Quest Items ?

johnmacd

Question

I've come across several items that are quest items and cant find who to talk to about starting said quest I have the guide book and some of these things don't show up in the appendex i.e curious silver mold , amulet of talos , and briar hearts the dam things cant be removed from my inventory and continue to weigh me down ( meanning I can't loot as many corpes's as I would like ) any help as to who to speak with to get these dang quests done and this crap off my persons.

6 answers to this question

Some quest items are known to be bugged and can become unremovable. But there are others that appear as loot in dungeons and caves before you even start the quest, so they will just remain with you until you are tasked with finding it. At that point you can just talk to the NPC again instantly and it will usually be removed.

Generally all of these quest items will weigh 0 or some other neglible amount anyways. The main reason to get rid of them is to reduce clutter.

it wasn't the weight of one but I had 30 briar hearts at 0.5 lb 6 amulet of talos's at 1 pound each thats over 20 pounds of crap that I couldn't rid myself of.

It's because one of those Amulet's of Talos is Rogvir's old one. Just return it to his sister in Solitude, then you can get rid of the others. That's weird though, cause those usually separate the quest one and the non quest ones.

David, while on this subject, would you care to explain the stupid Grand Staff of Charming because I have two and it's calling them quest items.

I think there is a side quest in Winterhold that has you steal a staff from the mage that hangs out in the tavern and give it to a random citizen. Maybe that is it.

According to the wiki though:

There is a small chance that this item will be classified as quest-related, making it un-removable from your inventory.