Photo

RPG recommendations

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Deus

Deus

• Banned
  • 338 Posts
I liked the game of the year edition of morwind, I bought oblivion but never played it too much.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Stuart

Stuart

• 172 Posts
oblivion was great when i discovered the duplication glitch. I loved enchanting all my stuff and being invisible lolI guess i liked it because it's similar to runescape in a way.You have alot of skills and you can level them up

Crazycow73

Crazycow73

• 476 Posts
Let's hear it for Oblivion and Skyrim! Skyrim is going to be AMAZING. So pumped for it. Bethesda deserves every award they get for the Elder Scroll Series. Beautifully made.

Mageman

Mageman

• 582 Posts

Play the first ones at least 2 and 3 for snes. (1 wasnt the greatest at all but the roots of ff) You can use roms and emulators to play on your pc. If you can handle the low graphics. But those were the best rpg's of that time, after those final fantasy went down hill. Final Fantasy tactics was alright though tbh. I played 7 but I didnt care too much for it due to it being a completely different gamestyle.

Im with ya deus, i got my dads old snes and ff2 and 3 with it. Definently some of my fav games. Also im so pumped for skyrim and i also play alot of rpgs on my ipod touch

Aliath

Aliath

• 106 Posts

Let's hear it for Oblivion and Skyrim! Skyrim is going to be AMAZING. So pumped for it. Bethesda deserves every award they get for the Elder Scroll Series. Beautifully made.

Skyrim looks amazing. I love the prospect of being able to play in third-person mode without it being retarded. :P

Kaiden

Kaiden

• 443 Posts
11.11.11Nuff said.

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts
My recommendations:Dragon Age: Origins-Deep story, deep characters, deep gameplay, it's my all time favorite game.Skyrim-This is obvious.Shadow of the Colossus-Not exactly an RPG, but no less than a masterpiece an RPG gamer can appreciate.FInal Fantasy XIII-Very average game, but its cheap nowadays, and you could probably squeeze 50+ hours of gameplay out of it for its $20 cost.

Mageman

Mageman

• 582 Posts
Dragon Age Origins was good, but number 2 was poorly made. Final Fabtasy XIII was trash in my opinion, I wouldn't get it. Ive been a fan of all FF games that I could get my hands on since FF 2 for SNES, this just tarnished the reputation.

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts
Despite the hate, I actually enjoyed Dragon Age 2. It can't beat Origins, though. FF XIII is average, as I said, but you can do worse for $20.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,461 Posts
I don't know, $20 is like... ten 5-layer beefy burritos at Taco Bell. Would much rather have the burritos, since they both turn into explosive diarreha after about 30mins.

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts
Did anyone else laugh IRL when they read Traaginen's comment? How far did you get, anyway, Trag? It becomes open world later in the game, and that's when it starts getting better.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,461 Posts
I was about 10 hours in when I gave up and finally concluded that it just wasn't going to get better. It really took a lot for me to get to that point, too. Sad since I used to be quite the FF fan boy.Some of my friends that also played it (though who are far less picky than I and will play most games) told me that it does get better after like 15 hours. The thing is, though... No game should take 15+ hours until it's even playable. Video games are supposed to be fun.A lot of people enjoy FF13. It just wasn't for me.

Raidenaut

Raidenaut

• 6 Posts
Demon souls!?!?!?! Try Dark Souls! (made by same people) really worth it! < if you did play Demon souls then you'll love Dark souls as well!

Definitly:

HARD ENOUGH TO MAKE YA WANT MORE!

ONLY game I ever seen where it says on the back of the box: you are going to die!

Click here for Dark souls fails :D

****I'd also recommend Skyrim!****

Anarchy

Anarchy

• 1,273 Posts

Click here for Dark souls fails :D

The guy's voice is super annoying -.-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.