Dusang's In-depth Barrows analysis

Dusang

81 chests later .. o.o--Your making me want to barrows again .. i do have to admit it was a rather fun time in my life.Quick tip, i use half monkfish, and half basket of strawberries (5) - they heal overall more than monkfish, but require more eating time. (Use in the tunnels against the little monster peoples.)Dunno if that tip is well known .. i imagine it is.

You should. If you kept accurate data I'd be more than happy to have some help. :PI only ever use about 1 monkfish in the tunnel. I dunno if that justifies the extra effort into getting baskets. (Thank you, 99 defense.)
  • Upvote 1

I should have checked your 99 defence.I only have 71, hence why i swap out the torso for a verac top too - so the strawbs do help to add another 1-3 trips per run.Although, i haven't actually done a barrows run since i got 95 prayer .. so that may add another trip per inventory.--If i do collate any data, how would you like it collated?

I should have checked your 99 defence.I only have 71, hence why i swap out the torso for a verac top too - so the strawbs do help to add another 1-3 trips per run.Although, i haven't actually done a barrows run since i got 95 prayer .. so that may add another trip per inventory.--If i do collate any data, how would you like it collated?

Here's a few days ago's entry:October 9th, 201114 hours 56 minutes81 chests2 Karil's Coif2 Karil's xbows1 Ahrim's top1 Dh Platelegs1 Torag's helm1 Dh greataxe1 Arhim's staff1 Dh Helm2 Verac's Brassys1908 bolt racks12903 Chaos Runes3516 BloodsAnd I'd like screenshots of each days earnings. I try to keep it a little informal heh. I'll be compiling/formalizing it as soon as all of the data is gathered. The most important information I'm trying to gather is average amount of trips that amount to a drop, and how often each drop occurs. I'm assuming it should come out pretty even if we have a large enough sample. (ie 200-300 hours worth of trips) Enough to get every item more than one time. I'll also be recording and compiling personal data as to the efficiency of each method eventually. [ie trip lengths with maxed stats (I'll have to max first, heh) with various types of equipments] And I hope to come to a pretty concrete conclusion concerning meta-game barrowing. Creating a standard, if you will. :P
  • Upvote 1

Hey Mr.Barrows expert, would I, a combat 81 with the stats; 42defence 91ranged soon to be 85magic, beable to barrows?Posted Image

If your prayer is above 43, absolutely. :) You'd have to pray on every brother though and the tunnel would be quite a bit of food. It wouldn't be very efficient but definitely possible, and even profitable.

I shall do an afternoon or two of barrows when i hit 99 str.Try and hit up a nice new barrows item. Probably get torag hammers, but we shall see.--Apollo, you can do barrows like Dusang said. You are a prime candidate for using Sharks and Strawberries though. (1x basket of strawberries heals around 300HP)