Character Build

So I'm taking a break from my sneaky archer build to start a new one. I'm going to try to make a Golbez build (I'm sure most of you know who he is) based off his FFIV character. I got a little information as to what he would look like from the After Years game and I'm going to go that route. I didn't see any build on Youtube or anywhere else I looked so I thought I'd start my own.Race: NordWeapon: 2-Handed GreatswordArmor: Heavy(possibly the Ebony Mail coupled with some Daedra armor)Magic: Destruction and ConjurationI initially will try a Nord although I feel maybe a Breton would be better for the magic defense. The main part of this is I want to focus mainly on his magic and 2-handed, and a little in Block using the 2hander. I'll put the magic resist enchantments on his armor, along with fortify destruction and magic regen more than focusing on fortify 2-handed. Anything is welcome, criticism, suggestions, etc.I haven't ever used a 2-Hander yet in this game out of all my builds, so any suggestions would be welcome. :)

It's an interesting premise for a build, that's for sure. I'm excited to hear more about how it develops.I personally wouldn't use that magic resistance enchantments to heavily, as in my experience there's not really even a great deal of NPC's that use magic. Fortifying your methods of attack or other skills might be better (as long as it doesn't diminish the Golbez standpoint, as I'm unfamiliar with it).

From what I read and have played against, he's supposed to be very resistant to the natural elements. I'm not going to put too much Into it, as I want his 2-handed sword to be powerful, and the three basic destruction spells almost as equally powerful. He'll be melee first, and a Mage second, as that's how I prefer to play. I do want the ability to use conjuration to a decent extent though. In the games he can summon so I have to add that element in there. The build will start tonight, I should get to about level15 without power-leveling at all.As far as factions, I'm going to join the companions and do the College of WInterhold as soon as I can.I'm also going to put several perks into Block, as it does have some advantages with a 2-handed weapon.1/5- shield wall1/1- quick reflexes1/1- power bash1/1- deadly bash1/1- disarming bashUsing the calculator, the perks I've allocated have taken it up to level 46. Its not an easy build by any means, but since its based on a specific character, I wanted to be as thorough as possible with what he's got.

Ok, here's what I came up with using the Skyrimcalculator:

2-handed: everything except Limbsplitter and Skullcrusher

Block: 1/5 Shield Wall, 1/1 Power Bash, 1/1 Deadly Bash, 1/1 Disarming Bash

Heavy: Everything except Matching Set(unless you want it) and Reflect Blows

Smithing: 6 total, Steel up to Daedric, and Arcane Blacksmithing.

Destruction: Novice, Apprentice & Adept

Conjuration: Novice up to Master, 1/2 Summoner, 1/1 Atromancy, 1/1 Elemental Potency, 1/1 Twin Souls, 1/1 Necromancy, 1/1 Dark Souls.

That's it so far, it takes you to LV. 49 so I might distribute some perks in other areas like Alchemy and Speechcraft or more into Destruction depending how the character turns out from early level gameplay.

Really interesting idea, but I'm not too educated in FF, so I can't help much without more info. For Conjuration, are you looking more towards zombies or atronachs?Edit: I actually read up on him and created this build of what I would do. Feel free to tweak it appropriately.http://skyrimcalculator.com/#131510

I just read the build...looks good. Question though-Does it matter the power of the Atronauchs when they're summoned? Its not really going to matter as I would just summon them, and then while they have the attention of the enemy, I'd run in and slash with the Greatsword or cast Destruction from a short distance , etc.Also, he wasn't a playable character in FFIV, he was the main antagonist. SPOILER ALERT***He wound up being good in the end, realizing he was being controlled by an evil entity. Also he can't use Restoration magic at all, and I always pictured him clad in his heavy armor w/cloak and wielding a greatsword.As far as conjuration, more towards Atronachs.

As far as conjuration, more towards Atronachs.

Really? I went down the zombie aspect when I read this about Golbez."Golbez is shown to be a powerful mage capable of teleportation and telepathy, and can take control of minds,". Seems more zombie-ish to me. :PI also did the speech as Golbez is described as a cunning manipulator and intimidating. This was all based on reading though, never actually played the game.

I agree, he should have a few perks in speechcraft. I'm about to start his build now actually. I'll post tomorrow when I get to work how far along I am, what perks I have points in and how I spread them out.I'm the game he summons dragons, since there aren't any summons like that I went atronauch, but when I get there I might do both them and zombies(undead). Dremora are more like what he would be summoning though.

Got to level 15 with the build last night, 3 perks into Barbarian, 3 in Juggernaut, block, destruction and I found myself spending a great deal into stamina. Currently using I enchanted steel armor, Orcish gauntlets, and an Ancient Nord greatsword, leveled and enchanted with 16 frost. I'm gonna start on Conjuration tonight.

No, I wound up using a Nord, specifically for the bonus to 2-handed, even knowing that the Breton's racial ability is probably the best in the game. I concentrated on levels 1-10 on nothing but offense and defense. Levels 11-16 I put 2 points into magika to start for Conjuration and Destruction, and 1 into Block.Yeah you can technically block with a 2-hander, but not as well as with a shield, but the perks in the Block tree can be used(bashing) with a 2-handed weapon. Since I'm using Heavy armor with the build even the mages aren't really hurting me as much as I thought. Nord already having 50% frost resistance, I just need to enchant(later) some of my final gear with magic resistance enchantments and double enchant for my 2 handed and conjuration/destruction.....I can't pick which one yet though.Right now he's clad in Steel chestplate, Orcish gauntlets, steel helm, and steel boots(all Flawless), i just obtained Arcane Blacksmith perk as well and his weapon is an Ancient Nord Greatsword doing 40 dmg with 16+ frost. Surprisingly, I haven't come across an item to disenchant to get Soul Trap yet......weird, I usually find one in Whiterun as soon as I get there.

Once I get him going into the 20's I'll pretty much have the "look" down, then work on abilities.Daedric GreatswordEbony Mail(Boethia's)Daedric HelmetDaedric BootsDaedric GauntletsEnchanted Necklace & RingI wish there was a heavy chestplate that had a cape that was dark blue or black even to use as that would be a better fit...I even considered using Nightengale armor but I can't justify the difference in damage from the Ebony Mail.

I wish there was a heavy chestplate that had a cape that was dark blue or black even to use as that would be a better fit...I even considered using Nightengale armor but I can't justify the difference in damage from the Ebony Mail.

And the black smoke effect is a nice touch. :PAgain, we are back at Skyrim's obvious need for capes.

Agreed! I'll take what I can get though, so I figured since that's pretty much one of the best heavy armors in the game that you don't smith yourself I'd use it.I'm starting to like using bound weapons as well...I know they're one-handed, but I think I'm going to increase JUST "Armsman" to 5/5 as well...it'll give me time to level both my Conjuration & Destruction at the same time, and if I ever use the Ebony Blade(2-handed) it runs off of 1-Handed perks so It won't be underpowered. It also kinda fits with the build because his character is manipulative and deceptive and uses ppl to get what he wants.....I figure if I kill 10 ppl I've "helped" then ...hee hee hee :)Also, conjuring is ALOT of fun...

]I'm starting to like using bound weapons as well...I know they're one-handed, but I think I'm going to increase JUST "Armsman" to 5/5 as well...it'll give me time to level both my Conjuration & Destruction at the same time, and if I ever use the Ebony Blade(2-handed) it runs off of 1-Handed perks so It won't be underpowered. It also kinda fits with the build because his character is manipulative and deceptive and uses ppl to get what he wants.....I figure if I kill 10 ppl I've "helped" then ...hee hee hee :)Also, conjuring is ALOT of fun...

Yeah Ebony Blade sounds like a good weapon for that build. Though the 2 handed seemed legit D:Yeah when I first did Conjuring, I had a lot of fun with it. Killing people, raising zombies, then killing more people. I also had probably too much fun with The Ritual stone, raising like 10+ zombies at once.

LATEST UPDATE ON THE BUILD:Lv.31ALL Ebony gear and Ebony GreatswordMy enchanting isn't at 100 yet, so I can't dual enchant, but this is what I have so far.Helm: +32% archeryGauntlets: +32% 2-handedBoots: muffle effectMail: + 25% to heavy armorRing of Namira(also a gold ring with + 27% to 2-handed)Necklace: either the 30% regen stamina or Amulet of Talos, depending on the situation.Greatsword: +27 fire damageDwarven bow: soul absorbcurrently doing the companions questiline, then I'm shooting to do the college of Winterhold's quests.Also to note, I've leaned away from alot of the conjuring unless I absolute HAVE to. Every now and then I will summon up a Fire or Frost Atronoch, but until I get the Dremora Lords I really don't have a need for them. I DO, however, need some magika resistance on my soon to be crafted Daedric gear, except the Ebony Mail from Boethia. My enchanting skill is only around 65 right now, so I'm going to concentrate on those two and Alchemy for awhile just to get the dual enchant perk at 100 and then smith some Daedric gear.I am following as many Daedric quests as possible...yet playing as an "anti-hero" character. I was tempted to do a Sephiroth build, or possibly a Magus(Chrono Trigger) build just to see, but I bet there are a few Sephs out there already, and with Magus there is no Scythe for him to wield in the game...rendering it impossible....plus no damn capes!!! :(I'm sticking with Ebony gear for the character....I could use Daedric but I decided to keep all Ebony and get the +25% def bonus using Ebony Mail. Its smithed high enough now that it really doesn't matter, and I love the poison effect and muffle the armor gives. Currently splitting 50/50 health and stamina, perks are going into alchemy and enchanting now to get the added effect and more powerful gear for the rest. Still using an Ebony Greatsword, I don't know if I'll switch over to Daedric tonight or not...I'll make one and compare...right now its all about the "look" he's got.

Been gone for awhile, so I have a lot to comment on. :P

[*]I'm extremely jealous of your muffle enchantment

[*]Ring of Namira. CANNIBAL!!!

[*]A Sephiroth build would be interesing. The Blades katana is a must.

[*]Yeah not much difference between Ebony and Daedric to go craft another set. Between perks and smithing bonuses, you should be fine. I'd still craft the Daedric great sword, but that is just because I needz moar damage.

The Ring of Namira is a cool little perk I think...I have another ring that has a +27% 2-Handed bonus, but I find I don't need it as much...and yeah, I agree that I might craft a Daedric Greatsword just because it does more damage and I'll be able to add a second effect to it this time....possibly both Stamina & Health absorb.