So I Finally Installed F.Lux...

David

Less tired -> Win.

Mine is more of a yellow-orange colour, though.

Does it actually make you less tired? I thought it was just supposed to strain your eyes less (unless that's what you're implying).

wat is this

Program that automatically adjusts the color of your monitor based on the time of the day, allegedly for strain/sleep/health benefits.

I will say that while testing it at ~2am, turning F.Lux off (screen went back to default) did cause a fairly remarkable increase in how strained my eyes were. Whether that was due to my eyes being adjusted to the f.lux color or a painful reality that my eyes have strained to accommodate in the past... I don't know.

Does it actually make you less tired? I thought it was just supposed to strain your eyes less (unless that's what you're implying).

I will say that while testing it at ~2am, turning F.Lux off (screen went back to default) did cause a fairly remarkable increase in how strained my eyes were. Whether that was due to my eyes being adjusted to the f.lux color or a painful reality that my eyes have strained to accommodate in the past... I don't know.

Less strain, but I feel less tired is just a direct consequence of that, at least if I am trying to read something late at night, because it just hurts otherwise.

But yeah, when switching it on and off, the difference is ridiculous.