What did you do with Cicero? (Spoilers)

David

Did you let him live, or did you finish him off?I couldn't make up my mind. I understand that should you let him live, you can potentially have him as a follower after you finish the Dark Brotherhood. That would be more for the sake of being able to than anything else, since I'd never willingly drag him around as a companion. If I kill him, I can always just thrall him anyways.When I was messing around with the quest the other day, I summoned Luchien Lachance, who gave me some speec about how "the dread father" does not desire for me to kill Cicero as "the keeper is a sacred position."So. To follow the creepy corpse, or to listen to Astrid (who seems like a power-hungry incompetent tbh).

I read dead thralling Cicero can lead to some pretty bad problems when it comes to continuing the Dark Brotherhood quest line. This may of been patched though.Usually I just kill him. Kind of a liability. Other times I let him live. Mostly kill him though. His voice annoys me. I also like his armor bonuses better than the Dark Brotherhood armor. That's all I used on my stealth play through. God I loved that Khajiit.

I ended up killing him because I noticed that his armor had much better enchantments than the jester outfit you find at the beginning of the sanctuary.And... I found an epic glitch (which I looked up and confirmed after I did it in my game). I stole Cicero's armor off of his corpse, and then thrall'd his body so I could take it back to my house and stow it away for my thrall collection. When I left the sanctuary, I noticed that Cicero spawned with all of his armor. I killed him and stole it again, and re-thrall'd his corpse. When I fast traveled to Whiterun, he again spawned with all of his armor.It's quite epic since his outfit is VERY valuable. I also don't have to look at his loin-clothe constantly, so it's win-win.

I ended up killing him because I noticed that his armor had much better enchantments than the jester outfit you find at the beginning of the sanctuary.And... I found an epic glitch (which I looked up and confirmed after I did it in my game). I stole Cicero's armor off of his corpse, and then thrall'd his body so I could take it back to my house and stow it away for my thrall collection. When I left the sanctuary, I noticed that Cicero spawned with all of his armor. I killed him and stole it again, and re-thrall'd his corpse. When I fast traveled to Whiterun, he again spawned with all of his armor.It's quite epic since his outfit is VERY valuable. I also don't have to look at his loin-clothe constantly, so it's win-win.

Heard you can do something similar with The Champion of Bethasdfsadf (that Daedric prince) and his Ebony Mail.

I didn't have any issues completing the DB questline with him thrall'd, although I didn't bring him around during it either.If you don't kill Cicero, what happens when everyone moves to the Dawnstar sanctuary (or does he not stay there)? I assumed you lie and tell Astrid he's dead regardless, but the wiki states that he re-joins the brotherhood after one of the quests if you let him live.

If you don't kill Cicero, what happens when everyone moves to the Dawnstar sanctuary (or does he not stay there)? I assumed you lie and tell Astrid he's dead regardless, but the wiki states that he re-joins the brotherhood after one of the quests if you let him live.

You just lie and say you killed him and you go on with the main quest. Afterwards, when you first meet Nazir and Babette at the Dawnstar Sanctuary and leave, he'll walk up and pretend he's going to attack you, then laughs and says he's going to resume his role as the Keeper or whatever it's called.

Huh. I pictured an awkward encounter with Nazie and Babette. So they just non-chalantly ignore him and go about their business as if he didn't try to assassinate everyone?

If I remember correctly, Babette will mention something along the lines of "first we want Cicero dead and now everything is okay?" (not even a close quote, but that is the gist of what she says). Nazir will mention something like "I didn't think you killed him. If he's fine by you then he's fine by me" (again, that's a summary).

Well, I wasn't thinking my first time through, and killed him. Let's think about this, though.In Oblivion, the Dark Brotherhood had 5 tenets by which to follow. They were assasins, but honorable nonetheless.Nowadays, the Dark Brotherhood is just another assasin guild. There is nothing special about it.Cicero is classic Dark Brotherhood. He hates the new setup, and wants to go back to the old ways. Can you blame him for attacking a member?If you spare Cicero, the Dark Brotherhood will go back to the way it was, and gain prestige throughout Tamriel once again.Also, the more prestigous members are in the Brotherhood, the better, right?

You have a point, but I think either way the DB is on the way to its prestigious old ways with or without Cicero. The DB name becomes legend once again after you kill the Emperor, and since you become the listener everyone is able to communicate with the Night Mother again.You're right that it is probably the better thing to let him live according to lore, but I think the DB is on the way up without him too.

I just decided to kill him in the Dawnstar Sanctuary. I hated him, he was soooooo annoying. When I killed him I hit him with a sword and he span around and landed with his head in the fireplace of what was to be the torture room. So now whenever I go in to check on my victims I feel a little joy seeing a naked, dead cicero burning in the flames :) I'm so twisted

I just decided to kill him in the Dawnstar Sanctuary. I hated him, he was soooooo annoying. When I killed him I hit him with a sword and he span around and landed with his head in the fireplace of what was to be the torture room. So now whenever I go in to check on my victims I feel a little joy seeing a naked, dead cicero burning in the flames :) I'm so twisted

I also get joy out of seeing naked dead jesters, but for different reasons.
  • Upvote 1