Civilization 5 / Age of Empires

* * * * * Civilization 5

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,461 Posts
Civ5 - does anyone own it? I've been thinking about buying it for quite awhile now, and the price has dropped to around $20. Is it worth it? I'm a fan of the series, and I've talked to people who absolutely love the changes V brings and others who abhor them.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Fergal

Fergal

• 1,500 Posts
Never played the game, but I just had a loot at some gameplay on YouTube. Looks pretty awesome, something like Age of Empires? Only had a quick look.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,461 Posts
Yeah, somewhat. They both involve commanding an empire through the ages. It's a a turn-based strategy game, while Age of Empires is real-time. It's pretty much the king its genre.

FunnyPirate

FunnyPirate

• 535 Posts
Well if it is like AOE and is a king of that type I recomen you to try, should be nice. By the way what are the system requirements I might get it too :)

Fergal

Fergal

• 1,500 Posts
Damn, I loved AOE II. I'll check it out later for sure.

FunnyPirate

FunnyPirate

• 535 Posts
AOE 3 is also great!! :) and better than 2 for me

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,461 Posts
AOE2 was a masterpiece for sure, one of my favorites. Did you play #3? I have it and it was a major let down for me. Didn't really like the timeperiod and the limited type/number of units.

Fergal

Fergal

• 1,500 Posts
I've played a bit of #3, yeah, it was kind of a let down. I much rather #2 for some reason.

FunnyPirate

FunnyPirate

• 535 Posts
Graphics in # were actualy nice and the variation between the 4 diferent styles of army that you could command are nice, I played both 2 and 3 for a while now but I like both, still 3 being my fav.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Civilization 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,741 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,397 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com