What race are you the least likely to ever play as?

ESO: Unlikely Races  

18 members have voted

1. 1. You're at the character creation screen. What is that last race you'd ever choose? (i.e. your least favorite race)

• Altmer
    • Bosmer
    • Khajiit
    • Breton
    • Redguard
    • Argonian
    • Dunmer
    • Nord
    • Imperial
    • Orc
    • They're all great you racist bastard!

I'm pretty sure we've already had meta-discussions about this regarding the general TES series, so this is going to be based on ESO specifically. I usually like going either Altmer (obligatory master race comment) or the natural inhabitant of whatever province the TES game I'm playing is based in. The latter obviously isn't going to work for ESO.

If you had to deem one the worst (or your least favorite), which do you choose?

Tough choice between Khajiit and Argonian for me... Can't stand looking at either for extended periods. When it comes down to it, at least Khajiits can have the "lol furry" factor, so Argonian it is.

Sorry hemidactylus lovers.

Well, I don't particularly hate any of the races, but my bottom tiers are a tie between Altmer, Orc and Argonian.

Haha... you forgot to include Orcs. Poor Orcs. Just goes to show how unloved they are.

Well, I don't particularly hate any of the races, but my bottom tiers are a tie between Altmer, Orc and Argonian.

bottom tier ... Altmer

Wait, what?!

iSbumcekrg7cu_zps761488c3.gif

Argonian - Nothing against them, just could never see myself playing them.

XoZzlqQ_zps23210636.gif

I may have just rediscovered my gif folder.

Oh, and you just had to go mod on my post, didn't you?

I think we can all agree this topic only brings conflict. What the hell, man?

There's a difference between playful / friendly / competitive banter and things that can be easily construed (or misconstrued) as personal or mean-spirited. I personally felt that there was a greater chance of the latter. If you'd like, you can PM me about it.

Oh, and I added orcs. I knew something was off about that final count...

Voted orcs. They dont even look like orcs. And their passives are just for runaway.

Run away?  you mean bum rush the bastards! gotta run in on foot so you don't waste time dismounting before you can swing!

Imperial for me.  I don't see any reason to roll them.  I might roll a breton and name them like an Imp...  great improvement!

There's a difference between playful / friendly / competitive banter and things that can be easily construed (or misconstrued) as personal or mean-spirited. I personally felt that there was a greater chance of the latter. If you'd like, you can PM me about it.

Oh, and I added orcs. I knew something was off about that final count...

Sent you a scathing PM.

Anyway, haven't you noticed your GIF is basically cutting your head off? Watch the captioning. Nice one, Hirschel.

• 2 weeks later...

High Elf for me.  Never liked them in Morrowind or Oblivion (Weakness to All Magic is bleh!!!  I don't care that they don't have that anymore, still don't like the gold skinned bastages!).  I'd uninstall before I rolled Altmer.

Amusingly my top picks are all from the races with votes >.>  Orc, Breton, Nord and Imperial.  (All favorites in Morrowind, especially Bretons and Nords  Ah the good old days when Nords were Immune to Frost, Resistant to Shock and had a permanent Shield effect)

High Elf for me.  Never liked them in Morrowind or Oblivion (Weakness to All Magic is bleh!!!  I don't care that they don't have that anymore, still don't like the gold skinned bastages!).  I'd uninstall before I rolled Altmer.

Amusingly my top picks are all from the races with votes >.>  Orc, Breton, Nord and Imperial.  (All favorites in Morrowind, especially Bretons and Nords  Ah the good old days when Nords were Immune to Frost, Resistant to Shock and had a permanent Shield effect)

You're going to make David shed a tear for that. But you get kudos from me for being pro-Nord.

• Upvote 1

The reptile

I liked it, hoping that you'd stay and write something funny.

When it comes to the original topic though; I'll probably never play the game, but if I did, I'd probably play as nord, because I am a nord. I not, a khajit to please Blex...

...sexually

Edit: After reading the title, I realize I completely misunderstood. I'm least liekly to play any race is my answer.

Ha.

I no a funny guy buddy.  sry.

I liked it, hoping that you'd stay and write something funny.

When it comes to the original topic though; I'll probably never play the game, but if I did, I'd probably play as nord, because I am a nord. I not, a khajit to please Blex...

...sexually

Edit: After reading the title, I realize I completely misunderstood. I'm least liekly to play any race is my answer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't know if I'm allowed to respond to a thread that's this old, but since it's the most recent, I thought I'd give my opinion. I haven't played TESO yet (getting it in October), but I'd have to say Breton. A short, stocky man-elf doesn't interest me very much, barring their magic resistance (that's in this, right?).