Photo

Quest Items ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

johnmacd

johnmacd

• 20 Posts
I've come across several items that are quest items and cant find who to talk to about starting said quest I have the guide book and some of these things don't show up in the appendex i.e curious silver mold , amulet of talos , and briar hearts the dam things cant be removed from my inventory and continue to weigh me down ( meanning I can't loot as many corpes's as I would like ) any help as to who to speak with to get these dang quests done and this crap off my persons.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts
Some quest items are known to be bugged and can become unremovable. But there are others that appear as loot in dungeons and caves before you even start the quest, so they will just remain with you until you are tasked with finding it. At that point you can just talk to the NPC again instantly and it will usually be removed.

[*]The Curious Silver Mold is involved with the quest Silver Lining. You have to deliver it to Endon of Markarth.
    [*]The Amulet of Talos is from Return to Grace.
    [*]Briar Hearts are used in Repairing the Phial.
    [/list]Generally all of these quest items will weigh 0 or some other neglible amount anyways. The main reason to get rid of them is to reduce clutter.

johnmacd

johnmacd

• 20 Posts
it wasn't the weight of one but I had 30 briar hearts at 0.5 lb 6 amulet of talos's at 1 pound each thats over 20 pounds of crap that I couldn't rid myself of.

Unknown ProbLem

Unknown ProbLem

• 364 Posts
David, while on this subject, would you care to explain the stupid Grand Staff of Charming because I have two and it's calling them quest items.

Phantom

Phantom

• 46 Posts

it wasn't the weight of one but I had 30 briar hearts at 0.5 lb 6 amulet of talos's at 1 pound each thats over 20 pounds of crap that I couldn't rid myself of.

It's because one of those Amulet's of Talos is Rogvir's old one. Just return it to his sister in Solitude, then you can get rid of the others. That's weird though, cause those usually separate the quest one and the non quest ones.

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts

David, while on this subject, would you care to explain the stupid Grand Staff of Charming because I have two and it's calling them quest items.

I think there is a side quest in Winterhold that has you steal a staff from the mage that hangs out in the tavern and give it to a random citizen. Maybe that is it.

According to the wiki though:

There is a small chance that this item will be classified as quest-related, making it un-removable from your inventory.

Unknown ProbLem

Unknown ProbLem

• 364 Posts
That is annoying *sigh* because they are useless to me at level 81... oh well, I can hold over 850k in weight though <.< just bothersome to look at lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com