So what did Santa bring you this year?

Brad

My Dad got me an Aur Rifle, wich is the only rifle you can have in Norway without training. It's rather odd he would buy me that. He is a pacifist and my mother hate guns. However, he was at a sale, and when he's at a sale he doesn't think. I really wanted it last year though, but I thought i'd never get it. I also got a telescope, some vlothes and some other stuff.

I had mostly clothes and some money, nothing major. Being old on Christmas is kind of lame. My mom bought my sister and I mace. Pretty funny since, as a guy, I'll be attacked for carrying that around if anything. I think it was to get my sister some without making it a big deal since she goes off to college next year.

I got a pullup bar and a couple of discworld books. Interesting contrast...

And yes, ACIII is amazing.

I agree, but I've had it since it came out and I'm still only about half way through it since I wanted to finish the Halo 4 campaign first but my brothers hog the Xbox and I can't be bothered arguing. I'm somehow still spoiler free for both though (probably shouldn't have said that, lol). I just really wanted to rant about that...

I got a lot of food...No seriously, we don't have Santa Claus, but we have what we call 'Sinterklaas', which is a really old Dutch tradition, it's like nearly the same, but instead of a fat old grey man, it's a skinny old grey man riding a white horse and instead of elves he has what we call 'Zwarte Piet', which can be translated to 'Black Peter'. I shit you not. It has NOTHING to do with racism, however.

http://www.tvl.nl/content/assets/artikels/sinterklaas1.jpg

But we also skipped Sinterklaas this year, getting too old for that crap, I'm glad my parents fund a lot for me throughout the year, I'm grateful for that.

edit:

I got myself book 2 and 3 from the Game of Thrones (yes, I already had the first one..)

• Upvote 1

Looking at that image out of context, it's hard to image a background story that's not racist.

Posted Image

I just looked it up on wikipedia, it says that before the 2nd world war 'Sinterklaas' only had 1 helper, which was black, for no named reason. Just after the 2nd world war the Canadian soldiers in the Netherlands all dressed up as Black Peters and since then it's a tradition for Sinterklaas to have some kind of army of black people, lol.

This Black Peter idea originates from 1850.