Luring. Is it wrong?

I God-Apollo

I guess I'll completely ignore the fact that successfully luring is fun.

Luring people obviously involves lying and deceiving others to get what they earned, or at least what isn't yours. Just by that fact alone, luring is wrong. Of course, that only makes sense if you think Runescape and real life are on the same moral grounds, which many people, including me, don't think so.

What is probably the more popular opinion when it comes these situations is if they were stupid enough/came unprepared/etc, then they deserve it and it's fair game. When it comes to luring, I think it follows this idea, more or less. If you agree to meet somebody in the wildy to make a trade, if you are tricked into a tele other into the wildy, or any other stupid decision, then I think it is a wrong thing to do, but fair game and morally permissible. If you agree to go with somebody to kill revs, pk, or any other activity that would normally be done in the wilderness, and the person and/or his friends kill you, then I think that is just you being a dick and is wrong.

tl;dr: Disregarding how funny it is, luring is always wrong, but it's okay if the trick you play on somebody is obvious to the average player, but your victim just so happens to be an idiot.

couldn't of stated it any better Posted Image

I would usually say something like this is wrong; but come on, it's wildy! I'm not even sure how people fall for such lures in the first place.But anyway, since it's wildy, the objective is to PK other players around your combat level, therefore, even if you trick someone into coming into deeper wild to either be able to attack them or have a clan/group with you to jump them, its still only pixels, and its still wildy. xD (If that made sense...)

Yes, I am a bad person. So going on that knowledge luring rocks :D I wouldnt say its fair though o_O and I dont do it cause it is against the rules of lord jagex 0.0this reminded me of that rs video from yanks ago, where thoses two rich players were trying to lure someone by dropping a phat on the ground, then the lvl 3 came and picked it up :P

But anyway, since it's wildy, the objective is to PK other players around your combat level, therefore, even if you trick someone into coming into deeper wild to either be able to attack them or have a clan/group with you to jump them, its still only pixels, and its still wildy. xD (If that made sense...)

Yeah the objective is to pk, but luring for loot isn't really pking, not in the spirit of things anyway. It's the equivalent of killing people killing revs or training agility. Yes you are player killing, but in the spirit of things, you are just being a dick. Anyway, it isn't unusual for a lurer to have friends to help take down a victim. Even then, when the victim isn't suspecting to get killed, it's a huge advantage to the lurer.Yeah it's only "pixels". I myself don't usually give a shit, but I'm taking a step back and looking at this as seriously as I can.

Yeah the objective is to pk, but luring for loot isn't really pking, not in the spirit of things anyway. It's the equivalent of killing people killing revs or training agility. Yes you are player killing, but in the spirit of things, you are just being a dick. Anyway, it isn't unusual for a lurer to have friends to help take down a victim. Even then, when the victim isn't suspecting to get killed, it's a huge advantage to the lurer.Yeah it's only "pixels". I myself don't usually give a shit, but I'm taking a step back and looking at this as seriously as I can.

I agree, when you pk either pwn newbs in a non-honour way coz they went too deep or fight 1 vs 1 with both having equal chances. Killing someone when you could have actually lost something is more of an achievement.