Photo

Is Inglorious Basterds a Comedy? Drama?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

I have no idea why this movie is so highly rated / reviewed... It's average in my opinion. It's a fairly typical weird ass Tarantino movie, which is why so many hipsters must love it.

The trailers made it out to be some sort of sarcastic comedy. It had a few funny lines I suppose, but anything with that much death based on the holocaust or Jews in WW2 is going to have its "lol" limits... Plus it's listed as a Drama / War movie.

I really enjoyed Christoph Waltz, his dialogue was phenomenal. Everything else was just sort of "meh" though. Not bad, not great.

Does anyone have any thoughts? I remember leaving the theater confused as hell, and it wasn't because the plot was confusing.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Huygens

Huygens

• 1,271 Posts

I think this movie is quite good, because it gives an other perspective to World War 2 movies. Can't remember that much of the movie, I remember this Nazi general being in a French house looking for Jews and I remember that Nazis caught by the ''good guys'' get their face smashed in with some kind of bat.

Fergal

Fergal

• 1,500 Posts

I would class it as a comedy tbh, and it wasn't the best of movies. I liked it a bit I guess, but nothing I'd want to watch again.

Left my dad confused too, the start lends the movie to being an authentic portrayal of WW2, but then just completely converts to a half-comedy.

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts

I love this film.

Tarintino is a god.

You must be a Nazi David.

Thulsa

Thulsa

• 6 Posts

I'd call this a black comedy. I like Tarantino, he has some cool movies, but in many of them, and this one in particular, I feel that the plot itself is not what make his movies interesting, it's more the dialogues, small scenes, etc. Tho this film is nowhere in the same level of pulp fiction or reservoir dogs.

Tynisa

Tynisa

• 761 Posts

It certainly isnt Waterboy, so i give this film: elephant out of 5 banana's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com