* * * * * Skyrim Patch 1.4

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,461 Posts
Other things to note:

[*]Creation Kit coming out roughly within the next month.
    [*]PS3 "lag issues" supposed to - again - be resolved.
    [/list]

NEW FEATURES

[*]Skyrim launcher support for Steam Workshop*
      [/list]BUG FIXES

[*]General optimizations for memory and performance
        [*]Optimized bookshelf script in player-owned houses that would occasionally cause active scripts to lag and also cause an increase to saved games filesize (PS3)
        [/list]Improved compiler optimization settings

[*]Memory optimizations related to scripting
          [*]Fixed crashes related to pathing and AI
          [*]Fixed crash in Haemar's Shame if player had already completed "A Daedra's Best Friend"
          [*]Fixed rare crash with loading saved games
          [*]Fixed issue with accented characters not displaying properly at the end of a line
          [*]Fixed issue where quests would incorrectly progress after reloading a save
          [*]Fixed issues with placing and removing books from bookshelves in the player's home
          [*]Fixed issue where weapon racks and plaques would not work correctly in player's house if player immediately visits their house before purchasing any furnishing.
          [*]Fixed issue where the player house in Windhelm would not clean up properly
          [*]Fixed crash related to giant attacks and absorb spells
          [*]Fixed issue with ash piles not cleaning up properly
          [*]Fixed occasional issue where overwriting an existing save would fail
          [*]Fixed memory crash with container menu
          [*]Fixed infinite loop with bookshelves
          [*]Fixed issue where traps in Shalidor's Maze would not work properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian versions
          [*]Fixed issue where transforming back to human from werewolf would occasionally fail
          [*]Bows and daggers will display properly when placed on weapon racks
          [/list]QUEST FIXES

[*]The Unusual Gem inside the Thalmor Embassy is now accessible after finishing "Diplomatic Immunity"
            [*]In "Breaching Security", the quest token is no longer required to receive a fortune reading from Olava the Feeble
            [*]Fixed issue where Galmar would not complete Joining the Stormcloaks properly if "Season Unending" was an active quest
            [*]Fixed issue where starting "Season Unending" after finishing "Joining the Stormcloaks" would prevent "The Jagged Crown" from starting properly.
            [*]Fixed issue progressing through "Message to Whiterun" while "Season Unending" was still open would block progression for both quests.
            [*]In "Arniel's Endeavor", fixed issue where a quest journal would trigger multiple times
            [*]In "Forbidden Legend", the amulet fragment can no longer disappear after player leaves a dungeon without taking it
            [*]Fixed rare issue in "Forbidden Legend" where killing Mikrul Gauldurson while sneaking would make his corpse unaccessible
            [*]In "The White Phial", the phial can no longer disappear if player leaves dungeon without taking it
            [*]"The White Phial" will now start properly if player already has a briar heart in their inventory
            [*]Player can no longer get stuck in Misty Grove after completing "A Night to Remember"
            [*]Fixed issue where leaving Riften during "A Chance Arrangement" would prevent quest from progressing
            [*]In "Darkness Returns", a door in Twilight Sepulcher will properly open if the player leaves the dungeon for an extended period of time before completing the quest
            [*]In "Revealing the Unseen", if the player leaves the Oculory for an extended period of time after placing the focusing crystal and returns, the quest will proceed correctly
            [*]"Onmund's Request" will now start properly if player has already found Enthir's staff before receiving this quest
            [*]Fixed instance where Tonilia would stop buying stolen items and also would not give Guild Leader Armor
            [*]"Repairing the Phial" will start properly if player already has unmelting snow or mammoth tusk in their inventory
            [*]Finding Pantea's Flute before speaking with Pantea no longer prevents her quest from updating
            [*]In "The Break of Dawn", fixed rare instance where a quest object would spawn incorrectly on the Katariah during Hail Sithis
            [*]Fixed rare issue in "The Mind of Madness" where player is unable to equip the Wabbajack
            [*]Fixed issue in "Pieces of the Past" where Mehrunes Dagon's Razor will not trigger properly if player leaves the cell for extended period of time before activating it
            [*]"Blood's Honor" will start properly if you visited and completed Driftshade and an extended period of time passes before starting the quest.
            [*]Fixed rare issue where "Dampened Spirits" would not start properly
            [*]Fixed issue where killing guards in Cidhna Mine would block progression for "No One Escapes Cidhna Mine"
            [*]Fixed numerous issues with "Blood on the Ice" not triggering properly
            [*]In "Blood on the Ice", Calixto can now be killed if player owns a house in Windhelm
            [*]In "The Cure for Madness", killing Cicero then resurrecting him no longer impedes quest progress
            [*]Fixed rare issue in "To Kill an Empire" where an NPC would fail to die properly
            [*]Clearing Knifepoint Ridge before starting "Boethiah's Champion" no longer prevents quest from starting.
            [/list]

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Fergal

Fergal

• 1,500 Posts
Hopefully the PS3 lag issues will actually be fixed. Annoying the crap out of me.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,461 Posts
I actually haven't really noticed any awful lag - it suprised me when it was so prominently mentioned in the article I read.

YouEnjoyMyself

YouEnjoyMyself

• 8 Posts
This game has only frozen twice and lagged a handful of times on ps3. fallout 3 was way way way worse

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts
I have to play on an unpatched version of the game. Reading all these possible bugs, I'm kind of paranoid now. o.O

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,461 Posts
Ha, yeah, I'm getting more and more paranoid as well. Just browsing Yahoo Answers, there are thousands of questions posted every day about "z0mg quest r brok3n!". Course, our support forum here isn't any different.Why do you have to play the unpatched version though? I'd just take a USB stick to school and try to get the update. That's what I used to do for the PS3 firmware updates - not sure if they have the PS3 Skyrim patches online as well.

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts
I'm not technically inclined, so I'll tell you my problem. Basically, I can't download everything I need for xbox live because I can't fit the update on my memory card. I have one of the cheap, 64 MB ones and even if I were to delete everything off of that, I wouldn't be able to fit it on there. So basically I can't use live unless I buy a hardrive. Unless I'm mistaken and there is another way.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Skyrim Patch, 1.4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,741 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,397 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com