Photo

Ethics

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Tynisa

Tynisa

• 761 Posts
Never smoked anything, injected, or taken any drugs.I dont think i will like the feeling of "Not being in control"At least with Alcohol i know where i stand, well .. most of the time. >.>;;(I understand its a slight contradiction, but in essence, you never really know the "%" of what you would be taking, whereas Alcohol has a typical standard, dependant on what it is - therefore i know what im doing.)--Ethics wise, i wouldnt slay many wimen and children, steal someones car, U-turn it and then drive it down the pavement, slaying yet more people - only to ring my buddy to deliver me a tank, and proceed to get the army to chase me while i fire shell after shell into everything and everyone. (Saints Row.)Sorry, i just dont get how doing something in a game in any way relates to doing shit IRL.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

AlmaWade

AlmaWade

• 16 Posts
Because if you do it virtualy or in person, in the end of the day you have to look yourself in the face in a mirror.

Tynisa

Tynisa

• 761 Posts
I can look at myself in the mirror, even if i just ran over 10248230 people in a tank.Fact is, i know i wouldnt do things IRL that i do in games.I'm never going to be able to dress up in a full Halo suit and go slaying aliens on a distant planet, but i get to experience that in a game - i hate halo, but tbh i wouldnt have known that if i had not experienced this myself.it doesnt exactly make my point valid, but it is still a point.

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts

I can look at myself in the mirror, even if i just ran over 10248230 people in a tank.Fact is, i know i wouldnt do things IRL that i do in games.I'm never going to be able to dress up in a full Halo suit and go slaying aliens on a distant planet, but i get to experience that in a game - i hate halo, but tbh i wouldnt have known that if i had not experienced this myself.it doesnt exactly make my point valid, but it is still a point.

That's a reason I don't like realistic games. I always saw video games as a way to escape our reality and enter an alternate one.

Anarchy

Anarchy

• 1,273 Posts

I can look at myself in the mirror, even if i just ran over 10248230 people in a tank.Fact is, i know i wouldnt do things IRL that i do in games.

Like Tynisa said, I've played many shooting games, because I love them...the reason why I love shooting games is because I have great respect for people who are in the military. I guess I play those type of games because I know that's the only way I could experience and get a feel for what they do.Also like Tynisa said I can do a bunch of stuff in a game and look at myself in the mirror because I know I would never commit something like that ever in real life unless I'm force to do so.... (i.e. WW3?)

Tynisa

Tynisa

• 761 Posts

Like Tynisa said, I've played many shooting games, because I love them...the reason why I love shooting games is because I have great respect for people who are in the military. I guess I play those type of games because I know that's the only way I could experience and get a feel for what they do.Also like Tynisa said I can do a bunch of stuff in a game and look at myself in the mirror because I know I would never commit something like that ever in real life unless I'm force to do so.... (i.e. WW3?)

Its WW5 first.Thats the beauty of World War 5, its so powerful it skips the other wars.(Family Guy - Its not the exact quote, but i cba to google.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com