Smithing Perk Question

Blake

Question

Need some Skyrim help? You've come to the right place! This is a free service supported by other players; no registration, personal details, or payment is required.

Just follow the instructions below to post your question and get a fast, professional answer from a fellow gamer!

Instructions

1. Enter your preferred nickname that will appear with this message ("Enter Your Name"), and fill out the captcha (used to prevent bots) in the designated areas above.

2. Enter the subject of your question when prompted for the topic title. Note: the "Topic Title" should only be 2-4 words summarizing the topic of your question; your actual question goes where these instructions are!

3. Write your entire question and other details here, in the body of the large text area. You should delete this default instructional message by overwriting it with your question. This is easily done by selecting all of this text and hitting delete or backspace.

4. Click the "Post New Topic" button below.

5. Await an answer; we'll be with you shortly! Refresh your page to check for replies, or browse other questions while you wait!

Remember to bookmark the page with your question so you know where to find it!

Joking. But seriously, I have a question that's been bugging me. I'm a Khajiit, specializing in Light Armor. I've been smithing a lot and got to wondering, should I take the Light Armor side of the tree or the Heavy?

At first I was considering the left, so I can make the armor that I will soon specialize in. Then it occured to me Daedric weapons are slightly better than glass, so I'd have to take the right side of the tree to get to them. If I do that though, I'll have to depend on finding the armor that I want to use, which I probably could, but I'll be making the high level armor long before I start finding it in dungeons. Either way I get access to Dragon Armor, so that's not a big deal.

So to sum it up, should I take the Light Armor tree, and make the armor that I want while settling for the slight weaker weapons (which is a big deal once I get into enchanting and improving), or should I take the right side and depend on finding the armor I need while being able to craft Daedric weapons?

• Upvote 1

4 answers to this question

There's really no point in getting the light armor side imo. Light armor itself is pointless compared to heavy armor unless the look of it is more important to you than the bonuses. Then again, you can always just smith-boost ANY armor to the max bonus of 540 whatever so I guess that's moot.Really, though, you're right that you'll just end up finding glass armor anyway. Plus the dragon variant of light armor is the best in the game, and you can still get that perk by going up the heavy armor side.tl;dr heavy armor side ftw.