Visiting America

Tynisa

We're ...lazy....

mfw. Americans work 30% more hours than Europeans and have less vacation time.

Get ready to see a lot of fat people. 60% of American adults are overweight or obese.

Meh, obesity is just really bad in the lazy-as-fuck Southern states. If he's just going to California "only" 60% are overweight, which is less than the UK.

Posted Image

Also came across this hilarious graph .gif that predicts 100% obesity because I say it does.

Posted Image

Here are some actual FACTS. You can tell they're FACTS because I wrote it in all caps.

[*]Americans don't know anything about Europe, other than that we had to save your asses in 2.5 wars. This is not because they are more retarded than the average European lowest-common-denominator, as bitter 3rd-world 9gag commentators would have you believe. They honestly just do not give a fuck; European affairs are never covered on the news or anything. Unless it's bashing France, because fuck them. Take that how you will.

[*]No one knows the difference between being English/British, or even what the actual name of your country is. Including me. Is it the United Kingdom? Great Britain? England? Why can't you just pick something and put it on my mini-globe?

You are required to document yourself watching the following video for the entire plane ride over if you want to make it through customs.

Otherwise they will just load you into a burlap sack and ship you off to some random South American puppet country.

[*]No one knows the difference between being English/British, or even what the actual name of your country is. Including me. Is it the United Kingdom? Great Britain? England? Why can't you just pick something and put it on my mini-globe?

England is the single country.

Great Britain is England, Scotland, and Wales

United Kingdom is England, Scotland, Wales, and Norhern Ireland.

Also, it surprises me that your chart says that New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and even Australia have a greater percentage of overweight people than Canada. I always figured Canadians would purposely pack on the blubber to keep themselves warm.

England is the single country.

Great Britain is England, Scotland, and Wales

United Kingdom is England, Scotland, Wales, and Norhern Ireland.

... And if you try to explain with something like this, it is proven that 103% of Americans will have 1 of two possible responses:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This thread has not been helpful.

All i know is that i may or may not see fat people, and that i live in a strange country.

Well, there's more basic stuff as well, like how biscuits and chips have completely different meanings here, but I figured you already knew that.

Posted Image

Just to let you know this is actually outdated now, a couple of years ago Australia overtook America (take that XD)

Or the difference between Australia and the UK from my experiences. Apparently they can't distinguish between our accents so be prepared to be asked whether you're from the UK or Australia

Everything Americans know about an Australian accent is based on Outback Steakhouse commercials and Kangaroo Jack. I'm actually laughing as I type this because it sounds retarded but it's basically true.As far as British accents, all knowledge is based on Russel Crowe.God save the Queen.

I'm pretty bummed no one realized Crowe is Australian.

Carry  on.

I noticed that, I only just saw it though since I haven't been online for a few days.

Everything Americans know about an Australian accent is based on Outback Steakhouse commercials and Kangaroo Jack. I'm actually laughing as I type this because it sounds retarded but it's basically true.

The most frustrating part about it is that often when an Australian actor is playing an Australian character they do a british accent to appeal to the American audience.