd of shadows, much like me when I was in shadowform. but as I exited the portal I passed out.

When I awoke I was surrounded Three people on either side of me, and one person standing over me.

"Cian, you're finally here." Said the one standing over me, his face began to become more into focus now, he was an older man, with a white beard but eyes, that glowed red like rubies, exactly like mine.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I am Exion, Lord of the Dark knights and you are Cian, Minion of Exion."

"What? What are you talking about, why am I here?"

"You have been chosen. Chosen by me to be a dark minion and one day you may rise to be the great lord himself. You will become the seventh and final member of my team."

"Team? What are you talking about?."

"I am the leader of the Group of Annonomys Dark knights, and you have benn chosen. You're job is simple - Listen to my command and I will stop the pain."

"The pain? You know what I am going through?"

"Of course I do. I made them!"

"What! You are the one who has put me through so much pain? It's you're fault I've suffered for years? It's your fauly I've had to leave my home?!"

"Indeed. I set up a chain of events to lead you to Periggan's rock tonight, and it worked perfectly. So what do you say? Join the group, and I will make all your pain go away."

I looked around and the others in the room, they had kind of a menacing smile, the same smile I was told I had.

"Join us." A voice said as one of the members bent over and took my hand. It was a girl, her voice was soft and melodic, not a match to her physical features at all. She had short brown hair and green eyes. She had bags under her eyes and looked exhausted. I don't know why but for some reason her voice seemed to draw me in. I stood up.

"I will join you." I said.

"Very good, now open your mind and let me clear you of anguish." The man stood up and put his hands on my head - Be prepared. I began to feel a pulse of dark energy flow out of my body. I went into shadowform and my mind became clearer. I was not angry and I could control my emotions.

"It is done, you are now my minion. Now begone, you will learn through action. Although a simple task may be in order. Go with Elena - He looked at the girl who had spoke to me - and retrieve something for me, a demonic statue. It is situated North of Ragemor, I expect to have it in my possesion by tomorrow. It is being held in the caslt of Ragemor, now go!" and like that he vanished into a dark ball of light and flew off.

"Come, we must leave now if we wish to be back by tomorrow." said Elena. "Hold my hand." I took a hold of her hand and she began to speak."Hashneir van sike lerm." A portal apeared infront of us. "Let's go."

That is how I started working for Exion - I was inticed by promises of bliss and peace of the mind. I should have realised at the time that it could never be true.

• Upvote 1

Delly you have officially crossed into the realm of the loser.But it actually wasn't too bad. I'm a fairly accomplished writer, I can edit this if you want. Lots of spelling mistakes, but those aren't a problem yet.

The spelling mistakes I am fully aware of. I can easily write the 50000 words in 3 weeks and I can spend the last week with spelling/draughting.
  • Upvote 1

tl;dr

I could never write a novel, unless it was about myself. I'm more of a short story person.

A Day In The Life of Blexun

by MstrMonopoly

One day I woke up. I decided to log in to IRC to call some people stupid. I also did !tower and !mewtwo a lot so I could farm my pokemons. Then I went to college and I went to class. Then I saw Nuggeh log into IRC. We are best friends and we made jokes. I am a big boy! Then I ate ice cream and went to bed.

A Day In The Life of Blexun

by MstrMonopoly

One day I woke up. I decided to log in to IRC to call some people stupid. I also did !tower and !mewtwo a lot so I could farm my pokemons. Then I went to college and I went to class. Then I saw Nuggeh log into IRC. We are best friends and we made jokes. I am a big boy! Then I ate ice cream and went to bed.

The sad thing is you pretty much hit the nail on the head.