Assassin's Creed's Possible Future

Anarchy

Possible Future Timelines  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What timeline would you guy like to see/play next?

• Nineteenth Century - New England and American Midwest
    • Thirteenth Century - Egypt and Northern Africa
    • Fourteenth Century - Ashikage Shogunate in Japan
    • Eighteenth Century - French Revolution
    • Nineteenth Century - Napoleonic wars; Taiwan
    • Twentieth Century - "Summer of Love" American Pacific Coast
    • Other - Please Post

So as many of you already know, Assassin's Creed IV is already out on both current and next-gen systems. What some of you might not know is what's planned for the future, we obviously know that Ubisoft will ride this franchise until they run out of ideas.SPOILERSIn Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, you play as "yourself" and you work for Abstergo. You aid Shawn and Rebecca who are Assassins that helped Desmond by hacking Abstergo.So back to topic...One of the computer hacks lead to an Email between Abstergo workers. In the email it details possible future locations and previous locations from the previous games.Potential Assassin’s Creed Setting OptionsPatrilineal Line:Fifteenth Century – Italian Renaissance (AC 2, AC2B)Sixteenth Century – Ottoman Empire (AC2R)Eighteenth Century – American Colonies / War of Independence (AC 3)Nineteenth Century – New England and American MidwestMatrilineal Line:Twelfth Century – Holy Land / Crusades (AC 1)Thirteenth Century – Egypt and Northern AfricaFourteenth Century – Ashikaga Shogunate in JapanEighteenth Century – French RevolutionNineteenth Century – Napoleonic wars; TaiwanTwentieth Century – “Summer of Love†American Pacific CoastThe email also states:"Let's avoid digging into any modern periods (i.e. 20th century) unless we find something incredibly compelling. Because, as fun as a World War Two setting might sound, we'd do well to avoid any settings with vehicles: cars, motorcycles, helicopters, tanks, etc."So we can safely say that there will be no 20th, 21st or current century they are in. Also the head developer of AC 4 said "I would really like to do a game in Egypt".What are your thoughts on the matter?

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I personally feel as if the series has completely jumped the shark, moving away from what originally made it great. I'm a history buff. Assassin's Creed is, by definition to me, running around with pre-renaissance technology doing assassinations. I have next to 0 interested in the whole modern Desmond story lines (thank god that ended without going into spoilers).

AC has been drifting farther and farther from that since AC2. I want them to go backwards. 

From your list, the French Revolution is the most appealing to me despite the fact it's more modern than I'd like. It's the most modern century I'd tolerate. I only chose it before the earlier options because their settings / locations don't interest me. Europe (or perhaps Roman Middle East / Africa) is where it's at.

Then again since AC3 was so absolutely terrible I told myself I was done with the franchise, so who knows.

Good thread though, good to see you again. :)

I'm a history buff. Assassin's Creed is, by definition to me, running around with pre-renaissance technology doing assassinations. I have next to 0 interested in the whole modern Desmond story lines (thank god that ended without going into spoilers).From your list, the French Revolution is the most appealing to me despite the fact it's more modern than I'd like. It's the most modern century I'd tolerate. I only chose it before the earlier options because their settings / locations don't interest me. Europe (or perhaps Roman Middle East / Africa) is where it's at.Then again since AC3 was so absolutely terrible I told myself I was done with the franchise, so who knows.

As a History Major, I agree with you. The older the better the game is.I really think that the:Thirteenth Century – Egypt and Northern Africawould be interesting because of all the history and mythology that is related to that time period. Plus there would be a bunch of cool architecture to climb. Fourteenth Century – Ashikaga Shogunate in Japanwould also be great because they could either make the assassin a samurai or ninja. Either one would be awesome. Smoke bombs, kunai, shurikens, katanas, darts, bow and arrows all are great classic weaponsEighteenth Century – French Revolutionwould be very interesting to play through, assassination of the king and queen, also all the economic and diplomacy problems they were having would make a great story line to follow. I also found this time period very interesting when learning about it.I also think these time periods would be great:Ancient Rome - Julius CaesarAncient Greece - Battle of 300, Greeks vs the Persian Empire, Alexander the GreatTwelfth Century - Genghis KhanMedieval Europe - Fall of Rome, Charlemagne

Regarding AC4, how good/bad is it? As some of you may know, the only thing I like more than pirates are humanoid cat people and streaking. I saw some gameplay before it came out (sea shanties, ship battles, and some general killing) and it looked okay.

As far as time period, I doubt they will go to a modern day setting. If anything, it may be a part of the present day story and not a setting for the game itself. Japan and Egypt were nice ideas.

Or maybe have one in Antarctica where you are a penguin. Killing polar bears, of course.

I haven't played AC4, but from what I've heard it's primarily about Connor's background through his relative, right? This honestly worries me because it seems like they're building up to feature that monstrosity in another AC game... With the French Revolution in 1789 they could easily bring Connor back in his prime for AC:V. They even have a tie-in with Lafayette from AC:III.

If it happens, I will cut myself.

Ignoring the fact that Connor is literally the worst character I've ever had the displeasure of being forced to tolerate for more than 3 minutes... Well, I can just see it now...

An autistic Apache (or whatever) IN FRANCE running through the front-lines swinging his tomahawk like some sort of hell-bent downy. Throw in his characteristic teenage angst and lack of any personality and we've got ourselves another Ubisoft blockbuster. 

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding AC4, how good/bad is it? As some of you may know, the only thing I like more than pirates are humanoid cat people and streaking. I saw some gameplay before it came out (sea shanties, ship battles, and some general killing) and it looked okay.

As far as time period, I doubt they will go to a modern day setting. If anything, it may be a part of the present day story and not a setting for the game itself. Japan and Egypt were nice ideas.

I have a somewhat bias when it comes to AC games, except when it comes to AC3. In my opinion AC4 is their second best game they've made so far after AC2 or even AC2BH. Sailing and ship battles are great and the sea shanties are super catchy and you tend to sing a long when they sing. Though the game like always has glitches, but I've only come across one on my 360. The landscape is great and the mission types are awesome. The jungles and cities are beautiful, even the harpooning system is fun. The hunting is ehhh? The background music is superb!

One thing I disliked a lot was Connor's Fleet (feature), which is similiar to the assasins guild feature. I dislike it because it's an online feature, I didn't see why they had to make that feature online.