About how events are announced

Scout

I have noticed that most of our clan events are posted in the even section the day of the event, that makes it very hard for people to plan ahead of time to be able to attend them. If we started posting events a week ahead of time and kept bumping the topic so it would keep being seen, I think it would help people be able to attend a lot.

I have noticed that most of our clan events are posted in the even section the day of the event, that makes it very hard for people to plan ahead of time to be able to attend them. If we started posting events a week ahead of time and kept bumping the topic so it would keep being seen, I think it would help people be able to attend a lot.

It's like what destiny said, most of our EC post them a head of time, in fact I don't even recall when EC post it on the same day...the just post same day events into a reflection.... People need to become more active on the forums and check the Event Section and Calendar. We even have a section on the side that shows our upcoming events so it's not the matter of it's not bumped (which break a forum rule) but the fact that people are not willing to check.for example check how many Corporal+ Ranked Members we have and then check how many use the forum

Events are posted: a) on the calendar B) on their own unique thread c) in the newsletter (all that have been planned at that time it is published)

Maybe we could try to remember to bump event thread on the forums like a day or two before and just say "This event is tomorrow, please have necessary items ready," or something like that. (don't want to spam)

I think everyone will also benefit from EC & Staff reminding the CC the next day's event, just for people who don't have access to the forum for different reasons. They could announce the event a couple hours before its set to begin, also an hour before it begins, etc.

Sound good?

• Upvote 1

Events are posted: a) on the calendar B) on their own unique thread c) in the newsletter (all that have been planned at that time it is published)

Maybe we could try to remember to bump event thread on the forums like a day or two before and just say "This event is tomorrow, please have necessary items ready," or something like that. (don't want to spam)

I think everyone will also benefit from EC & Staff reminding the CC the next day's event, just for people who don't have access to the forum for different reasons. They could announce the event a couple hours before its set to begin, also an hour before it begins, etc.

Sound good?

Yeah, that works just don't want the forum to get spammed

IDEA!! perhaps make a sticky titled events for today and have the initial post updated routinely as well as the regular posting of events? this way there will only be 1 extra topic that can cover all events, and if someone have details more specific than time and event type (such as how to do the event, meeting place, meeting world and any various other questions)

IDEA!! perhaps make a sticky titled events for today and have the initial post updated routinely as well as the regular posting of events? this way there will only be 1 extra topic that can cover all events, and if someone have details more specific than time and event type (such as how to do the event, meeting place, meeting world and any various other questions)

That's not the problem the problem is people aren't using the forums enough to check themself

try this: dont post a few events on forum... make em good so people will WANT to show up... just mention them a few times in cc during the week... and drop numerous bombs the day of hours before.see if its worth keeping it on the forums.ya, i know yall like your forums, but why the fuck are you gonna own a motorcycle if its never ridden...

try this: dont post a few events on forum... make em good so people will WANT to show up... just mention them a few times in cc during the week... and drop numerous bombs the day of hours before.see if its worth keeping it on the forums.ya, i know yall like your forums, but why the fuck are you gonna own a motorcycle if its never ridden...

All of that should be happening regardless of whether or not it's on the forum.

I think we could try to kick back old school, If I remember right when I first joined I had t get 3 referrals, sign up on the website, and post an application before I could join. Now I see people getting invited into clan before they even realized that we have a website... bring back the damn near week long application so by the time people get accepted they feel like they earned it. =D

I think we could try to kick back old school, If I remember right when I first joined I had t get 3 referrals, sign up on the website, and post an application before I could join. Now I see people getting invited into clan before they even realized that we have a website... bring back the damn near week long application so by the time people get accepted they feel like they earned it. =D

This would be a huge change to how the community works, and probably a whole other topic to discuss. Idk.

I don't think we've ever had that unless I wasn't in the clan at the time.

hes got a point... make people feel like theyve worked for it..so they deserve it... better sense of a community. more of a brotherhood per say. youd no doubt be able to keep people better. the only issue would be motivating the recruits to join. but that would prolly just make eveyones head explode... too many moving parts and all