Do you like Skyrim's Perk System?

David

I'm actually not a huge fan of it. Yes, it forces players to essentially pick a play-style and stick with it... But leveling is now pointless for too many skills. Although each level you gain in something like One-Handed is going to help you, skills like Illusion (and other magic skills) don't have the same benefits. The only purpose of leveling those skills is to essentially unlock the perks, which you can then... Unlock. It just seems redundant and sad that some skills have nearly no difference between Master level and Novice without perk investments.

Yeah that's how Oblivion was. The perk system kind of allows more possibilities with skills, but no chance to have them all. I would like to see a one time reset thing, especially since how I plan my character sometimes changes mid play through.Another interesting idea would be a combination of the two systems, where you get some added bonus upon milestone level up while other perks have to be invested in.

I liked how they go about it in most Bioware games. They have an insanely expensive tome that you can purchase and use to reset all of your perks. I'd even be fine if it was a one-time deal.I understand that it would really kill the point of having one build, but I can't be assed to put 200 more hours into another character for no reason other than to try a different play-style.

I actually tend to not mind when there's a relatively complex leveling system. Don't get me wrong, I understand that Oblivion's was much too complex for the average player; however, the challenge behind leveling correctly and efficiently was a huge reason I loved playing it. When the story lines and quests get bored after the 3rd play-through, the leveling system challenge still remained.