side and main quests

jman241164

Question

I haven't gotten very far in the main quest line but have been working o side ones and daedric artifacts. I want to continue the main quest line but I am afraid that it could break or I could miss the artifact oppurtunity as easily as missing nahkriin mask. If there are any guild quests or artifact quests that will be ruined it I complete the main questline plz tell me. Thank you!

8 answers to this question

Unlike previous TES games I don't think Skyrim is that bad for having limited-time events like that. I don't really know of many myself. Regardless, you should regularly make saves at different points in your journey that you don't save over so you have some place to go back to in case you run into some bug or miss something.

To compliment what David said, It is only beneficial that you basically keep as many saves as possible, yet obviously keep maintenance on it every once in a while so your game isn't bogged down. There are no drawbacks to having several saves, including the same character with multiple Story lines. There is always another way/time to get something you may have missed and as much as I know, I'm pretty sure you can get all the masks, just don't drop any in Sovengarde as you can't go back.

• Upvote 1

To compliment what David said, It is only beneficial that you basically keep as many saves as possible, yet obviously keep maintenance on it every once in a while so your game isn't bogged down. There are no drawbacks to having several saves, including the same character with multiple Story lines. There is always another way/time to get something you may have missed and as much as I know, I'm pretty sure you can get all the masks, just don't drop any in Sovengarde as you can't go back.

I will remember that so sovngarde part thank you

Oh, that reminds me. There are 3-4 threads with people posting about losing their wooden mask and as a result losing access to the Bromjunaar Sanctuary. This is pretty tragic if you left all of the Dragon Priest Masks there, or if you want to return in order to store them in the display. One poster had even used one of the containers to store all of his good items. :pinch:Hold on tight to that Wooden Mask if/when you get it!

• Upvote 1

If only we had a fantastic Dragon Mask Guide that covered all of these problems!!!!But yeah, to finish this topic off, Skyrim is about enjoying yourself and giving the player freedom. Their are relatively few guidelines to restrain your adventure. Just do what you want, keep saves after you think you accomplished something important or entering a dangerous area, trim the saves every now and then, and have fun.