Dragon Plate Armor vs. Daedric

David

Heavy Armor: Daedric vs. Dragon Plate  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Daedric
    • Dragon Plate
    • Light Armor FTW!

Yeah I read that too. First I was like :P, then I was like "sa;ldjflksd", then I was like "meh idc".As far as looks, Dragon kind of impresses me. However, Daedric as the better helmet. Then again it doesn't really matter. I tried my hand at some alchemy, enchanting, and smithing bonus stacking and managed to smith Dragon Plate, Dragon Scale, and Daedric to max rating and handed them out to my wife, Lydia, and myself.So basically, with perks and upgrades and the fact that both varieties are really strong, it doesn't really matter. If you are low on bones/scales, make Daedric. If you can't find hearts, go with Dragon. If you have both or neither, save for what looks best.

When I first saw that Daedric was better than DP - at least at the basic armor rating - I was slightly surprised. Then I reasoned that after you take Daedra hearts into account, it is quite a bit harder to get materials for smithing Daedric. Alas, it is not so anyways.So when is that alch/enchanting/smithing boosting guide coming out? I keep answering Yahoo questions and it comes up CONSTANTLY. :P

When I get 100 alchemy. I lucked out and found a high enchanting potion, which took care of the alchemy. I told myself I'll just spend money on trainers, but then I realized Skyrim trainers don't work like Oblivion trainers; instead of the money per level being based on your current level (lvl 47 cost 470), they have it so the more you pay to train, the higher the prices get.I'll one day realize I have nothing better to do and go on a giant's toe and wheat gathering spree, make some awesome alchemy gear, visit the thief stone, sleep with my wife, and just have at it.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I'm back at heavy armor, so I think I'll go with Dragon. If anything, guards will just comment on how awesome I look. Also, it is pretty fucked up killing dragons, who have the ability to feel emotions, think independently, and have free will, while wearing armor made up of themselves.

Meh 100 speechcraft and I picked up some persuasion and intimidation perks so I don't really care. But I never knew that :wacko:.EDIT: Yeah. Apparently full set, not sure if this includes shield, raises intimidation chances by 10%. That 10% bonus is of the original chances, in other words it won't be 10% after any perks or enchanted gear you have is factored in.

• 2 months later...

So when is that alch/enchanting/smithing boosting guide coming out? I keep answering Yahoo questions and it comes up CONSTANTLY. Posted Image

In response to that, I'm working on it D: You're friendly Skyrim member is working on it. As stated in a PM, i have basically finished the Alchemy guide, just need type it out. After that i'm bumping up the Smithing guide instead, and thanks to your Table stuff, It'll look professional as well.

In response to that, I'm working on it D: You're friendly Skyrim member is working on it. As stated in a PM, i have basically finished the Alchemy guide, just need type it out. After that i'm bumping up the Smithing guide instead, and thanks to your Table stuff, It'll look professional as well.

That response was directed at me, which I finished that guide. We need an Alchemy guide and a Smithing guide that doesn't mention the iron dagger method though.

50% to make items better? because If you tempered up some Daedric wearing full +25% Smithing (x4) and chugged down a 120% Smithing Potion (those are legit, just wear full +25% alchemy gear, +100 Alchemy and a few perks spent) and that would be what... like 220%+50% or like 270% total Smithing Bonus? not too bad. Wonder what that would do for it.. adding in the +5 Heavy Armor perk and the armor rating bonus perks.Currently on my "Hunter" his full Dragonscale set gives him a little bit over 1200 legit armor rating. Due to just the Smithing armor and potion (+220%) and the +25% armor rating perks.

• 4 weeks later...