Photo

Visiting America

* * * * * Tips?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts

Or the difference between Australia and the UK from my experiences. Apparently they can't distinguish between our accents so be prepared to be asked whether you're from the UK or Australia

Are you fucking serious? thats ridiculous?

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts
Everything Americans know about an Australian accent is based on Outback Steakhouse commercials and Kangaroo Jack. I'm actually laughing as I type this because it sounds retarded but it's basically true.As far as British accents, all knowledge is based on Russel Crowe.God save the Queen.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

I'm pretty bummed no one realized Crowe is Australian.

Carry  on.

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts

He is?

Posted Image

Nathan

Nathan

• 348 Posts

Carry  on.

I noticed that, I only just saw it though since I haven't been online for a few days.

Everything Americans know about an Australian accent is based on Outback Steakhouse commercials and Kangaroo Jack. I'm actually laughing as I type this because it sounds retarded but it's basically true.

The most frustrating part about it is that often when an Australian actor is playing an Australian character they do a british accent to appeal to the American audience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com