Photo

Hearthfire Kitchen help?

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Death Knight

Death Knight

• 91 Posts

So, I finally made the perfect family house. Full blown kitchen, bedrooms, and a trophy room to display my hunting prowess. Then I decided to cook supper. & I realized I cant milk my cow for milk, the chicken egg takes like a week to respawn? & butter, how does one aquire this ? & Salt piles? oy vey..

I'm sure i could travel to whiterun & such to buy these ingrediants one, or two at a time maybe, but i tried killing my cow, no milk, but i did notice i had 7 milk in my cupboard in my kitchen, so does it restock over time? and how often? but chicken eggs, butter, salt piles, milk. Anyone know anything about how to obtain them easily, and possibly without buying them so i can live off the land entirely? Ive got the skyrim guide that includes DG & HF, but it's not much help.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

You can get butter by using the churn in your house. I believe the milk just respawns after a few days.

NoRegrets

NoRegrets

• 133 Posts

hearthfire seems like its pretty awesome but heres a dumb question what is it?  an expansion?  a add on?  what does it allow you to do?  are there more quests?  

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

hearthfire seems like its pretty awesome but heres a dumb question what is it?  an expansion?  a add on?  what does it allow you to do?  are there more quests?  

It's downloadable content (DLC) for Skyrim that allows you to build houses and own property. You get a lot of tasks that have to with that such as defending your home, upgrading it, etc that could count as quests.

It's not a full-blown expansion so I'd call it an add-on. 

NoRegrets

NoRegrets

• 133 Posts

price?

Unknown ProbLem

Unknown ProbLem

• 364 Posts

It's Five dollars (not sure on currency conversions if that is a factor) but the add-on basically makes any house you could need to buy, a waste of money.  The only problem with this add-on is the amount of sheer materials required to make parts of these three houses. I would sadly recommend this add-on to higher level characters, as lower level ones won't exactly be able to enjoy it for a while. However, building your house as you go is incredibly fun and would make the game more fun.

NoRegrets

NoRegrets

• 133 Posts

well i have 50k in the game and am level 51 i rank up easily so it shouldnt be a problem.  so i think ill get it later tonight if i have time.  can you take your wife to it? and i like the armorys and weapon racks, is there a number of those you can get or a small amount?

Unknown ProbLem

Unknown ProbLem

• 364 Posts

each room has their specified amounts of stuff that are generated for the rooms themselves, but I think you can bring your wife there. Also as "rank up" do you mean level? It shouldn't be easy after 51 due to the general average levels required.

NoRegrets

NoRegrets

• 133 Posts
Honestly its not that hard to rank up. I have left one handed, enchanting, alchemy, and. Three others at. Low level so I can increase those when need be, increasing my overall level by simply making potions, something, and various miscellaneous simple tasks

Unknown ProbLem

Unknown ProbLem

• 364 Posts

so your 51 was a Mage i take it? because normally the most annoying were the mage skills. provided you didn't power level them.

NoRegrets

NoRegrets

• 133 Posts

more along the lines of archery.  i play games that include war and violence in the  same way i would real war.  kill from a distance and not put yourself in harms way.  i have level 98 archery.

Death Knight

Death Knight

• 91 Posts

You can get butter by using the churn in your house. I believe the milk just respawns after a few days.

Butter churn? i've never seen one before & I've decked my kitchen out. any help with chicken eggs by any chance?

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

Butter churn? i've never seen one before & I've decked my kitchen out. any help with chicken eggs by any chance?

It's in your kitchen, but I think it only appears when you furnish the kitchen with a drafting table. The churn only gives you one butter and then takes forever to respawn it, though (if ever). I was wrong in assuming you could just use it to make butter. Innkeepers and some general merchants do have some butter and milk under their food category.

You can get butter the following ways.

[*]Can be periodically collected from the churn in the Kitchen wing of a Homestead.
    [*]One spawns on a table in the Kitchen wing when all furnishings have been added.
    [*]Can be purchased from the following Innkeepers:
    [*]Mralki at Frostfruit Inn located in Rorikstead
    [*]Jonna at Moorside Inn located in Morthal
    [*]Eydis at Old Hroldan Inn located in The Reach
    [/list]

As for chick eggs, you'll have to run around Skyrim collecting them. UESP has a pretty good list of locations.

Death Knight

Death Knight

• 91 Posts

Good lord... They should of thought of these things... Respawn chicken eggs every day, Milk a cow a day, milk turns to butter in the churn, etc.

starman138

starman138
I have had the butter churn for over a month of game time, no respawn! Also, merchants do not seem to restock it (auto correct just tried to change respawn to testicles, funny). Again, these are merchants who have gone months of game time without it. Who knows...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com