What TES games have you played?

David

Previous TES Experience  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Select the TES games you have played. (multiple choices allowed)

• Arena
    • Daggerfall
    • Morrowind
    • Oblivion
    • Skyrim
    • TESO (planning on it)
    • None

Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. Only played Skyrim properly though, and about 4 times. :P

If you can get over how less beautiful the older ones look compared to Skyrim, they are pretty fun, Morrowind especially is much more challenging though.

I remember you posting about how horrified you were with Oblivion's graphics when you first saw it, as if you couldn't believe anyone would have played it. :lol:

How much did you actually play Oblivion / Morrowind? I know I put probably 3 times as many hours into Oblivion as Skyrim.

Arena, Daggerfall, and Skyrim.

Arena sucked. It's outdated with terrible controls, and the tutorial dungeon is a nightmare. Even the Bethesda developers admit they have trouble beating it.

Daggerfall was ok. The map system was pretty bad, which made it difficult to navigate dungeons, but the fast travel system was excellent. Probably the greatest fast travel system I've ever seen.

Skyrim was excellent, outside of the level scaling. Of course, I hardly need to explain what I liked about the game, because that's the one game we've all likely played.

I remember you posting about how horrified you were with Oblivion's graphics when you first saw it, as if you couldn't believe anyone would have played it. :lol:

How much did you actually play Oblivion / Morrowind? I know I put probably 3 times as many hours into Oblivion as Skyrim.

I was really only horrified with how god-awful the Khajiits looked...

Tbh, I only said I've played Oblivion for the sake of it, really hardly nothing, few hours. Meh. Morrowind, a nice bit more, but nothing compared to Skyrim. Kinda annoyed me how dark it was half the time, but just looked annoying with brightness up.

Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. Arena was fun long ago. Daggerfall I loved I have played it longer than any other ES game, in fact I have it on this computer I'm using and still play at least a few times a week(one thing I wish they would add in all the games is a bank). Morrowind comes in second, was tiny compared to Daggerfall, but great content especially with the BloodMoon expansion(my favorite). Oblivion was good although I didn't really like the fast travel after Morrowind but I loved having a horse again, good dlc but I hated the cut down of the spells and items. Skyrim Is an awesome game as far as player-world interaction, my biggest like was the fact that when you talk to people time doesn't stop, only thing I don't like about it is the cut down of the spells and items(like oblivion but even worse) especially the apparent destruction of spell making altars and npcs, that hurt all my magic wielding characters(though partial comeback with the shouts, nice touch).

I'm going to let you all guess what my most played Elder Scrolls Game is...

MORROWIND!

In fact if I'd like anything from ESO is simply MORE-oh-wind. The Oh-wind is the mystical force that Bethesda harnessed to make TES3 ermazing!

I played the unholy shit out of that game. I played it at a friends house and it totally transformed my gaming life. I bougt Morrowind 1 month before I could afford an Xbox (why buy an xbox if you can't play Morrowind on it?) and read the instruction manual cover-to-cover the whole time, imagining all the spells and everything, and when I finally got to playing it, it was even more amazing than I could have possibly imagined.

Just to put it all into perspective I had one (of many dozens and dozens of characters) who legitimately maxxed everything out. It took forever, but he was an utter bad-ass.

I will always be fond of that game. (uh I also played Oblivion and Skyrim)

But some of the magic has been lost in recent iterations. 

In Skyrim I tinkered with a couple of characters, but eventually I just settled on one character who just explored the world, and didn't really bother with towns and quests etc. Also the Shield tree > all others in terms of fun. Unlimited sneak at a full sprint???? Only with a shield :P

• Upvote 1

It's an entire rewrite of the Daggerfall engine that greatly enhances the game and allows it to run natively on modern platforms. It's also intended to include stuff that was partially/intended to be released in the game, but was never finished, like some quests, characters, and possibly things like city sieges and dynamic NPC's. Also the thing supports the rendering of any province and many different dungeons with high resolution graphics (including smoothed terrain and Bloom). Once the beta is released by luciusDXL (the project leader), the level editors and source code will be released so players can make mods for it. It's essentially a community-driven project. Lucius is just throwing out the tools and the stable core (Daggerfall wasn't very stable) and allowing the community to add the stuff they want (i.e. improved UI, 3D character models, different NPC portraits, etc.). I think of myself as the guru of the Feature Requests forum. I'm a very creative person :)

• 4 weeks later...